Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
WOLFSPACE
Forum Supporter

Default Space 2099 Moonbase Alpha's Legacy

Attention Space 2099 fans! Moonbase Alpha's Legacy is finally here!
I have been telling people that a new update website was coming for months. Now, here it is.The second phase of Space 2099 called Moonbase Alpha's Legacy. The story of the original Alphans and their new generation, 40 years after the moon was ripped from the Earths moon. Come and visit the website www.space2099.com , you may have more questions than answers after visiting the site, as we do not want to reveal to much and keep the best for last, answering all your questions, and the mysteries that surrounded the moon voyages. I am also happy to announce that Juliet Landau as agreed to the use of her photo on the website as one of the main new character of Legacy. She has seen the website and has been informed and supportive of our Legacy project. Making us wish even more that a Legacy television movie could be produced. Also, take a look at our illustration page, where you can see some of David Kerin's work illustrating Legacy. This website is made in Flash, so you can't view it on Ipad and Iphone, but no worry as a new HTML5 format will be coming later this year. You can also follow us on Facebook and twitter for the latest news.

Best regards,

Eric Bernard
WOLFSPACE is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Wow. I am really liking what I see thus far. Thanks for keeping the project going.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Excellent project, I am looking forward to both Space:2099 and Legacy.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

The Space Opera Society is proud to announce further details on the proposed MOONBASE ALPHA: LEGACY series here: www.spaceoperasociety.com including new images and a series proposal letter from Christopher Penfold!

In addition, all 1999 model fans will want to check out the $14000 contribution level here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506
CalgaryAlphan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

Seems to have great enthusiasm all round. Nice to see 2 video features with Martin Bower and his history... What do we all think of the S:99 'the Vulture' !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official website:

Last edited by DARKVIEW; 26-09-2013 at 09:21 AM.
DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Howard
Deputy Commander

Interesting.
Not sure about the lack of headroom in the cockpit window area.
Those engines may impact on the tailplane area?
It's a very busy design regarding greeblies, but I do like it.
Superbly finished by Martin, obviously.
Howard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAlphan View Post
The Space Opera Society is proud to announce further details on the proposed MOONBASE ALPHA: LEGACY series here: www.spaceoperasociety.com including new images and a series proposal letter from Christopher Penfold!

In addition, all 1999 model fans will want to check out the $14000 contribution level here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506

That link isn't responding for me - can anyone tell me what it says?
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Fallingstar - try this link:

www.spaceoperasociety.com

From this site you can link easily to our fundraising campaign on Indiegogo.
Old 28-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
tastic1
Geological Technician

Default S99 the Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKVIEW View Post
Seems to have great enthusiasm all round. Nice to see 2 video features with Martin Bower and his history... What do we all think of the S:99 'the Vulture' !!
'Vulture', terrible name....
tastic1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Howard
Deputy Commander

Quote:

This link gives me the following from McAfee Site Advisor:

Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?
http://www.spaceoperasociety.com/ may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

Howard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 28-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Howard - I have no idea why McAfee has an issue with our site - there is no problem with it, I can guarantee you!

tastic1 - There's a story behind the Vulture name, which is in the script for the pilot episode of "Moonbase Alpha: Legacy".
Old 29-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:

Thanks but it's still not responding for me at the moment.

Anyway - is this the same team that were going to revamp the original series?
Old 29-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Yes, Eric Bernard is the key figure behind the revamping of the original series into Space: 2099, as well as being the key figure behind the Space Opera Society.

I have no idea why you're encountering problems with the website. You could try going directly to our Indiegogo campaign page here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506

or our YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/spaceoperasociety

Best,
Robert
Old 30-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Yes, Eric Bernard is the key figure behind the revamping of the original series into Space: 2099, as well as being the key figure behind the Space Opera Society.

I have no idea why you're encountering problems with the website. You could try going directly to our Indiegogo campaign page here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506

or our YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/spaceoperasociety

Best,
Robert

I don't know if it's my pc or not but none of those pages is responding for me. Oh well I'll keep trying anyway.

On another point - are they still revamping the original series with new effects etc?
Old 30-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Fallingstar - if you can't access YouTube, Indiegogo, or our SOS website, then it's definitely a problem with your computer.

A lot of work was done revamping the original series, but at this point I believe the future of that project will rest with ITV allowing it to proceed in an official capacity. We are very hopeful that ITV will be excited about our proposal for the "Moonbase Alpha: Legacy" sequel series. If they give us the go-ahead for MBA:L then they might also see the commercial tie-in value of the revamped original as well.

But of course we do need people to support us on our fundraiser:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506

and to watch and click that they "Like" our videos on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceOperaSociety

(One of those videos is "The Future Past Enhanced", with a bunch of the remastered 1999 footage)

And to "Like" us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SpaceOperaSociety

There is more material about to be released quite soon regarding Moonbase Alpha: Legacy on our SOS website ( www.spaceoperasociety.com ), so stay tuned... (and get your PC working so that it can access the interwebs! ;-)

Robert

Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Fallingstar - if you can't access YouTube, Indiegogo, or our SOS website, then it's definitely a problem with your computer.

A lot of work was done revamping the original series, but at this point I believe the future of that project will rest with ITV allowing it to proceed in an official capacity. We are very hopeful that ITV will be excited about our proposal for the "Moonbase Alpha: Legacy" sequel series. If they give us the go-ahead for MBA:L then they might also see the commercial tie-in value of the revamped original as well.

But of course we do need people to support us on our fundraiser:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sp...t-up/x/4098506

and to watch and click that they "Like" our videos on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceOperaSociety

(One of those videos is "The Future Past Enhanced", with a bunch of the remastered 1999 footage)

And to "Like" us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SpaceOperaSociety

There is more material about to be released quite soon regarding Moonbase Alpha: Legacy on our SOS website ( www.spaceoperasociety.com ), so stay tuned... (and get your PC working so that it can access the interwebs! ;-)

Robert

I can access Youtube no problem but I'll keep trying with the others. I want to see the revamped series and Legacy but I wouldn't hold out much hope of ITV commisioning them.

Isn't there another studion supposed to be making a modern version also called Space 2099?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

ITV had optioned the rights to Jace Hall, and his company HD Films... Latest word we've heard is that he's no longer president of that company, and that he's lost the rights to remake Space: 1999... So fingers crossed that when ITV hears our proposal they will be excited about it and give us a chance. We've already done a LOT more than Jace Hall did in the (approximately) 2 years that he had the rights.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #18
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
ITV had optioned the rights to Jace Hall, and his company HD Films... Latest word we've heard is that he's no longer president of that company, and that he's lost the rights to remake Space: 1999... So fingers crossed that when ITV hears our proposal they will be excited about it and give us a chance. We've already done a LOT more than Jace Hall did in the (approximately) 2 years that he had the rights.

So that's why we've heard nothing since. Unlike UFO that might have actually turned out ok so it's a bit of a shame.

My ideal thing would be to see the revamped original, Legacy sequel and for an all new series.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
gwent
Computer Technician

Quote:
Is that why the Space:2099 site seems to be down now? I went to log in today and the site seems to be gone - it won't load for me.
gwent is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #20
hwels
Communications Officer

Don't think so, I get a 'No space left on device'-message when I try to visit the site.
hwels is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote