Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 31-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Default New Original Thunderbirds episodes

Hi, did anyone contribute towards the three new episodes just released. I have the DVD and thought they were great and totally in keeping with the look and ethos of the originals.

What did you think?
forza27 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #2
TVC21
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza27 View Post
Hi, did anyone contribute towards the three new episodes just released. I have the DVD and thought they were great and totally in keeping with the look and ethos of the originals.

What did you think?
Yes I made Scott, Ned Cook, and the bearded Hood. I also sculpted the normal Hood. Glad you like `em!
TVC21 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #3
elder7uk
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC21 View Post
Yes I made Scott, Ned Cook, and the bearded Hood. I also sculpted the normal Hood. Glad you like `em!
I've seen the new episodes as a backer,and the whole production is a credit to everyone involved.

And I should not have been surprised that seeing how many forum members there are with a great deal of skill,that one of them would not have been involved with this project.

Impressive indeed sir.Very well done.
elder7uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Yeah, I was a original backer on Kickstater, still waiting for mine tho - impatiently, as I've seen the trailers on YT! I also believe Stephen La Riviera, the "brains" behind this, is on this forum as Masterspy. As I've said, seen only the YT clips, but they look like they were made in the 1960's, and you can't say a better compliment than that I reckon.

Last edited by Dorzac; 31-05-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
fredlight
Computer Technician

Any link to YT?
Thanks
fredlight is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #6
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlight View Post
Any link to YT?
Thanks
The Abominable Snowman Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2B5p1Ajtc4

The Stately Homes Robberies Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9giauQxW5I

Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eAR-LGk30I
Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default Credit Where Credit Is Due...

Well said...

ADD: saw the documentary on YT - simply wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elder7uk View Post
I've seen the new episodes as a backer,and the whole production is a credit to everyone involved.

And I should not have been surprised that seeing how many forum members there are with a great deal of skill,that one of them would not have been involved with this project.

Impressive indeed sir.Very well done.

Last edited by boatshewsd2; 01-06-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: addendum
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
fredlight
Computer Technician

Thanks, cool videos...so many souvenirs....
fredlight is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #9
hardax
Waste Technician

Any new when these episodes might be available to the general public for purchase? I missed the Kickstarter campaign but NEED to see these!
hardax is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #10
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardax View Post
Any new when these episodes might be available to the general public for purchase? I missed the Kickstarter campaign but NEED to see these!
As I understand it there are no plans or indeed permissions for a general release, I imagine its similar to the stuff you get from Fanderson which has a limited license for an initial run and that's it. I assume ITC will own the rights to it, so I wondered if they ever do a re-issue of the main Thunderbirds series box set whether these could be included. Hard to see them do a standalone one. Licensing can be such a minefield.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #11
ac-60
Medical Technician

I loved the episodes aside from one thing - the bomb in Penny's home... we zoom in, the tension mounts... and we never see/hear of it again. Either don't show it or have a sequence of it failing to explode. There are other minor niggles in Stately Homes but it would be churlish to mention them as overall the three episodes are fab!
ac-60 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #12
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default Hearing is (Also) Believing...

Recently, on the ever-surprising Thunderbirds Wiki, I clicked on Videos, just out of curiosity to see what might be there. There were some very short clips (minute-plus or so) from the new show; and then there were what looked to be the 3 original 1960s "mini-albums" that served as the basis for TB65...!

Well, of course I had to try one, and chose Introducing Thunderbirds. It was split into 2 segments of about 10-1/2 minutes each. Just closed my eyes, and listened; rather like a sort of radio-play, where one supplies one's own pictures. Credit where credit's due, both to a solid script, and to that great vocal talent! A gentle clash of cultures, with glimpses of things to come...

I've stated elsewhere that I'm hopeful that TB65 will eventually find its way to a greater audience (pretty-please? ); but for now, at least, the source material is there to be enjoyed - and, I did!

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/F...erbirds_Part_1

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/F...erbirds_Part_2
Old 03-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
Jonathan E
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzac View Post
As I understand it there are no plans or indeed permissions for a general release, I imagine its similar to the stuff you get from Fanderson which has a limited license for an initial run and that's it. I assume ITC will own the rights to it, so I wondered if they ever do a re-issue of the main Thunderbirds series box set whether these could be included. Hard to see them do a standalone one. Licensing can be such a minefield.
I'm sad to say that the Thunderbirds 1965 DVDs/BluRays have already been ripped and are unfortunately availble to download from various torrent sites.
Jonathan E is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #14
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Sad indeed. That said - and in view of Dorzac's observations - it would seem all the more to make the case that there ought to be a means provided that could make TB65 available to all who'd like to obtain them, by proper and legitimate means.

Has an opportunity been missed here, somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan E View Post
I'm sad to say that the Thunderbirds 1965 DVDs/BluRays have already been ripped and are unfortunately availble to download from various torrent sites.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #15
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan E View Post
Inevitable I suppose. I also noticed a few blu-rays have made their way to ebay and are selling for 80+ ...

Old 03-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #16
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Such a shame but I guess it was bound to happen. Anyway....fantastic effort to all involved....kept me smiling all night. Innocent times relived for an hour or two.

Top work people..Thank you all so much.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #17
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC21 View Post
Nice work..captured the look of each. Well done
Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #18
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Well, I received my goodies a few days ago, and just watched the first episode. Introducing Thunderbirds. Splendid stuff, it was so seamless with the original series footage used, particularly liked the FAB1 launch from the yacht. HD quality is superb, I think my only downside was the nature of the original radio episode which wasn't a classic adventure in the Thunderbirds sense. But still enjoyed it, especially Parker's utterances! Gonna pace my self, will watch the next episode tomorrow ... but to the team who put all this together - a big FAB!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:48 PM   #19
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default The Balcony Is Open...

Now that the TB65 episodes are out and about, the reviews are coming in...!

These have arrived in my recent e-mail (via the GA website newsletter); perhaps some hereabouts have seen them as well...

Introducing Thunderbirds: https://securityhazard.wordpress.com...eid=369a468245

The Abominable Snowman: https://securityhazard.wordpress.com...eid=369a468245
Old 13-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #20
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-60 View Post
I loved the episodes aside from one thing - the bomb in Penny's home... we zoom in, the tension mounts... and we never see/hear of it again. Either don't show it or have a sequence of it failing to explode. There are other minor niggles in Stately Homes but it would be churlish to mention them as overall the three episodes are fab!
Watched the last of the three last night. Have to say Abominable was best for me, but in regards to TSH I had the same thought myself - what happened to the bomb in Penny's Mansion! I also couldn't understand why earlier on Parker offered to shoot down the Helijet but Penelope didn't want her valuables destroyed, but when they had the Crown Jewels it was shot down without a pause... and everything miraculously survives! Still, again as you said, niggles really to what was a triumph of a project.