Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Closed Thread Bookmark and Share

Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
mark harve
Alphan

Default Original Eagle items

Hello to you all.
My name is Mark and I am a Space 1999 fan from days of old. As a youngster (about 8 or 9) I used to pass a house near to me that had a model of an eagle transporter in the window which was approximately 2.5 feet long. After plucking up the courage to knock on the door I discovered that the eagle was made from cardboard (it was so good I would never have guessed). Also the person that made it was a modelmaker and worked at space models in Feltham. Despite our age gap he could tell that I was keen so put up with my occasional visits. He showed me drawings of a ship for an upcoming film called Star Wars and also models of the X-Wing and Darth Vader TIE fighter that he had built from scratch. I was not interested in that, mainly being amazed with his eagle. He had in his posession a beak from a 44 inch eagle as well as the original wooden mould for the 22 inch eagle. Several years later I was able to purchase these from him and still have them in my posession. I would like to post pictures of them on here if anybody is interested. Due to my interest, i also decided to become an architectural modelmaker (making milennium falcons in all sizes). Please let me know if you are interested in viewing these original space models items.
Kindest regards,
Mark.....
mark harve is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
TVC21
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark harve View Post
Hello to you all.
My name is Mark and I am a Space 1999 fan from days of old. As a youngster (about 8 or 9) I used to pass a house near to me that had a model of an eagle transporter in the window which was approximately 2.5 feet long. After plucking up the courage to knock on the door I discovered that the eagle was made from cardboard (it was so good I would never have guessed). Also the person that made it was a modelmaker and worked at space models in Feltham. Despite our age gap he could tell that I was keen so put up with my occasional visits. He showed me drawings of a ship for an upcoming film called Star Wars and also models of the X-Wing and Darth Vader TIE fighter that he had built from scratch. I was not interested in that, mainly being amazed with his eagle. He had in his posession a beak from a 44 inch eagle as well as the original wooden mould for the 22 inch eagle. Several years later I was able to purchase these from him and still have them in my posession. I would like to post pictures of them on here if anybody is interested. Due to my interest, i also decided to become an architectural modelmaker (making milennium falcons in all sizes). Please let me know if you are interested in viewing these original space models items.
Kindest regards,
Mark.....
Hi Mark, the original items will be fascinating to see. I`m sure many will be falling over themselves to lend the 22" mould....
TVC21 is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
paul gray
Forum Supporter

there will be plenty of people at the thought of seeing these.we look forward to seeing the pictures
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
B.P. Taylor
Computer Technician

Are you kidding? You're asking us if we're interested in seeing these???
Please, please...
BP
B.P. Taylor is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
minivega
Waste Technician

I'd like to see these for sure, sounds amazing.
minivega is off duty   Bookmark and Share

Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Eagle-2
Chief Eagle Pilot

I imagine everyone here would like to see them. And welcome to the forum!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Welcome Mark!

love to see the originals!, as well as anything you've built also!!
jeff
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
Nige194
Life Support Technician

I'd like to see them and any of the Falcon's that you've built.
Nige194 is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
Howard
Deputy Commander

Yes, please, post pics!
Howard is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
mark harve
Alphan

Thank you so much for your kind responses to my first message. It was very pleasing to read all of your comments. Unfortunately I am no longer a professional modelmaker (the pay was not great and it wold not support a family). I have however kept my hand in so to speak and do the occasional scratch build. The last model I made was of the USS Enterprise A which is 4 feet in length. It has working lights and the company I work for allowed me to take it in on Sundays to paint it. I would like to make a 3 feet long falcon in the future. Back to the Eagle parts, the person I bought it from was trying to use the large beak to recreate a new model around it. Unfortunately it only got as far as some of the frame and front suspension pods. The 22 inch beak mould still has some 1970s newspaper attached to the bottom of it. He also let me have some original Alpha Moonbase sticker/transfers but I have a feeling they have been lost. I took a massive swing from Space 1999 to Star Wars, but as I have gotten older (physically) I have a great passion for the programmes I grew up with mainly 1999 (first season) and also other programmes from the 1960s. As soon as I figure out how to get the photos on here I will do so. They are in no way as interesting as some of the beautiful models shown on this site which have obviously taken many hundreds of hours to construct by very gifted people, but are of some nostalgic value none the less.
All the best,
Kindest regards.
Mark....

Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
MADsen
Eagle Pilot

Thumbs up Original Eagle items

Hi Mark...

That sounds great....

So are you gonna show some photos of the items you have mentioned in your previuos posts ??

Im looking forward too see them as the rest of us...

Eagle Pilot

MADsen
MADsen is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
mark harve
Alphan

Hi I would like to know how to post the photos I have taken. It is not clear how to do it and I am not good with computers.
Mark...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
healvis
Communications Officer

Or go to http://tinypic.com/ click the browse button and select what you want to upload, click the upload button, Answer the question.
select the link that says IMG code for forums and message boards, copy and paste the link in this reply box.
Job done.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
mark harve
Alphan

Still seems too complicated for me. Can I email the pics to somebody then get them put on here that way. As I said before my computer knowledge and how to use them is extremely limited.
Sorry ,
Mark...
Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
jeb1138
Astrophysics Technician

Hello Mark very interesting story you have. I would be happy to help you put up photos too. just send them to this e-mail jebtexas62@yahoo.com and i will make sure they are shared here for all of us eagle fans to see.
jeb1138 is off duty   Bookmark and Share

Old 05-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
doctorwhoprops
Computer Technician

Here are the images from Mark

Last edited by doctorwhoprops; 05-05-2013 at 06:51 AM.
doctorwhoprops is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #17
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Truly museum pieces!
Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
jeb1138
Astrophysics Technician

Wow their fantastic, great photos too! Thanks doctorwhoprops for getting them up, truly historic pieces to be sure and thank you Mark for sharing these amazing works of art with us!
jeb1138 is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 05-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
B.P. Taylor
Computer Technician

Really nice shots Mark! It's amazing that these were previously unknown pieces. Is it possible to ascertain what type of wood was used to make the pattern for the 22" scale beak? It almost looks like it could be mahogany but perhaps it's either jelutong or limewood. I think those are the types of woods that Martin Bower used on various models for the show and has mentioned in various articles and on his website, so maybe it's one of those--plus a fair amount of filler, of course.
BP
B.P. Taylor is off duty   Bookmark and Share
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
healvis
Communications Officer

Is it me or are those sensor dishes the blades from a Harrier?
I would love to see the Alpha decals if you can Mark.
John.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share

Closed Thread