Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Cap'n on Deck

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Cap'n on Deck 1st May 2011

Great news....

Following a meeting between Bob Smith and myself I have bought the ex RA Stingray kit and tooling lock, stock and ratemaster.

We will be re-issuing this kit in the near future. I also look forward to working with Bob on a few other projects. I will post details as these projects develop, it looks like it will be an exciting year.

I recently attended the Model & Hobby show in Thornbury where there were a plethora of model railway layouts and some fantastic static models too. I was most unsuccessful in my search for Anderson related railway kits with nothing that i didn't already have but really enjoyed meeting other model makers and discussing how they do things.

Of particular interest to Anderson model makers was Kyeslights range, they stock some brilliant streetlight and strobing LED chips, see the photos for their web site details:

For those of you that are going Chris & I will be at the Bath & West Show Ground on Monday (tomorrow). I have never been to this event before but from the looks of the web page it seems to be a very large show.
If you want to meet up send me a PM, photos will follow.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
telster
Medical Technician

Hi Cap'n ... Great news indeed!

Do you know yet if you will be able to issue the kit with a hollow hull as I believe Bob's 1st run was? I hope so!

Any update on the release of the TB3 model?

Cheers
Tel
telster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Stingray sneak peek....

Hi Tel,

The TB3 model is mastered and on way for mould making, all graphics files are now completed and ready to go. I will be ordering tube stock possibly next month.

The Stingray production moulds are with me, I collected from Bob last weekend. They all look fine and ready to go with the exception of the clear rate Master mould. This is pretty much exhausted and at the end of it's service life but I was planning to change the way it is cast anyway. I want to pour the part around a clear acrylic tube. We are still working on the graphics and I wanted to add a stand in the form of the launch cradle as seen in the show. I would love to add an interior kit as an option too.

Bob's work is smashing, he really knows the subjects inside out. Here are some of the tools, I think it is always very interesting to see a little behind the scenes:

Main Hull Mould, note the registration marks for re-alignment ready to pour another hull:

Assorted moulds for detail parts, note the aqua sprite canopies and plug moulded as well as the main cabin (black former). The rate master is a tool, the finished parts will be clear but retooled to allow a different pouring method:
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
telster
Medical Technician

Thanks for the TB3 update Cap'n - my anticipation meter has just gone up a level.

Fascinating to see the Stingay moulds too! I'm aware of how good Bob Smith's Stingray is - I owned one briefly a couple of years ago. From the look of that mould for the main hull, am I right in thinking that it's going to be a solid piece or do you have some sort of rotational casting facility?

Tel
Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I don't have any rotational casting facilities in my workshop. I do know several people who do this type of work but not chosen anyone as yet.

Both Stingray and TB3 will be a very limited number of kits as a re-issue. I am hoping to produce a few subjects at this sort of size. It's early days and I want to see how we progress before planning any further subjects.

Cap'n

Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
telster
Medical Technician

Great stuff. As you might have guessed, I'm really interested & with them being such a limited run, I don't want to miss anything so where will I look out for an announcement - I'm thinking Kits, parts & Accessories under the Captains Store???

cheers
Tel
Old 06-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
karr1981
Assistant Commander

Hi Tel,

Most product releases will be announced initially in the AMC area as we aim to give AMC members first dibs on our releases as part of the AMC package, this is usually for a 2 week period, at which point if there still stock available the product is announced in the captains store area..

Hope this helps,

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by telster View Post
Great stuff. As you might have guessed, I'm really interested & with them being such a limited run, I don't want to miss anything so where will I look out for an announcement - I'm thinking Kits, parts & Accessories under the Captains Store???

cheers
Tel
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
telster
Medical Technician

Easy as pie ... cheers Chris.

Tel
Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
shado-x
Chef

OUTSTANDING !!! Please advise on updates... I really like to have one.

Best Regards,
shado-x
shado-x is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote