Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 26-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Default My Custom Space:1999 Action Figures...

Hi guys! A few of you asked me to share photos of my custom figs and this will be the thread where I do that...I'll also take some pics of my Space:1999 models (I just have to get them out and set them up for the pics).

I have both 3 3/4 inch figures (made from various Star Wars figures) and 8 inch Mego-style figures (Made from the recent Classic TV Toys/Figures Inc Space:1999 line)...Some of the pics aren't very good (my camera sucks), but please forgive the blurriness, etc...

First up...Commander Koenig in Year One outfit(along with Alan Carter... Who is not a custom, except for the more blonde hair, which I had painted and the beige-dyed uniform) ...

Year Two Carter and Koenig (I made the Commander's uniform from scratch and I just sewed on a new color-correct collar and sleeve for Alan, the figure came with red instead of the yellow-orange)...

BTW...Koenig's sleeve, collar and jacket are black, but for some reason it looks very blue in the photos.

Doctor Russell (also in Year Two outfit and before her head-shrink, it's a bit big...I'll get more pics of her with the shrunken head and Year One outfit later)...

Kano from Year One (I merely gave him the correct sleeve color)

Smitty (from Year One)...

Year One Security guards...

Other figures WIPs are Tanya Alexander, Archon from Return of Voyager, Dorzak and the Magus.

I hope you enjoy them...

Dana
cmdrkoenig67 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I love the way you did the year two belts. Great work. Its interesting that Koenig's black should come out looking blue. We had this discussion a little while ago. I always thought it was blue, but it is coal black I think someone called it, just as you've made it.

Poor Helena though, her knee replacements are showing
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
I love the way you did the year two belts. Great work. Its interesting that Koenig's black should come out looking blue. We had this discussion a little while ago. I always thought it was blue, but it is coal black I think someone called it, just as you've made it.

LOL....And whoops, I didn't make the belts for the Year Two costumes (those came with the figures)...Sorry, Perhaps I should be more specific in my descriptions. The Koenig head was a shrink and recast of the 9 inch Mattel Koenig figure from the seventies, done by a fellow Mego figure customizer... Painted by me. Koenig's Year One outfit was just an extra Paul Morrow uniform that I just changed out the sleeve and added a black stripe and collar to (and dyed beige).

Helena's outfit was a Sandra uniform, that I just replaced the sleeve, collar and colored stitching on. Her head was from the Mattel 9 inch Helena figure.

BTW...These are of course, the 8 inch figures...I'll post pics of my 3 3/4 inch figures soon.

Dana
Old 26-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
CR
Science Officer

Nice effort. I've made a couple custom figs with those Classic TV Toyss ones, as well. I modified a Robin Hood head to look sort of Simmonds-like, and used a different head (can't remember which line it was from, probably another Robin Hood) to make a security guard that vaguely kinda-sorta looks like the guy on the right: http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/m...ac/spac230.jpg

I wanted to dye all the white uniforms beige, but was afraid I'd screw it up (and can't afford new uniforms). What did you do for yours?

Also, do you have extra 'shrunken' heads of John & Helena you'd care to part with? I've wanted to make Koenig & Russell figures to complete my collection. (PM me if you like, so we can just keep the board for display pics & comments.)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
Now it’s been a while since I’ve had such healthy laugh!!! Thanks Tony, I needed that!

Dana, your Space 1999 figures are a delight! Excellent collection…and welcome!

Jorge
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #6
HawkLobster
Life Support Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
Other figures WIPs are Tanya Alexander, Archon from Return of Voyager, Dorzak and the Magus.
There's gonna be lots of folks around here waiting to see that Tanya figure!

Great work!
HawkLobster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Yes... come on.. where's the Tanya figure???
Old 27-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Nice custom figures, thanks for sharing the pictures.

A Tanya figure eh, that should keep some members of the forum happy, eh.

I keep on planning to re-work some of the old 1992 release Thunderbirds and Stingray Matchbox action figures, and have been for years, I have dozens of the figures sat in a box, but never got around to it, hmmmm must look at possibly resurrecting that project.

Last edited by TonyB; 27-09-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Thinking of a Tanya figure.....
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I managed to get Scott and Gordon (Matchbox) for my 1992 Matchbox TB2. I could have picked up Brains and the Hood, but they didn't really grab me.

Still waiting for that Tanya figure.....
Old 27-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I have a complete set of MoC Matchbox Thunderbird action figures, and a lone MoC Phones from Stingray, however I must have at least 50 (or more) loose Thunderbirds figures and around 25/30 loose Stingray figures to work on when I get around to it....

The plan was to recreate some small dioramas taken from various scenes from the series, hmmm I will have to get back into doing those.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Thanks guys...I do have a wip pic of the Tanya figure, but she's not finished...

Anyway, Here's Helena (after the head shrink) in her Year One outfit...You thought I was going to show the Tanya wip, didn't you?...Cue evil laugh...Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Check the Launch Pad for a Tanya WIP pic.

Helena...

Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 27-09-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 27-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Nice effort.
I wanted to dye all the white uniforms beige, but was afraid I'd screw it up (and can't afford new uniforms). What did you do for yours?
I used Rit dye (I believe it was just the general beige color)...I just had to dip the outfits in the dye for a few seconds (made in very hot water...not hot enough to melt the outfits, though...LOL). You can only dye the uniforms with the red, black and purple sleeves...I had to remove the yellow sleeve from Carter's uniform, because it would come out very dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Also, do you have extra 'shrunken' heads of John & Helena you'd care to part with? I've wanted to make Koenig & Russell figures to complete my collection. (PM me if you like, so we can just keep the board for display pics & comments.)
I'lll PM you about that...

Dana
Old 27-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Very cool... Yes I found Tanya
Old 28-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #14
CR
Science Officer

Ah, so dying the whole uniform does work, at least for the darker colored sleeves. Thanks!
I thought about replacing the colored sleeves to the beige 'Bergman-style' uniform, but the material is different, so I figured that dying the white uniforms was the next best bet.
--------------
I mentioned this in a PM reply, but thought I'd bring it up here in case anyone else might be interested or have knowledge... Does anyone make furniture/props in scale to the 8" figs? I was thinking about scratchbuilding some items (desks, chairs, wall panels, maybe a Sorella lamp). It'll be a while, though, since I've lots of other projects that need completion.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
CelticNut
Medical Technician

Great detail work there, bud.
CelticNut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #16
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Here are some pics of my 3 3/4 inch action figures (all made from Star Wars figures)...

I hope you like them.

Dana
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #17
cricket
Medical Officer

Wow, those are very nice.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Very ingenious Dana! All the figures, especially the ladies, are top-notch!
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #19
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Agreed, Wow. What figures did you use as bases for them (sorry if you've already told us....woolly head syndrome)
Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #20
Garuda
Eagle Pilot

Really good work. Very clever conversion. The Maya one is amazing!
Garuda is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote