Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 16-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
tak5haka
Eagle Pilot

Default Babylon 5 Starfury "Old Glory"

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I've not dropped off the face of the Moon, just been very, very busy at work and home and been helping out a UK-based GKM with decal artwork. In between all that though, I set myself a task of building a kit straight(ish) out of the box in under a week. Sadly, in real time it took two weeks to complete - I spent about 2 hours per night on it (with a three-day gap), so it didn't take too long.

It's the Revell Starfury from Babylon 5. The only non-kit items I used were some resin aftermarket guns from Starship Modeler and the cheescake noseart, which inspired the overall paint scheme of "Old Glory".

Anyway here it is - let me know what you think.

My next project is a Trek one, so I'll hide away until I get back on the Osprey later in the year. Thanks.
tak5haka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
w8cmp
Science Officer

Very nice...I'm about three quarters of the way through a build on one of these...and I have the aftermarket guns too...though only the standard decals.

Very nice job...

Chris
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
tak5haka
Eagle Pilot

Thanks - I also had the missiles for it, but just couldn't get them to fit properly ...

Bear in mind when you fit the inner guns, they are wider than the kit stock guns so it affects the upper underwing. Dry fit first, then shave to fit and build up the inner supports if you can (I didn't bother really, I was happy with the fit).
Old 17-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Very nice Starfury, excellent job.

I built two of these kits straight out of the box, neither used aftermarket parts though, a Black Omega Psi Cor version and Sheridan's Star Fury. I still have a Bab 5 Station and two Star Fury kits stored away in the loft for later.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
tak5haka
Eagle Pilot

Thanks - it's quite a simple kit and an excellent one for getting you out of a modelling rut.

If you have the capabilities of printing decals, there are some free detailing decals available at SSM for the B5 station: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/tech/cb_b5_decals.htm.

Old 17-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Thanks for that link, they will certainly come in handy when I get around to finally building the other B5 Station.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote