Old 11-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
rockwellcm
Communications Officer

Default Sixteen 12 White Hawk

I had an e-mail today regarding this from Sixteen 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Collector

And now for some GOOD news!

The original Studio model of the HAWK was designed and constructed for the show SPACE 1999 by Master Model maker MARTIN BOWER.

The original brief was to design a space craft that was along the same design style as the Eagle Transporter. This was successfully achieved. The model delivered to the studios by Martin also featured a similar paint scheme to that of the original Transporter (See attached image)

It was however decided later by the studio that the paint scheme was “too similar” to that of the Transporter and the model was repainted by the studio in the orange livery that we are now familiar with.

MARTIN BOWER has suggested that it would be nice to release a VERY LIMITED number of the HAWK PROP REPLICA in the paint scheme as ORIGINALLY designed by him.

As such, we have put to one side 20 ONLY of the release of 200 HAWK REPLICAS.

Each of these models will be HAND PAINTED by MARTIN BOWER HIMSELF in the distinctive white style of the Eagle Transporter and of his ORIGINAL studio model.

Martin will also HAND SIGN the underside of each model fully authenticating the piece.

This is an absolutely unique opportunity to own a HAWK PROP REPLICA hand finished by the original designer himself and will undoubtedly become a sought after collectors piece.

EDITION ONLY 20 WORLDWIDE. Price £599.00

Simply e-mail your interest and we will compile a reserve list on a strictly first come, first served basis.

Please e-mail if you have any questions or require any further information.

Regards

Steve Walker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comment from me on this....

Last edited by rockwellcm; 03-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
rockwellcm is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Yeah, got this email as well. Always said they should have done this from the beginning as the all white is my preferred version. That's how I've painted mine...

Can't wait to see pics of this from those of you who can afford to buy, but with only 20 I'm sure it could sell out through this site alone. Especially with Bower painting them sure wish I could afford one...
Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
canveyjim
Astrophysics Technician

email sent , fingers crossed
canveyjim is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
rockwellcm
Communications Officer

Something`s not quite right here,as `Eagletransporter` has issue 182 ,so another 20white hawks,takes it over the ltd edition of 200.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
ostrein
Communications Officer

So how does this work anyway?

The initial 1612 Hawk was produced in China and painted white with the orange modification. Now they are taking 20 of them and paint the orange part (which was white before our Chinese friends painted them orange) white again!?

Painting white on top of orange sounds to me a little ... well, personally I would remove the orange paint first. But also Mr Walker didn't say that Martin B will re-paint the Hawks.

Sorry, but I don't get it
ostrein is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
MkIXHawk
Communications Officer

It does actually say that they've put aside 20 from the 200. I'm guessing that they only sold 180 so they're trying to shift them by using a gimmick
MkIXHawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
rockwellcm
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkIXHawk View Post
It does actually say that they've put aside 20 from the 200. I'm guessing that they only sold 180 so they're trying to shift them by using a gimmick
But Eagletransporter has 182!,how will that work?

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ad.php?t=16886

Last edited by rockwellcm; 11-09-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
scatta
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
But Eagletransporter has 182!,how will that work?
The Hawks are not sold in numeric order - I bought mine after Jorge (Eagletransporter) bought his, and I got number 110 (and this was direct from Sixteen 12).

How annoyed am I that this annoucement was not made two week earlier? - I hate the orange and would gladly have paid the extra for the white version!

However - what puzzles me:- there is a lot of orange on this model, also the white is a biege white with light brown weathering effect (which all nicely compliments the orange). To me there would be a shed lot of work to do in order to change this to the Eagle's grey white colour scheme (and do a nice weathering job). I'm no model builder but I imagine this would take many hours. Taking a wild guess that a pro would be charging in excess of £35 an hour to do this type of work, that means (taking taxes and transport cost into consideration) the rework would have to be done in around 2 hours? This seems highly unlikekly?

Anyway, my piggybank fund won't stretch to another hawk but I would be happy for Martin Bower to repaint my Hawk for £100 !

Paul S.
scatta is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
Knight1966
Communications Officer

total edition = 1----------------------200 take 20 away? easy No's 50--------70 or 20 assorted numbers, so you could happen to own No.199 they could still have 20 left, the question presumes they were sold sequentially which is unlikely.

Ok so Scatta pipped me too it
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
rockwellcm
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1966 View Post
total edition = 1----------------------200 take 20 away? easy No's 50--------70 or 20 assorted numbers, so you could happen to own No.199 they could still have 20 left, the question presumes they were sold sequentially which is unlikely.

Ok so Scatta pipped me too it
Point taken,but thats not the way it happened with the Rescue Eagle

Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
eagleles
Weapons Technician

Okay, let me see if I get this right.
The original Hawk painted orange = £499
The Hawk repainted white by Martin Bower = £599

Someone somewhere isnt going to get paid a helluva lot and I'm damned sure that Bower wont be doing it for next to nothing. And as Scatta has pointed out, there is a LOT of orange to repaint. Considering Bower charged me over £600 several years ago just to do some very minor repair work on one of my Bower-models, I cannot see him repainting a whole lot of orange on 20 Hawks for bugger-all.

My guess is, he'll possibly repaint the beak and PE will do the rest!!

Call me cynical :-D

Cheers
Les
eagleles is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Bigyan65
Astrophysics Technician

I got the email too......bit expensive for me though as I already have a day-glow orange version already!!
Bigyan65 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
Gumdrop and Spider
Astrophysics Technician

If you do a completed auction search on ebay UK it reveals that since August 29th there were 16 unsold Hawks at £449.00 (or more), one unsold at £372.25, and only one sold at £343.30.

Hopefully this marketing strategy will help them move some product, as it seems consumers are hesitant with this investment.

Do we know for certain that the factory fully painted all 200, or did they have the option to finish them in staged batches, thus allowing a few different variants; such as this particular version and perhaps even a white anti-glare panel version (ironically like the box) down the road?

The issue numbers are likely shuffled to keep people guessing as to how many are left for purchase.

Last edited by Gumdrop and Spider; 12-09-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added last bit
Gumdrop and Spider is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
alfalfa
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdrop and Spider View Post
If you do a completed auction search on ebay UK it reveals that since August 29th there were 16 unsold Hawks at £449.00 (or more), one unsold at £372.25, and only one sold at £343.30.

The issue numbers are likely shuffled to keep people guessing as to how many are left for purchase.

So I think you are saying the only market place for such items is here

I agree. Once you get past £100 I think everyone else switches off, and, bearing in mind there is a recession on the only people buying stuff are on here. PE/IR Eagles struggle to reach £250, however there is strong demand for PE 12 inchers.

I think they will struggle to find 20 punters for such an obscure item at that price.
alfalfa is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #15
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

All we wanted was a Hawk to go with out 12" eagles... that's all... they would have gone into reruns by now...would have made a fortune.. they even had the Warp Hawk they could have copied... just like they did the eagle... but no. This is just the same old same old.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Transporter
Life Support Officer

I am convinced too, they could have sold to many of us, 3 orange Hawks and one white Hawk if they were in the 12" Eagle scale...
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
All we wanted was a Hawk to go with out 12" eagles... that's all... they would have gone into reruns by now...would have made a fortune.. they even had the Warp Hawk they could have copied... just like they did the eagle... but no. This is just the same old same old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I am convinced too, they could have sold to many of us, 3 orange Hawks and one white Hawk if they were in the 12" Eagle scale...
Absolutely agree, I would have purchased Mark IX Hawks scaled to the 12" PE Eagles that I own already.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
alfalfa
Communications Officer

MMM.

Lets see:

3 Hawks: TV Show, Bower repaint and original white. (plus gift set of all three featuring bonus Nuke and Exiles Pod).

Full set of Laser Tanks.

Missing Scarlets???

MSV, SPC, Angel Interceptor, SPJ, Helicoptor (please, please).

Missing UFO's

Lunar Tank/Missile launcher, Lunar Transporter, Moon Mobile. Various Planes.

And why didn't they anounce it today??? September 13th. They must know its 'Breakaway Day'
alfalfa is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #19
Communications Officer

Check out the 1612 Website. There's now even a picture of MB painting a Hawk! Staged obviously, but I must say it looks so much better than the orange version. If only they would drop the price on it.
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
boxy
Travel Tube Technician

Replicas Unlimited Kits £125 Quid
Tube superglue £ 5 Quid
Tin of Primer £ 6 Quid
Tin of White Paint £ 6 Quid

Bargain !!!!!!!
boxy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote