Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 14-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Default Coyle v4.8 Blade Runner Blaster - PKD

This is the Richard Coyle 4.8 version of the Blade Runner Blaster PKD (Plager Katsumate Series-D).

"...Here is the holy grail of science fiction props. For the first time, a completely accurate version of this model has been produced. The Richard A. Coyle 2019 Detective Special Model CS has a functional spring back Metal Trigger and Metal Hammer action.

The four indicator lights located on the left and right sides of the magazine in the proper LED mounts light up, and there is the fifth one in the bottom of the ammo clip as well; the circuit is activated through a pair of small holes on the left side of the magazine housing, just as they were in the real prop.

This was confirmed by the Prop Master on the film.

Note Version 4.8 Version now has LED holders as did the film prop, smaller screws in the butt plate and round head screws holding the Grips, all details learned this year.

This model also has a working bolt with real cocking action and a swing open cylinder with fake bullets that you can remove and replace. The removing of the ammo housing to open the cylinder is again film accurate, the prop maker left the functional cartridge ejector intact so that the prop master could easily reload the weapon on the set. (This was how the real film prop fired, it used blanks with special loads for extra flash)

This is the culmination of over ten months of research, sweat, long distance phone calls, late nights, frustration, countless gun shows, commitment, and most of all, hours and hours of dedication on the part of Richard A. Coyle and Phil Steinschneider.

This model has gone though many updates and revisions as more was learned about the film and more details were found out about this great Film prop. That is why this is called Version Four, it is the forth version of this model with all the latest and all the correct details possible to be known to fan and man.

Needless to say, this is probably one of the most anticipated and loved science fiction models ever produced.

This model is made of polyurethane castings, this is the only material that can capture all the super fine details on the writing and fine detail of the Steyr Receiver and Bulldog pistol so you receiver the MOST accurate model possible. Taken from a mold made by recreating the work done by the prop makers working on the film, where they took a Bulldog 44 and a Steyr SL Rifle and combined them into the unreal prop weapon.

This piece is fully build up and painted with the Working LEDS, Trigger, Hammer action and swing out Cylinder as show in the pictures.

To learn more on this and other Movie and TV props please visit Richard Coyle's website at www.racprops.com ..."

Top banana!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpropmaker

Note: Due to eBay rules, RACProps is not permitted to offer the blaster on eBay for shipping outside the US. Please contact via www.racprops.com for sales enquiries.
Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
the DOCTOR
Computer Technician

The Coyle blaster is a fantastic piece of kit, and almost as good is the all metal Blaster from http://www.sidkit.com/bmetal/brmetal.htm, and here's some pictures of mine:

The metal it's cast from is polishable, and keeps it's shine; it goes together beautifully, and is stripable; the bullets are genuine .44 shells (deactivated), from good ol' Ebay.

The only thing it doesn't do is autorotate the cylinder when cocked, but I'm working on that!

As it's all metal, it weighs a ton, and feels like a 'real' gun (not that I'm a gun fetishist, obviously).

I really must get some etch primer and finish it off!
the DOCTOR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
Eagle
Commander Ret.

The SidKit is a recast of Richard Coyle's work. I built one recently and had a hard time of it.

But check this out...

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...pic.php?t=1549
Old 28-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
the DOCTOR
Computer Technician

Good Grief! Why is it that the best ref always tuns up AFTER you finish a project??

I did have my suspicions with the Sidkit and the Coyle gun; I know Sidero does a lot of buying on Ebay...

I didn't have a single bit of trouble with the kit, it went together like a dream! How for so to say was your blaster a problem?
Old 28-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Eagle
Commander Ret.

It actually built fairly well and i hit the nail on the head with the paint (Vauxhall Diamond Black) but I had problems fitting the top over the barrel, and it all became warped/distorted. Probably more my crappy skills but I couldn't live with it...

Old 28-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
the DOCTOR
Computer Technician

Yeah, see what you mean, I filed off the metal to get a better fit, and soldered the font plate on the Steyer barrel, so as to make it rock solid (I don't trust epoxy on cast metal!). I'm also toying with the replacement of the two moulded in machine screws on eitherside of the barrel with real cap head screws, just to make it even more stripable!

Oh yeah, and thanks to the pics of the prop, I now have to remove the back of the slide arm's slot on the right side; at least the cylinder will move freely now!
Old 28-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

He's remastering it following a visit with the original prop.

http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/wc06-br/index.htm

Apparently it was on display at World Con.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Quote:
...WOW!!! It's like waking up and finding out that someone has absolute proof that aliens have visited the Earth...
http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...pic.php?t=1549

Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
sliuman
Forum Supporter

Just signed up for RAC's new version in metal...gotta start saving now!! Ouch.
sliuman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliuman
Just signed up for RAC's new version in metal
Me too - expensive times ahead!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #11
sliuman
Forum Supporter

Your ebay sales should help ease the pain, I hope. I've got nowt to offload. Sob...
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
Eagle
Commander Ret.

I'm half-tempted to sell this one - but the market has probably collapsed now due to the news...
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 PM   #13
sliuman
Forum Supporter

Maybe not collapsed, but a little shrunken definitely. Over on the RPF, I think he says he's letting the resin ones go for US$350...bargain really...
Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
sliuman
Forum Supporter

Also, I've got the Hartford version...don't think anyone will be looking at that now!!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #15
the DOCTOR
Computer Technician

$350? For what is now known as an inacurate replica? $1000 for a metal cast version of an accurate replica? It's a bit, well, expensive for what it is...

I know that Richard did a lot of work to uncover the make up of the gun, but if he's selling them at that price, and Sid is selling a metal cast version at $100 less than the resin version, I'm more than happy to have that one! Anyway, it means that I'm more able to modify and accurise it!

Anyway, the MIM version is just around the corner:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cata...oducts_id=8549

(Click on the thumbnails for close ups)

It seems to be more plastic than metal, but it is still cheaper than the resin Coyle blaster!

I know Richard has been complaining that he's been ripped off by Sidero; but if he was that protective of his work, he really should go the official route and get a license, that's how PE got started!

Anyway, it was a slow day at work, so I made a carrycase and a stand:

Old 04-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #16
nico
Astrophysics Technician

so nice!!!
nico is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DOCTOR
...he really should go the official route and get a license...
There's not much Blade Runner stuff that's officially licenced if I recall correctly. Is it Ladd or Time Warner that are mega-anal about rights?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Oh, I got this today to go with it...

Old 04-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #19
the DOCTOR
Computer Technician

Nice! I'd quite like a set of those myself, but at the moment I can content myself with a set of the shot glasses:

Got them from a local Antique shop, they didn't know they were featured in a Tech Noir classic...

... and nither did I, til I saw them on the BRmovie.com (http://www.brmovie.com/Collect/BR_Col_Glasses.htm) website! I mainly got them because of the bizzare dispenser they came with:

Also just found this:

http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-deckard-trench.php

a (relatively) affordable Deckard trenchcoat!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #20
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DOCTOR
Git!

I've been after those for donkey's years...