Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Default Blake's 7 - The Liberator Chronicles

Don't know if anyone knows about these but three audio books have been released in a box set - AmazonAmazon - by Big Finish productions, featuring Gareth Thomas, Paul Darrow and Michael Keating reprising their original roles in three new stories set around the time of season 1/2. They are mostly narrated with at most two characters in each, not like a full play like The Sevenfold Crown or The Syndeton Experiment, but i think story wise they were much better!

There is also a second box set on the way according to Amazon, but it has no details.
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

The sevenfold crown has a few out of character moments, I'm afraid...I still enjoyed it though.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
aggiev
Geological Technician

I've got the Liberator Chronicles..far better than Barry Letts efforts but not as good as the 90s fan versions
aggiev is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Sparko72
Alphan

Yes, got the Chronicles. They're very good and certainly evokes the feel of the TV series. I felt like I was listening to genuine B7 stories. Definately worth getting if you're a fan.
Sparko72 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiev View Post
I've got the Liberator Chronicles..far better than Barry Letts efforts but not as good as the 90s fan versions
Indeed - I though the "Mark Of Kane" was absolutely excellent, loved the characters and the weaving of the story arc. Enjoyed "Logic Of Empire" too, but though the ending was a little odd, or maybe i just didnt get it.

I uploaded those two to Youtube a while back for fans to discover and listen to. I have got "Travis, The Final Act" too, but its a faulty mp3 from a torrent - sounds speeded up - dont suppose anyone could upload that one for me if they've got it?
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
aggiev
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzac View Post
Indeed - I though the "Mark Of Kane" was absolutely excellent, loved the characters and the weaving of the story arc. Enjoyed "Logic Of Empire" too, but though the ending was a little odd, or maybe i just didnt get it.

I uploaded those two to Youtube a while back for fans to discover and listen to. I have got "Travis, The Final Act" too, but its a faulty mp3 from a torrent - sounds speeded up - dont suppose anyone could upload that one for me if they've got it?
I didn't understand the ending of Logic either
Old 27-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
aggiev
Geological Technician

the cover of the Australian fan sequel Blakes Legacy first episode audio: PRISON

The prison space station KX42, located in the Demtar Saphhi system, is one of the toughest places a criminal against the Federation can go. With only limited space to house prisoners, and an ever-constant stream of new inmates arriving every month, it means the average life expectancy of prisoners is very low indeed. However, not all people who are sent to KX42 are criminals against the Federation. Some people are innocent - some people have been mistaken for criminals, and sent here as punishment for a crime that they did not commit. For these people, life for them at KX42 is something worse than they could possibly imagine.

So, if an opportunity to escape presented itself, and you considered yourself innocent, wouldn't you grab it with all you had? And once free, what would you do? Would you simply run away, or would you decide to strike back at the Federation which had so wrongfully imprisoned you?

Set 30 years after the events of the final TV episode of Blakes 7, Prison is the first chapter in a brand new audio serial continuing Terry Nation's science-fiction classic.
Old 27-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
aggiev
Geological Technician

Episode 2: KERONA

SPOILER WARNING!!

Having successfully escaped from KX42, the crew of the commandeered Federation Prison Transport vessel 024 were hopeful that they would now be free people - free to sort out a future for their lives away from the prying eyes of Federation guards.

However, what they did not count on was their new vessel needing to make immediate planetfall because of severe damage suffered during the scuffle on KX42. With a crippled ship around them Style, Asmiov, and Jorma soon realise that they might be stuck on their new home for some time.

Before too long, though, the trio make the acquaintance of one Teena Macer - a suspicious dealer from a nearby trading colony. She offers to supply them with the parts needed to repair the ship - but do certain offers of help come with too high a price for some?

Set 30 years after the events of the final TV episode of "Blakes 7", 'Kerona' is the second chapter in a brand new audio serial continuing Terry Nation's science-fiction classic.
Old 27-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
aggiev
Geological Technician

"Some legends must be fought..."
- Tiv Brunhauer: 17th Year, 3rd Calendar

It has been some thirty to thirty-five years since the great rebel Roj Blake was reported dead on Gauda Prime, alongside his former band of rebel mercenaries. In that time, the once all-powerful Federation has made a slow but steady return to power over many of its former dominions. However, it has been a more fiercely militaristic rule than previously, Martial Law and scare tactics being used in many colonised systems to return control to that single unit which originally expanded the human race outward through space. Further, with the Administration scattered during the Galactic War with the Andromedans, and a subsequent attempt to reassert its authority toppled internally, the ever-growing military wing of the Federation, once under Supreme Commander and self-appointed President Servalan, took its hold over the systems with ease, later securing that hold through such artificial means as the adrenal suppressant Pylene-50.

Yet despite the fierce stronghold maintained by what many have come to know figuratively as the "Reign of the Emperors" - after the line of Caesars who broke away from the Republic of Roman antiquity - has been as equally fiercely opposed by relatively minor rebel groups, aware of the almost literal slumber the dominions have fallen into. One in particular, known colloquially as "Blake's Brigands", is especially prominent. It follows a self-proclaimed mandate of meeting and maintaining the now-legendary Blake's tradition of blind radicalism as free-form terrorism. However, there are those who say they recall the days of Blake with clarity and precision, and that his radical manoeuvres were never so blind to the innocence which has become so enmeshed with the evil of the Federation: that he never saw things in so black and white a fashion. The young supporters of these voices are increasing in number, and the belief that Blake's legacy has been betrayed grows with them...

There are also those, a subset of these believers in betrayal and restoration, who are convinced that, in the years between the Galactic War and his death on Gauda Prime, Blake was laying preparations for so cunning an ambitious a strike against the Federation that it could not possibly fail: preparations which remain incomplete but intact to this day...
Old 27-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
aggiev
Geological Technician

Old 27-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
aggiev
Geological Technician

Old 27-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
aggiev
Geological Technician

Old 27-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
aggiev
Geological Technician

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 27-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
Sparko72
Alphan

Anyone have any idea why the sound effects have been re-done for the Chronicles? Zen's on/off, the teleport etc. are all new. Think I would have preferred to hear the originals if possible.
Old 27-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko72 View Post
Anyone have any idea why the sound effects have been re-done for the Chronicles? Zen's on/off, the teleport etc. are all new. Think I would have preferred to hear the originals if possible.
Possibly to avoid BBC copyright on the originals?
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
Sparko72
Alphan

Yeah, very probably copyright issues. Although they got clearance for using Dudley Simpson's theme. It's a pity it couldn't have extended to the BBC Radiophonic sound effects too.

Now I'm really looking forward to the full cast audio drama which tells the story of events after 'Star One' - 'Warship'. Not released until next year but will be great to hear all the original cast back again.
Old 28-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
aggiev
Geological Technician

[quote=Sparko72;344220
Now I'm really looking forward to the full cast audio drama which tells the story of events after 'Star One' - 'Warship'. Not released until next year but will be great to hear all the original cast back again.[/QUOTE]
oooohhhh nice
Old 28-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
aggiev
Geological Technician

Incidentally I have the first 4 episodes of Blakes Legacy. I believe they only released 4 and the last 2 were never made available. Does anybody know?