Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 22-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

Default Tap, Tap. Anyone There?

Good Afternoon Gents,

I would firstly like to start off that I have been a long time supporter/member of this forum since it's inception. Before that I was a part of the mailing lists. I have always been and will continue to be a huge Space:1999 fan as during it's run it allowed me to escape to far off places and new adventures every week. That being said, the ETF of late has caused my passion to wane a little. I per-ordered and PAID for the Main Mission Studio Scale Kit in July of 2011. I understood fully that the kit was at the time being devised and the patterns worked out. There seemed to be great enthusiasm for making this a reality and at the time it seemed to be shortly forthcoming. It is now late August 2013. 2 years later. Over the past 2 years I have send several PM's to Bernie and Karr asking for an update or a REFUND. June 30/12, Feb 24/13, and April 12/13. I have also posted inquiries for updates here:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...d.php?t=136375

To date I have only received 1 reply. From Bernie himself on July 1, 2012 stating that the kit would be resuming shortly. I understand the garage kit world and I feel I have been more than patient in waiting. The lack of respect for a timely response is what hurts the most. You seem to have time to check in on other threads and reply when there is a business opportunity but ignore requests to complete other transactions. Read Ultra Probe Kit, UFO kit. There are still outstanding questions and inquiries as to the final pieces there. This is not the correct way to manage and run a forum. I am also a paying customer and once again a reply with a finish date would have sufficed. You have been ill of late. I get it. I am even sympathetic as I am WELL AWARE of the disease as a large part of my family suffers from it. It is not as debilitating as it is often made out to be. At this point though I no longer desire the kit as all of the fun has been exhausted from it. It is my hope that you read this message and take something away from apart from the obvious banning I will receive. Keep the 69 bucks. The lack of a refund when it was requested has shown that you need it way more than I do.

Regards,

Evan

Last edited by Alpha149; 22-08-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Alpha149 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Hi Chaps,

It has been a tough time personally but it seems pointless to go into all that now. I am still struggling hard to catch up with an enormous backlog of work. I have been processing back orders as fast as possible and with a few exceptions I am getting there.

I did tell you at the time Evan how busy I was and that the kit was still in development, I told you not to pay but you did anyway. I couldn't have done anything different to be honest, I had to take a break and rest to recuperate.

For the last couple of months I have been maintaining a steady recovery and been working almost everyday. The Alpha kit was a lower priority than the other kits as they were released already so I had to work those orders first.

I can only apologise to you, the Main mission kit is still going to be released but not until I have filled every other back order. I hope to be completely up to date by October. I know this is a cliche but it is also very true, hindsight is a 20/20 view.

Chris has moved jobs twice, once to Germany and now he is based in Paris, although he is still supporting me with forum duties he can't be here and things did take a turn for the worse when he left. I now have to do everything myself, manufacture, design, print and mail out. It's tough but I am making headway.

I will keep your order open Evan, don't write off the payment, you don't need to do that. I will refund you for your payment or your kit will be 1 of 50 in October, let me know what you would prefer.

Why would I or anyone ban you? I hope to put right the frustration you have felt so you can continue the relationship you have with this forum without any hindrance, I hope this is OK?

Bernie.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

I am okay with this Bernie. I now have an update and am satisfied. I wasn't trying to attack you personally or cause embarrassment. I just wanted to be heard. Too many times of late I have been scammed, mostly on eBay. I am also active on several other boards and it seems to be a pattern now, in this extreme electronic age, to take funds and NEVER deliver. When I pay for a product, I feel that I am personally investing in someone who will deliver in a reasonable amount of time. I am, at a fault, a very trusting and forgiving person. There is a sticky in the Studio Scale section of the RPF that has people owed kits as far back as 10 years and the perpetrator is a police officer! 10 of thousands of dollars are involved! In all fairness I have no right to compare you to those others but I get frustrated when I see patterns come up. I truly do sympathize with you on your backlog. It is not easy knowing that there is product owed and not enough time to cover. I thank you for allowing the space to vent in an open forum and look forward to finishing this deal off. I have purchased many times through the Captain's Store and this is the first issue I have had. Unfortunately the last eBay scam was the last straw so to speak and sparked off a retort. The Ebayer has forced me to deal with PayPal to recover funds. Looks like I am 21 days away from seeing any kind of recourse and in the meantime all the user has to do is deactivate his account. The cons of cross border shopping means that a lot of US laws cannot help me like they would others. But enough of my problems. I drink to your improving health and offer my hand for a bright future.

Evan
Old 23-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your understanding, I am in this for the long haul, it's not about the money, I am lucky to break even on some of the kits I make. I am doing this because I am dealing with friends who have the same wish fulfilment desires as me.

I want to tell you about the first time I made a model and sold it. It was a an Aurora USS Enterprise. The buyer was a stranger to me then, he became a friend and the model was one of his most valued possessions. It made a huge impression on me to see him happy with it. I have made many friends since then and that's the crux of it really, I hope we are all friends.

My problem is I was so caught up with getting kits out the door working to a list as much as possible that I took my eye off your order and the promise I made to you. I will keep it because as a friend you put faith in me and that is worth more than the money.
Old 23-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
thundergod
Astrophysics Technician

I know this is , quite literally , non of my business , but I have to say how refreshing it is to see individuals deal with "issues" in such a mature and forthright manner . This is a perfect example of why this forum is the best on the net and it's members the most level headed and conscientious . Kudos to both(all) of you .
thundergod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 30-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Rogue Studio
Hydroponics Technician

Yep me too I've been waiting for parts for 3 months. I have customers waiting and he told me to send him more business. I'm afraid I cannot. I'm going to have all of the aluminum produced myself. I've written several times with no reply.

Lee
Rogue Studio is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the delay, I have all your bells ready and they will ship on Monday. I have been working away from home quite but am back for the next three weeks at least. I will be cracking into orders to clear the backlog.

Bernie.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

Hi Bernie,

Any updates on the Main Mission kit?

Thanks,

Evan
Old 16-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #9
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

HI Bernie,

It's good see you back and active on the forum again. If you could please take a moment and see your PMs.

Thanks,

Evan
Old 21-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #10
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

Thanks Richard. Chris also dropped me a PM telling me the same. Wish I could have gone. Unfortunately with Air Canada rates the way they are I will likely never see the "Motherland"