Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 15-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Red face New sections now open

Hi Guys,

Put the kettle on, this may take a little time....

In my promise to better communicate with everyone I have decided to up the number of review posts to bi-weekly for a few months so you can see what we are doing and follow along fully informed.

Exciting things are happening:

First I have to thank all my friends who have donated to my depleted funds over the last couple of weeks, you guys are amazing, both sides of the pond and from down under. Saying you all helped me out is just such an understatement - thank you, thank you.

The New Reference Section
Secondly, Has to be the Eagle Forum - The Next Generation ( I was going to call this Season 2, then thought better of it...LOL ) When you logged in did you notice the new Gerry Anderson Reference Section? This area will be stuffed full of Builders information, CAD drawings, photo's and other useful reference, debates about the original miniatures from all of Gerry's shows and the best items available to buy voted and critiqued by the people who own some of them.

Advance Guest and be recognised....
Only those people who have a registered account will be able to see any of this. So please take a moment to create an account - it's free.

Almost everything will be available free however all blueprint and CAD information will only be accessible if you are an AMC member. Supporting the forum with this membership is vital to ensure further development and continuing the database and library of information and at just 10.00 a year is good value as the CAD files and other information areas grow. If you are an AMC member currently all this is available to you now as a thank you for your board support. There is still a huge amount of material to sort and allocate to these areas and we are still populating them, it will be quite a long job before everything has found it's new home, but the framework is there and a huge step forward I think.

All research and development as far as identifying kit parts, paint colours, markings etc would be recorded in one place and apply to every model. Also as I have followed in the Helijet threads for example, it has become apparent that co-operative builds like these are very powerful in evolving what we know about the studio models. Keeping it all in one place means anyone, one year or five years from now, could pick this up and make one if they desired.

At one time or another we will cover every Anderson Model so I have expanded the sections to cover as many of them as I thought we had information for. I can add sections as needed though, so if a miniature is missing I can add it in.

This new section is for reference only and is closed to new postings. If you would like to add something specific please start a new thread and open the debate as this is the best way to compile knowledge as we have done successfully over the last 6 years. The idea behind this reference section has been to organise all the gems of information so you could find it more easily and it makes sense.

The UFO Kit demise and resurrection
Thirdly, I have had several meetings and discussions with the amazing kit maker Bill Oram (Uncle Bill). We are talking seriously about him taking over and producing my UFO model as a kit under his label. I am confident he will make the quality as anyone who has bought one of his kits will tell you. He has my masters and is looking at production as I write this. By the way Bill has just released another Lunar Tank Kit, I was lucky enough to see a built one recently, it is perfect.

Contact Bill via PM if you want more info.

Lastly, Just to answer one or two queries that have arisen, The reference area will not replace the areas we have currently, places like The Launch Pad and Dragons Domain will still be there and the primary point of interest to post material. Eventually this material may be chosen to fill in knowledge within the database reference section. You will be immortalised forever with your name and avatar against this information. It is not just a kit spotters haven either, The best builds will feature here as "how to" information for everyone is just as important. It's brilliant if you know that Fireball XL5 was silver but this will be useless unless painting a kit or scratch building a model for yourself (How to make the cockpit canopy or custom decals or find a blueprint to start with) it should all be here.

I am trying to fulfil two basic needs, one to provide information, inspiration and a historic record of the achievements of the AP Films/Century 21 talented crew from our favourite shows and secondly to promote, inspire our model makers in our favourite Anderson subjects and entertain everyone by providing a first class discussion forum.

Like any really good project it will take a detailed plan, some skill & guidance from my fellows, a good deal of patience & teamwork and lastly a great effort to fulfil what I believe is a very worthy cause.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
NeoGoglu
Eagle Pilot

Hi Bernie, does uncle Bill has a website ?

Andre
NeoGoglu is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Captain Sci-Fi, looks like the reorganization gives us ETF members a much better detailed forum.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Uncle Bill Kits....

Hi Andre,

Not that I know of, I want him to settle in here and call this site home if possible

I will be running features on all his stuff when he provides me his catalogue. I am more than interested in his Eagle Spine system it is very clever. The quality of his casting is most impressive, his latest kit is just breathtaking, see the attached pictures.
Photos are copyright Simmo 2010

Cap'n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 029.JPG (236.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1010238.JPG (694.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg P1010236.JPG (715.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 15-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
sliuman
Forum Supporter

This site is always evolving and that can only be a good thing. I look forward to the new sections as they fill up. You're doing a bang-up job, Cap'n.

I spotted Uncle Bill's latest on Comet last night. Looks real nice.

Oh, are many of the new sections not actually visible yet? I seem to be an AMC but the pages say I'm not when I click the links?

Last edited by sliuman; 15-06-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: question added
sliuman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 15-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliuman View Post

Oh, are many of the new sections not actually visible yet? I seem to be an AMC but the pages say I'm not when I click the links?
I seem to be labeled as "undesirable" as well! Got this message:

Interceptor6, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You have not yet upgraded to 'AMC Membership'. Please see 'Commander's Office' for details of how to upgrade
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlamer View Post
Although my AMC is paid up....I can't seem to access the photos or post at:
AMC Member Area - Working Drawings....
Yeah, afraid I have the same situation although I'm also an AMC Member
Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #8
nivektunk
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle12 View Post
Yeah, afraid I have the same situation although I'm also an AMC Member
Another big ditto right here.
Cheers, Kevin
nivektunk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Red face AMC access....

Dear AMC members,

We have a small technical glitch which is being looked at urgently (today hopefully), sorry for the problem.

While we are waiting I am including a picture of the test card girlie - enjoy

Cap'n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karen.jpg (304.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 16-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
Communications Officer

Phone number?...
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 16-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
Guest01
Alphan

29390 er sorry forgot thr rest sorry nigel lol
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
NeoGoglu
Eagle Pilot

Hi Cap'n

PM sent concerning my AMC membership.
NeoGoglu is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Guest01
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
Dear AMC members,

We have a small technical glitch which is being looked at urgently (today hopefully), sorry for the problem.

While we are waiting I am including a picture of the test card girlie - enjoy

Cap'n
mmmmm karen mmmm
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
w8cmp
Science Officer

Hmmm - I agree !
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Update....

Hi Guys,

Chris Dye has just emailed me and thinks this is now fixed. Please try again and let me know. Thank you.

These people are happy that it is fixed

Cap'n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matt-smith-karen-gillan-amy-pond.jpg (168.0 KB, 14 views)

Old 16-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
stingray48442
Exile

no i still cant get in as a paid member
stingray48442 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
moonbuggy
Forum Supporter

No!

Helge
moonbuggy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
karr1981
Assistant Commander

grr, im looking into this again now.

Sorry all

Chris
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
karr1981
Assistant Commander

ok please try again, is it just the space 1999 AMC member area, or all of them?

Cheers,

Chris
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Hi Chris, Bernie's UFO prints don't access either.
Jeff
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote