Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 24-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

Default wilkinson sword razor model used on fed pistols

Hey a while back I saw on Ebay a whole card display of the exact razor type used on the fed pistols...but I didn't realize they were the right ones until recently. Now they are sold...would like to know the model number or name to help find them again if any are still circulating? I believe they were by Wilkinson sword? I seem to only get modern razors now?!

I take they are not currently produced, and as a Canuck, they were rare if ever sold here (maybe via a defunct Canadian branch of a British chain like Boots or Marks and Spencer? .. both of went out in the 80's before I could shave).

If anyone has any floating around or could make a press mold for resin.. that would be super.
pentel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #2
birdie
Weapons Technician

I'd like to know too, seeing I got that part wrong on my builds
birdie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

Yeah, It was only after I suspected it may have been a British disposable razor that I suspected it wasn't all EMA or a kit bashed component! And even then It wasn't until I saw the screen caps on your thread that I had seen it before, both on E-bay and in a picture of fed guns made by Andy(?) (or Kevin?)! I realized "awe crap should have bought that card!", When whoever it was put up there build pics and I saw what they used I thought it was a toy part and didn't match the grainy screen caps I had, your ones clarified that to me.
Old 31-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

Through out the 2nd and 3rd series, the pistols appear all over Hazel Brown, Aztec Gold, or the former on top and the latter (or possibly Ford Gold?) on the handle. some times the pistols are taped, either in part or entirely, other times they are plain, the back plug is flat, has concentric rings on the back and move as the series progress. in one episode, the ring slips giving the appearance of a hemi, and in Moloch there definitely is a hemi! In Terminus the pistol appears to have T-tracks. Also Star One, Powerplay, Gambit and Moloch show that the pistol handle has a Scorpio gun like back-curve, and the channel that the handle sits has a v like rear and is no longer than the fins in the top of the gun. also there are 3 (slightly rectangular) finger grooves on the bell push side, 4 on the non-bell push side, and the point of the pistol grip is rounded when viewed from the bottom, and the heel of the grip is rather thick.

I used to think there were two pistols, now I think they repaired them like crazy, or lost them to theft or legitimate misplacement, hence all the variants. Or maybe the just melted/cracked when fired, hence the metal cap on "Sleer's" pistol.