Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 21-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #21
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

I think they said they wouldn't release extra pods by themselves but may produce full kits with alternative pods...
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #22
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

As long as they release them [ especially the nuclear waste pod ] I don't mind what they do.

Don't forget also - even though it might be annoying it might be a good idea to not exchange the first production run Eagles you have even if they have the faults as the more of these they shift the more 1999 kits we'll probably get from R2.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #23
EagleNut
Weapons Technician

Hope to have some announcements soon, about what's planned for next year;

Knowing if Round 2 will offer some extra sets for the present Eagle 1 kit, or alternate complete Eagle boxes, that's the main concern ( stoping me to add more to the Eagle fleet so far… ).
EagleNut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #24
healvis
Communications Officer

My second box says March 09, 2016 A3 on it but the thruster boxes are the same as the first production run.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #25
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

I'm surprised R2 haven't released another variant yet.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:18 AM   #26
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectors House View Post
They should be coming at some point, depending on Round 2's upper echelons. I know that it was the original plan.
Should be starting mine in September which I'm back dating to match the original 22".
Looks as if it's going to be more work then I 1st expected!
I bet they will release them yes, but not as seperate pods. If you look at all the 12 inch variants they did, you have to buy the rest of the Eagle again. But I don't see that as a big deal. I want all the Pod variations eventually and they are not great for display without an Eagle surrounding them.
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #27
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

Its been less than a year since the original kit launched, give them time!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #28
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician

Most people want R2 to release the alternate pods as separate items but R2 has stated they want to release other Eagle kits each one with another pod type. So, why don't they compromise and release an Eagle kit without any pods at all (at a lesser price) and then release the other pod kits separately. For those who bought the original kit and just want the other pods can buy those and for those who want an entire Eagle with each pod can buy multiple copies of the Eagle (without pod) and each alt pod. Best of both worlds.
Tech_Designer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #29
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Nice idea but it was similar to PE when they said they would not release pods even tho looked like they were manufactured separately
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #30
Eureka
Forum Supporter

I've already got 1 of the 22 eagle kits & it would be nice to be able to get the pods on their own but its not a deal breaker for me either way, if they do release a eagle with a different pod I will be buying it either way.

It might take me longer to get the full kit due to the price but I will still be getting one either way.
Eureka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #31
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

I doubt they'll release the pods separately. You don't get many [ if any ] companies releasing separate parts for different variants of tanks or aircraft.
Old 26-05-2017, 04:58 AM   #32
rbeach84
Alphan

Default Spring landing gear

I am planning on coming up with adjustable tension springs on the landing gear using a threaded bolt on the piston. Will take a bit of engineering but don't see any problem with doing it.

Really digging this kit!

Regards, Robert
rbeach84 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #33
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Designer View Post
Most people want R2 to release the alternate pods as separate items but R2 has stated they want to release other Eagle kits each one with another pod type. So, why don't they compromise and release an Eagle kit without any pods at all (at a lesser price) and then release the other pod kits separately. For those who bought the original kit and just want the other pods can buy those and for those who want an entire Eagle with each pod can buy multiple copies of the Eagle (without pod) and each alt pod. Best of both worlds.
I don't WANT to build more than one 22" Eagle. I have limited time to build and a big backlog of kits waiting. I also have limited funds and very little display space.
I know this is Round 2 trying to maximize profit with reselling exiting models using the Pod alternates as a incentive, but there is no way I can participate in this. Perhaps when they have released all the Eagle variants some years down the road they might want to give the money tree another shake and release separate pod kits, until then I will be happy with what I have and be building something else...
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #34
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

That is what is called "consumer choice". You don't HAVE to buy every object with a "Space:1999" logo on it...
Old 05-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #35
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician

With the first Eagle model (Passenger Pod) you can make the 3 different variants: standard Passenger pod, Rescue (Medical) pod, and VIP pod. R2 is now releasing the cargo pod Eagle which has 2 variants: the cargo pod (which contains the motors and magnet on a cable) and the nuclear containers storage (I don't know the official name). After that there's only 1 left which is the science pod. They can add the top booster module as an accessory to that one.

R2 could go back to the Passenger pod modified with 4 sockets to add the 4 side boosters. They can also mod the front left landing leg pod with a socket to add the crane arm as another accessory. I suppose they can add the 3/4 spine hinge bits for the glider and the glider itself. That's 4 other variants.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #36
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

Wasn't there also Laser Eagle with a large gun mounted on a rod behind the Cockpit on the Dorsal side?

EDIT:
Found some images
http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/...sptabc2144.jpg
http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/.../sptss2765.jpg

Used in 'The Seance Spectre, A B Chysalis and Devil's Planet according to the Catacombs...

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/...serturret.html

Last edited by Richard Baker; 05-06-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #37
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician

I believe there is a third party that sells the laser box turret and you can glue it on top inside the spine space. I came across some photos awhile back where the model builder mounted the laser gun on a rectangle platform and he slid it into place to display and he could remove it.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #38
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Designer View Post
I believe there is a third party that sells the laser box turret and you can glue it on top inside the spine space. I came across some photos awhile back where the model builder mounted the laser gun on a rectangle platform and he slid it into place to display and he could remove it.
Correct - Lunar Models did one modelled by very own Skiffy, but I have a horrible feeling it was a limited run.
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #39
Dantor
Chef

I'm soooo waiting for this! (dream) ... soon right?!
Dantor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #40
Dantor
Chef

I think it's out now!
says in stock not back order: http://www.hobbylinc.com/mpc-22-spac...c-model-838-06
Dantor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote