Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Launch Crater

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 13-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #401
barnstormer3000
Waste Technician

I also have a long-outstanding order for a motorized kit, and would love to hear any tangible status on it.
barnstormer3000 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #402
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Hi Guys,

I am back and back to work to finish these last outstanding kits, many apologies for the absence difficult health circumstances kept me away. I will be updating again here shortly as I complete models due.

The motorised models were actually trickier than i thought but with the extra time I have redesigned the switch system to make it wireless via a button remote. This means the model can be turned on and off without touching it, this is much better to help avoid accidental damage. Lastly I want to try the hacked servo to provide the motor, they have a better gear box then the cheaper Chinese units I was using. Next post will be tomorrow, see you then.

Bernie.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #403
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Bernie who?
...must be a new guy!
Glad you're feeling better Mate!
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #404
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Ok, so I'll dive straight into this as there is much to be done, a ton of ideas to discuss and some new things to look at.

First i want to discuss servo hacking. A servo is a small motor and gearbox used by radio control enthusiasts in model cars, planes and other vehicles to control various moving parts like steering or aircraft control surfaces. These are powerful for their size and with a little modification can be put to good use as a neat power plant to drive for example a radar dish, add a resistor and you can set the revoulution speed perfectly. There are also a few mechanical modifications to be made to allow continuous rotation. Let you tube be your friend and you'll find excellent videos on how this is done or follow this link as Forrest Trenaman has a good version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G1nHfvl4aI

This type of servo is also available off the shelf now too in case you don't feel confident enough to open one yourself, one drawback is they cost at least twice the price of standard ones. I have a limited number so if you get stuck drop me a PM.

Currently I am working on making the new version motor mount for the servo and will add pictures soon.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #405
barnstormer3000
Waste Technician

Is there any kind of status on the motorized kits? I have a long-outstanding order that I've never heard anything more about.
barnstormer3000 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, cad, century 21, domes, flying rig, gerry anderson's ufo, harlington straeker, laser cut, moonbase interceptor, motorised, replica, scratch built, studio scale model kit, ufo, vacuum formed