SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 19-12-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
telster
Medical Technician

Default Remember Takara's 1/144 Thunderbirds models

Hey All,

looks like Deagostini Japan are planning to re-release a version of the Takara TB2 + pod vehicles set as a part-works weekly installment thingy-doodah.

Oh - and possibly updated too - looks like TB2s rocket motors now light up & what looks like a remote control as well

http://deagostini.jp/tbk/

Now I have a couple of Takara TB sets & I really don't need any more but even so, I'm excited about this because honestly they are just the best toys ever.

If it goes well in Japan then they might release it in some other markets too!

Let's hope - eh!

Last edited by telster; 19-12-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: incomplete
telster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

TB2 looks distinctly odd in that. The windows look too far back up the nose. Plus the smaller vehicles are made of that soft vinyl crap.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

I thought that about the windows, comparing it to my Imai 1:144 scale TB2. Those panel lines are nasty as well, totally overscale. I wouldn't mind the pod vehicles to go with it
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

So Japan gets TB2 and we get Game of Thrones figures! you would have thought it would have been out for TB50.
Will need to check my Takara TB2 as agree nose looks a little off but still.......
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
S P Stewart
Travel Tube Technician

Your right about the windows, but the vehicles look really good except how do you get 4 elevator cars in one pod!
S P Stewart is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 22-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

I didnt take up the Millennium Falcon DA did recently (not a massive SW fan) but i'll have to get this if it comes to the UK ... does anyone know if the legs are motorised, like the Takara? All i can see it it says they "extend", but that could be manually.
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #7
FrankUFO
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzac View Post
I didnt take up the Millennium Falcon DA did recently (not a massive SW fan) but i'll have to get this if it comes to the UK ... does anyone know if the legs are motorised, like the Takara? All i can see it it says they "extend", but that could be manually.
From the video it shows TB2 raising and lowering via a remote control, so I'd say motorised.
FrankUFO is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #8
Workshop Artist
Astrophysics Technician

I won't be wasting my money getting that thing!!
Workshop Artist is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #9
Jonathan E
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLINGSTAR View Post
TB2 looks distinctly odd in that. The windows look too far back up the nose. Plus the smaller vehicles are made of that soft vinyl crap.
True, TB2 doesn't look quite right, but its still better than that Iconic Replicas monstrosity.
Jonathan E is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #10
DaveC
Alphan

Default Takara Full Action Thunderbird 2

I am hoping someone here can help.

I have a Takara Full Action Thunderbird 2. The red paint on the engines has completely faded to grey in unsightly patches. It is displayed in a room where the blinds are always closed so I don't believe it to be sun damage. However, I was preparing the model to photograph, so I can send some pictures off in order to get a quote for a repaint as I am not up to the job myself. To my dismay, I have found that only one set of legs is working, the other set will neither extend any further nor retract. I have changed the batteries but no joy. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this as I need to be able to get it back in its original box for transport. It has been on display only, and is barely used.

Dave

Last edited by DaveC; 04-02-2016 at 04:25 PM.
DaveC is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 29-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #11
cratercritter
Geological Technician

I kind of like this big toy model of DeAgostini. Wish it was better though for the price. Some things are a bit annoying....
Positives: Big 1/144 scale and the smaller vehicles are in scale with it, Plastic colour is not bad, but can be weathered or re-painted. Remote controlled legs and LED lights with light up rear engines + engine sound. Since part works, can get spare parts or extra parts + extra pods. Don't mind the panel lines on this model toy.
Negatves: About 80 issues over 80 weeks....long time. The cockpit windows are too far back, (likely the nose section is too long) which detracts from an otherwise well proportioned model. This is very expensive for what it is...typical overpriced Part-Works slug you mega bucks per issue. The two air intake grills to the front of the fuselage are angled out too much...should sit flat. You should not see them when the model is viewed side on, but it is OK I guess (maybe can be modified, fixed up).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model_ph01.jpg (147.6 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by cratercritter; 29-03-2016 at 11:35 AM.
cratercritter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #12
Workshop Artist
Astrophysics Technician

I be very interested in getting that one,if I knew where I can order it
from?
Workshop Artist is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
cratercritter
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop Artist View Post
I be very interested in getting that one,if I knew where I can order it
from?
It's intended primarily for the Japan market. 80 issues over 80 weeks (about four issues per month). Magazines are in Japanese language.
So far 10 issues have been released. You can buy them all and the rest of them from Hobby Link Japan who ship the De Agostini Thunderbird 2 kit worldwide. Hobby Link Japan have a PRIVATE WAREHOUSE ordering method as well if you want to use it, whereby, they hang onto your items for up to 6 weeks or so, releasing your purchased items as they accumulate on hold for you. This is a more economical way to buy bulk lot items to save on shipping costs etc.

Link >>>
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?G...rd+2&x=23&y=20

Last edited by cratercritter; 08-04-2016 at 07:00 PM.
cratercritter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #14
telster
Medical Technician

Oooh - nice finds Cratercritter! I like the way HLJ are showing the parts that come with each issue. If that continues then I'll be able to identify specific issues for spares & repairs to my 1/144 Takara models.

For example, one of my kids got a bit enthusiastic with the R/C Mole model & broke the side track on the tunnelling unit.

Also, if DeAgostini's Mole is operable like the original, perhaps some replacement batteries because the originals all seemed to suffer from the same short life expectancy problem.
telster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote