Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Battlestar Galactica

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
headcase
Astrophysics Technician

Default Moebius Centurion

Here's a couple of shots of my Moebius Cylon Centurion from the "re-imagined" BSG. It's 1/6 scale so it's pretty large and a lot of fun to build. I bought the Tenacontrols lighting kit for it and so far have managed to nearly destory it in the process of assembling it. Ugh! I am a complete & total dunce when it comes to electronics! I gorked up the fiber optics for the arm guns so bad that I gave up on that. Then I ham handed the LED stuff so bad that only 2 of the 4 work. Luckily for me the guys at Tenacontrols are very user friendly and they mailed me a set of replacement LEDs, and a friend of mine who actually has some skill at this has agreed torebuild the thing for me. When that's done it will have the red eye light that goes back and forth horinzontally, so that'll be pretty cool!
Anyway, here it is with the basic paint job. It's not done yet - I'm going to spray some darker coloring over the joins between the outer body segments, and enhance the lines a bit and weather the hell out of it. I bought the skull for the base on EBay.

headcase is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
thundergod
Astrophysics Technician

This is the first "proper" pics I've seen of the Centurion and I must say it's better than I anticipated ! ( It helps that you're doing such a good job on it Headcase ! ) I'm assuming it's regular styrene ? What colour is it moulded in and what did you use to get that ( excellent) finish ?
thundergod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
headcase
Astrophysics Technician

Thanks! It looks pretty awesome! It's a very well engineered kit. It's molded in a light gray/tan color. The finish is no big deal - it's plain old Testors Model Master enamels. It's silver overall, and a mix of silver & gun metal on the dark areas. IMO the finish looks so good because I have a good airbrush.
I debated whether to go with Alclad chrome on it, but I think the silver looks better considering that this was a combat machine and wasn't meant to look like it just rolled off the assembly line. After it's weathered that'll be much more apparent. I REALLY like weathering stuff - to me, it adds character and realism. Here's my Cylon Raider on CultTVMan's site.
I'm waiting on getting the lighting kit fixed, then I'll finish it up, as described previously. I'll probably give it a coat of Future floor polish after it's done to give the finish some depth.
I'll for sure post some more pics once he's done.

Last edited by headcase; 01-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
JayCub
Weapons Technician

looks awesome, a centurion with a real attitude going on, colours look superb, gives that menacing look........
JayCub is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
headcase
Astrophysics Technician

Thanks, JC! It's been a lot of fun to build. FYI I just saw Ironman 3, and now I wanna build my model of him. I have a lighting kit for it that I can screw up, too!