Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Cap'n on Deck

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 20-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Cap'n returns to duty

Hi Guys,

After a prolonged rest to recuperate my eyesight I am pleased to report I am getting back to work. For those that don't know I had been diagnosed with diabetes recently after being unwell with failing eyesight. Diabetes can have far reaching and profound side effects but the worse is a change to the liquid of the eye, basically it is thickened by elevated blood sugar levels changing the optical characteristics and throwing out the eye's ability to focus correctly. How do i know this? It happened to me making it impossible to do any meaningful work, watch TV or even use my computer for any length of time. Coupled with fatigue from excessive blood sugar levels was a debilitating experience that I hope none of you are forced to live through.

I have spent time trying to catch up with my emails (thousands of them..!) reading all the forum posts and replying to PM's as fast as I can. Please forgive me if I haven't written to you yet, I will as time allows.

So many new members have joined the forum that I will send out a broadcast "Welcome" and hope you are all enjoying the many threads both old and new stuffed full of interesting builds. I will be adding more work myself as I restart stalled projects, the 44" Eagle Leg Pod kits, 2001: Space Station V and revisited/rebooted design for the UltraProbe I had been playing with. Some of you will have seen the metal engine bells we now stock in the forum store with more parts being added soon like the RU / PE 22/23" Eagle Mains, VTOLS and other parts as well as the 44" Eagle1 & 2 Main boosters.

Wonderfest has just staged this weekend and I have seen excellent build images with Lee Malone from Rogue Studios showing his new 44" Eagle Kit, check out the Rogue Studios Facebook pages for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/RogueStudioProductions?fref=ts

I really must try to make one of the events and gaze at all the amazing exhibits personally.

I am very happy to be back.

Bernie.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
age9000
Astrophysics Technician

welcome back Bernie

don't try do too much at once, still need to take it easy

age9000 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

And to think we thought Mrs Bernie had bumped you off for the insrance money!!
Welcome home!
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I couldn't do any of this without her but you are making me think if the reverse is true?
Old 23-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
jeb1138
Astrophysics Technician

Welcome back cap'n glad to see your doing good, i just found Rogue Studios Facebook last week and was very impressed with the eagle build featured on it although i think the X wing is pretty sweet too. Again glad you are doing better Bernie and age9000 is right about not doing too much too soon so take it easy at first.
jeb1138 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 24-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I am really glad to be back and getting back to a normal routine, the thing that caused me the most stress in all this was the frustration of being unable to use the computer to visit the forum, it is my favourite place and I love hanging out with everyone here.

Thanks for the support guys, I am being sensible taking breaks and getting to bed early. I have now lost just over 2 stone in weight so the revised diet seems to be working and I have more energy. I can now live with and manage all the symptoms of the diabetes rather than the other way around.

I am slowly working my way through all the emails I have left to read with my priority fixed on making deliveries to customers. I am working hard to resolve orders especially for the UFO models and have begun shipping. I know you will love this kit, there is a heart and soul effort gone into making it and I really appreciate everyones understanding, thank guys.
Old 29-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
Rogue Studio
Hydroponics Technician

Hey folks thank you for all of the positive feedback and support. I have spent the better part of 12 hours a day for the past two months to get this model to light and I couldn't have done without a lot support. I will be posting parts and price list soon. I will attempt to carry inventory so when you order your parts they ship. If I do not have them on hand the turn around is about 2-3weeks at this point. Again thank you so much I look forward to helping out all I can.

Lee
Rogue Studio is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
JayCub
Weapons Technician

Hi Bernie good to see your taking diabetes by the scruff of the neck and dealing with the symptoms, just letting you know your not alone and things do get easier.
always a pleasure to read your posts.

Tom
JayCub is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
nivektunk
Geological Technician

Welcome back Bernie. Good to have you back.
Cheers,
Kevin
nivektunk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

Hey Bernie, good to have you back!!

Hope to see you soon!!

Phil
Exterminator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote