Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 16-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #21
KevinD
Communications Officer

That's photobuckets doing. The pictures would reappear if the posters paid to upgrade their photobucket membership but it's quite pricey. I didn't want to do that so deleted my account.
KevinD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #22
nialle46
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
That's photobuckets doing. The pictures would reappear if the posters paid to upgrade their photobucket membership but it's quite pricey. I didn't want to do that so deleted my account.
Well I can understand that Kevin.
nialle46 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #23
karr1981
Assistant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialle46 View Post
Hi the problem with Photobucket still exists, I regularly go back and browse older threads on the Puppet thread as it's great for reference but a lot of the pics are still blocked, is there anything that can be done about this?. thanks Niall.
Hi Niall,

Unfortunately this is not an error on the site, Photobucket changed their service and blocked the external links to all their users of their service with like almost no notice after years of use, they now expect each user to pay over $400 to allow their own images to be linked to other sites!, as you can probably guess most people told them where they could stick this new fee :-S

This is a huge issue for many sites including us that let members post up reference images etc

The only way this can be fixed is manually and for most people it is just not an effective use of their time, IF any members want to fix important images on here they are welcome to contact me to discuss how we can try to restore them
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #24
nialle46
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karr1981 View Post
Hi Niall,

Unfortunately this is not an error on the site, Photobucket changed their service and blocked the external links to all their users of their service with like almost no notice after years of use, they now expect each user to pay over $400 to allow their own images to be linked to other sites!, as you can probably guess most people told them where they could stick this new fee :-S

This is a huge issue for many sites including us that let members post up reference images etc

The only way this can be fixed is manually and for most people it is just not an effective use of their time, IF any members want to fix important images on here they are welcome to contact me to discuss how we can try to restore them
Hi yes its a nuisance, luckily I managed to save a lot of pics before this happened, thanks for the info, regard Niall.
nialle46 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 11:19 PM   #25
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Couldn't access the site again for the last few days. Also when I do a search on Google it says this site 'may' have been hacked underneath.

Last edited by FALLINGSTAR; 15-01-2018 at 01:47 AM.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 15-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #26
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

When I clicked a few days ago I just got a line of text ... should have done a screenshot but forgot
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 01:47 AM   #27
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzac View Post
When I clicked a few days ago I just got a line of text ... should have done a screenshot but forgot

Same here.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 03:32 AM   #28
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician

I couldn't access the site for the last 2 days. Every time I tried, I got a line of text. I used one of those 'is this site down' to check and it stated that eagletransporter.com was down for everyone.
Tech_Designer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #29
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default The More Things Change...

Same for me. Reported it, once site access returned (*whew!*).
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #30
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

The line of text was a PHP error - something I'm very familiar with as its my job Sadly I didn't know how to contact anyone on the site without the site being up. It looked like a simple fix but of course the site owners needed to get someone to sort it out which is probably why it took so long.
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM   #31
tryptych
Weapons Technician

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking this site code is ancient and is in desperate need of a revamp/rebuild.
It crashes with alarming regularity and is terribly buggy.
tryptych is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #32
moonhugger
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
It took me a while to figure out the best / low cost way to save photos; even icloud needed a monthly fee for extra storage; dropbox became full etc. I used a free website builder just to save photos; weebly, suits me. You can even have hidden pages that are not searchable by google etc.
I don't really know if this is a good thing let alone best but it seems to work. It has unlimited storage but limits on file size depending on plan (free/paid for etc.). It suits and is easy to use.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #33
tryptych
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhugger View Post
It took me a while to figure out the best / low cost way to save photos;
I use these guys. Free, embeddable, unlimited storage and image size.
http://postimg.org/
tryptych is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote