Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Default 12" Eagles and their future

If the 12 inch eagles are not produced anymore, who will buy the moulds and tools from PE? Would be a pitty to let them detoriate...where are the bankers among us?
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Eagle
Commander Ret.

I like your way of thinking. I'd think it was unlikely to happen though.
Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

I may be wrong, but I think the 23 inch eagle, nice though they may be are way beyond the reach of a lot of the less affluent/casual fans. I'd be inclined to buy one (or two, or three, damn the addiction) 12 inch Eagles, but not the 23 inch one.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
Straker90
Computer Technician

I may be wrong, but i think PE may be in trouble, if you to there website the have set up a membership thing, where if you buy something from them you get points, which go towards there products, think with enough points you get free product. Sounds like they are trying to get customers, as they charge full price on all there stuff, and i mean how can they compete when ebay sales there stuff for at least 10 less in the 12inch diecast range
Straker90 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
eimb1999
Eagle Pilot

PE made a big blunder with the 23" Eagle. If they'd taken the time to do it right... that is make an ACCURATE 22" model instead of the abomination they turned out, they would have sold a lot more. If it nhad been acurate and even more expensive, I'd have bought two. As it is, I don't even want one of those things, even if I could get it at less than half price.

If PE made their stuff accurate, I'd buy a lot more of it. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
eimb1999 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

As mentioned in another thread, PE couldn't really sell them cheaper than the RRP they were telling their retailers to sell them for otherwise none of the retailers would buy any.

(edit) This was in reply to the post now removed.

Last edited by DX-SFX; 08-09-2007 at 03:56 PM.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
AceMartini
Communications Officer

I'd have bought at least one PE 23" Eagle if it had been accurate. Of course, it wouldn't have been a 23" miniature if it had been accurate. I will not spend that kind of money on something that was just thrown together in the cheapest way possible to maximize the company's profits, however. The new line seems to put together in the same fashion, so none for me.

I love PE 12" Eagles, though.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
CR
Science Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMartini View Post
I love PE 12" Eagles, though.
As do I. In spite of all the problems & complaints, I will still go on record as saying the PE12" line was one of the best mass-produced Space: 1999 products ever made, in terms of accuracy & affordability. And they didn't take up a ton of room, until we all bought a dozen or so and started scratchbuilding hangars for them!
I'm still profoundly disappointed at the discontinuation of that line.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Agreed. I must say I feel very much like I have undersubscribed with only 6. Still, I love em all.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #10
Straker90
Computer Technician

I'm going to by a freighter eagle tomorrow off ebay, I can get one for 29.95+6 postage, this seems to be the standard rate for BIN, it is bizzare that the ones that people are bidding on are going higher the ebay store BIN, this I find hard to understand

Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #11
Eagle
Commander Ret.

^ Never understood it either...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker90 View Post
I'm going to by a freighter eagle tomorrow off ebay, I can get one for 29.95+6 postage, this seems to be the standard rate for BIN, it is bizzare that the ones that people are bidding on are going higher the ebay store BIN, this I find hard to understand
Of course this is not always the case but I guess this may be because of the (international) shipping rates. Buying a lab pod eagle costed me 30 but the shipping to Switzerland was "only" 8 . Buying an Eagle with BIN costs maybe 29 but the shipping is 15 ...
Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #13
Straker90
Computer Technician

hmmm i guess, but I mean when people are bidding the actual price goes higher then BIN
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #14
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker90 View Post
hmmm i guess, but I mean when people are bidding the actual price goes higher then BIN
Yea, I understood that, but sometimes the BIN price is already gone when you are in a sudden desperate need of a new eagle and somebody already tried to get it cheaper than for the BIN price...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #15
Straker90
Computer Technician

i think I see what you mean as in eagles that have either BIN or bid options....
The thing i hav noticed though is EAgles are starting at alow price for bidding i.e 0.99 then they will rocket up to around 33 with usually 7 postage, why they dont stop and then look at ebay shops is beyond me

Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #16
Styrofoam_Guy
Life Support Technician

For me I have a limit to what I will pay for a finished model. So I have only two 12inch eagles. (which I plan to modify) I do not plan on getting a 23 one. However if it was accurate I may have considered it.

I prefer building my models and if they were kits I would have at least a dozen 12 inch ones.

Styrofoam_Guy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #17
Straker90
Computer Technician

well i guess im slightly the opposite because I would love to build a good kit but I usually run out of patience with it
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
EAGLEMAGNET
Eagle Pilot

BOOO To You all,

I Love the 23" PE Eagles.. lets face it at least PE are prepared to make them in mass.
if you are all questioning how accurate it is then just think about that rubbish AMT or Airfix abomonations or how about the highly inaccurate Dinky versions.. i could go on,

I am not ashamed to say I own 2x PE 23" eagles Rescue and Transporter and they are certainly more accurate than my RU 23 VIP Eagle, but 3x 23" eagles look FAB Together.

I Will be purchasing the PE23 Lab and freighter eagles also.

Hooorah!!! TO PE or is it IR (hang on?..... I wonder if IR collectors club will give us points for the eagles we have allready purchased.... i think they should give me the new 23" eagles out of loyalty, i have 15 of their eagles!)

Disclaimer... I certainly wouldn't pay 400 for a PE 23"... im looking out for the e-bay bargains..... 200 yes please sir!
EAGLEMAGNET is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #19
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Likewise, I'll probably pay around 175-195 tops for an IR TB2 (if they appear at that price) but no more than that.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #20
Straker90
Computer Technician

Well i have just ordered 2more eagles to keep my one Rescue/medical eagale company. VIP and FREIGHTER will be with me in a couple of days YAY!!!!!

Out of interest, have PE actually stopped making them, I mean are they really going to become really hard to get your hands on in a few years?