Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 12-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #21
Kirth
Waste Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Nope, most of his Blakes stuff (I think he'd done a Paragun and a bracelet previously) started appearing on Ebay around 6 weeks after I first posted this thread. He has directly copied my Servalan guns and Travis concealed pistol, I think his pistols are copied from mine and the replica on Martin Bower's site (which is very different to anything that appeared onscreen). His communicator showed up on ebay shortly after another member here posted their build and techniques.

Back in July he bought a Scorpio Blaster kit from me at Smallspace, through another member here. He built it up and posted pictures on his Facebook page, claiming it as his own creation, and offering recasts. I saw it and messaged him about my displeasure. He agreed to withdraw the recast offer, but ignored my request to make it clear that the images on his site were a buildup of my kit.

He now offers his own SB kit, which is very nice, but appears to be reverse engineered from mine.

I posted this thread originally to show my work and shared dims, caps and research in the hope that it would inspire others to do their own builds, and yeah, it irks me that he is making money selling direct copies of mine and others work, without apparently doing any research of his own, or putting his own spin on it, and that people actually think it's my stuff they are buying

The fact that he was prepared to recast my kit until I caught him at it....

Shady.
Just saw this post and feel i have to defend myself from all this. Yes I bought a clip gun kit for 100 and made casts for myself intending to create a gun cabinet with all the clips We spoke about it Simon and I appologised and gave my word I wouldn't sell or recast anything of yours. People were asking for kits of it I wasnt offerering them for sale or even claiming it was my own work, all I did was post a a video of the gun (I had added magnets to the clip and wanted to show it) so its unfair to say I was offering recasts. My words were 'I may do a run' which was a terrible thing to say but I was under pressure from all those wanting a kit.
I didnt like being ordered to tell everyone it was your kit so I didn't, simple as that. I'm glad you messaged me but your tone also got my back up. I just deleted the post and that was that. After our chat on FB I proceeded to make my own kit from scratch, well over a year ago now mainly to prove a point and because you forbid me from recasting for my own use..... I wanted that gun cabinet (I still dont have it) I have the full scratch build to prove it The clip gun kit was all my own work. I didnt use a single piece of the SF Laser kit in my build. My travis concealed gun kit was based on a prop I bought from france. Nothing to do with your model. I was inspired by your work to create kits of the pistols but I'm now on my 3rd, more accurate version of the officer pistol and all my parts are scratch built. I dont own any of your pistols to copy...yes I have done plenty of research of my own on the pistols and many other props, your images were a great help though. I never once thought you would claim ownership of the designs, I have been offering resin kits not laser cut built up models.
I'm not a recaster or shady thanks very much. I thought our FB chat was an amicable end to it all but obviously not.
I have since built up a large range of resin kits NONE of which are recasts. I have the full builds of each master to prove it,

Last edited by Kirth; 12-11-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Kirth is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #22
birdie
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Yes I bought a clip gun kit for 100 and made casts for myself intending to create a gun cabinet with all the clips We spoke about it Simon and I appologised and gave my word I wouldn't sell or recast anything of yours. People were asking for kits of it I wasnt offerering them for sale or even claiming it was my own work, all I did was post a a video of the gun (I had added magnets to the clip and wanted to show it) so its unfair to say I was offering recasts. My words were 'I may do a run' which was a terrible thing to say but I was under pressure from all those wanting a kit.
I didnt like being ordered to tell everyone it was your kit so I didn't, simple as that
Kinda says it all. You posted uncredit images of my kit, implied it was your work (posted on a page that promotes your latest builds only) , and suggested that you would be doing a run. You got caught out by me and apologised, but refused to then credit the images to me because it would become obvious that at best it would show you were taking credit for someone else's work, at worst intending to recast and sell them. Very, very poor form, mate.

You refused to say 'that's not my work actually' on a Facebook page that showcases all of your work, and that everyone was congratulating you on creating and asking for casts of because 'you didn't like my tone'?

Quote:
My words were 'I may do a run' which was a terrible thing to say but I was under pressure from all those wanting a kit
So here you admit that you were going to recast my kit to sell to others, not just for yourself? Oookay...

Quote:
My travis concealed gun kit was based on a prop I bought from france.
So let me get this straight, you didn't copy my work, you copied someone elses?

Quote:
I thought our FB chat was an amicable end to it all but obviously not
Well, it was, up until the 'dislike of my tone' asking you to correct the assumptions that it was your creation (how unreasonable of me...) resulted in you...... continuing to take credit for someone else's hard graft!

So yeah, that's all pretty shady, no matter how you want to try and twist it.

You knew exactly what you were doing in those posts, and you still continued to take the low road for the obvious reasons posted above.

Somehow it kinda makes it shittier the fact that you have the talent to do good work without intended recasting, copying others for profit and tieing yourself up in BS.

Simon

Last edited by birdie; 13-11-2015 at 12:39 AM.
birdie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #23
Kirth
Waste Technician

At the time....a year ago? I took offence at your tone, I was embaressed. it was justified though, you telling me to say the kit was your work was totally justified. I should have said it was your kit. I just deleted the post. Yeah I was totally in the wrong and was bad form and admitted as much to you at the time, but If I'm going to be tried by kangaroo court I have to have my say as well.

I said 'I may do a run' I posted a video, not images and didnt credit it to your kit. I saw this post and thought for 10 months this has been here, a total slur on my name when I thought we had sorted it out, I didnt expect to be publicly exposed as a recaster and all round bad guy. I made a mistake that once and I'm honest about it Im not twisting anything. I hold my hands up I said ' I may do a run' and I never said it was your kit. I have moved on created lots more stuff. I wanted people to read the other side of the story. Can we leave it now please?

PS. yes I measured the concealed pistol I bought and created my own from scratch. Is that so bad?

Last edited by Kirth; 13-11-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Kirth is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
birdie
Weapons Technician

It was a good while ago, water under the bridge, lets leave it at that.
birdie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #25
BalorReturns!
Chef

More awesome Blake's Seven pieces here. Never did manage to craft one of these - but it was in my shortlist of planned works...
BalorReturns! is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote