Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Glazy
Medical Technician

Default Retro Cinefex

Made these for a bit of fun covering films that Cinefex never did an article on, and then doing some really old back issues too !! Posted them on the Practical Effects Group on Facebook and had a lot of response !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cinefex.jpg (67.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg cinefex 2.jpg (64.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg cinefex 3.jpg (83.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg cinefex 4.jpg (114.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Glazy; 12-01-2015 at 12:57 AM.
Glazy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

Nice. If only they had actually done them, I would have bought most of them -unlike today when I never bother anymore.
It was a great informative magazine when it started, with SFX technicians explaining in detail how the effects were done, with great behind the scenes photos. I used to read it then realise I hadn't understood it - so then had to read it again.
Its mostly empty rubbish these days with lots of advertising and a few pretty pictures.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Glazy
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
Nice. If only they had actually done them, I would have bought most of them -unlike today when I never bother anymore.
It was a great informative magazine when it started, with SFX technicians explaining in detail how the effects were done, with great behind the scenes photos. I used to read it then realise I hadn't understood it - so then had to read it again.
Its mostly empty rubbish these days with lots of advertising and a few pretty pictures.

It is incredibly bland these days !! I only buy out of habit because I've always bought it !! What surprises me is just how many big films they never covered, non of the 4 Superman movies, Supergirl, the Black Hole etc... all the covers I've done are movies never featured !! I'd have loved these articles !! They should publish some retro issues !!
Old 13-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
StrakersWig
Life Support Technician

Looking at those covers it's strange how many notable FX heavy productions they didn't cover at all.

Behind the scenes photos were so much more interesting before the CGI era and Cinefex kind of acknowledged as much when they printed a cartoon of a standard CGI era 'behind the scenes' pic showing a couple of FX supervisors in front of monitors with spaces left to fill in the names.

I might order the current Interstellar issue though. Chris Nolan insists on supporting the practical FX side and it shows.
StrakersWig is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
matteline
Life Support Technician

Great job 'glazy'!
matteline is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
Glazy
Medical Technician

I did another bunch as at the time Star Wars wasn't covered, not until the retrospect edition !! I'd imagine the Legend one as a Rob Bottin retrospect !! Cheers for the feedback !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cinefex 5.jpg (72.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 13-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
gumboot
Hydroponics Technician

When I saw the title of this thread - Retro Cinefex - I thought it must be referring to the latest Cinefex issue. It is so nice to see the practical models of Interstellar featured after so many years of just seeing final renders from computers.
gumboot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote