Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Default Dr Who Live Wembley Arena

Hi Guys,

I'm booked to see the 1900 show on Sat 9th Oct with my daughter at Wembley Arena, anyone else taking their kids along or going?
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Yep! We are down for the 3pm performance. Not sure what to expect but given the involvement of all the real deal folk behind the show I reckon it will be a decent enough afternoon out!
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Too bad the original ELO lineup isn't back together (of course Bevan is retired and Kelly is gone to the next life, so it can't happen anyway). The thread title to this one reminds me of their 1978 Out of the Blue tour, of which at least one of their performances at Wembley was recorded. Couldn't you just picture the Doctor taking part in a concert like that with the spaceship set and lasers?
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lewis View Post
Yep! We are down for the 3pm performance. Not sure what to expect but given the involvement of all the real deal folk behind the show I reckon it will be a decent enough afternoon out!
Guess we'll be Queuing as you come out then lol
Old 27-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1966 View Post
Guess we'll be Queuing as you come out then lol
Apparently they have a "flying" Dalek in the performance...should be interesting ! Hope you guys enjoy the show !
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Knight1966
Communications Officer

If you've seen this show please don't give away any details I like to be surprised.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
Apparently they have a "flying" Dalek in the performance...should be interesting ! Hope you guys enjoy the show !

Old 27-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
cricket
Medical Officer

Now this is something we'll never see in the States. The adverts look interesting. Am I correct in thinking it's live-action foes on stage interspersed with clips of the new Doctor and Amy? With lots of special effects, of course!
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I would like to go to see this show, unfortunately its not going to happen.

A review and brief synopsis about the show would be good from anyone who is going to see it.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
paul gray
Forum Supporter

just got my tickets to the afternoon show on the Saturday, my eldest son is rather excited to say the least. if i can find it i will wear my "eagle pilot " badge, so say hello
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1966 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm booked to see the 1900 show on Sat 9th Oct
Mmm, I wonder if Karen Gillan will be making a guest appearance, dressed in her police outfit ?
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
paul gray
Forum Supporter

the big day has arrived and i have to say i am quite excited, but not half as excited as my son is. i will report back tonight on what i thought of the show
cheers Paul

Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
paul gray
Forum Supporter

back from our travels to Wembley and my son says it was the best day ever. the BBC certainly hit the spot for the younger audience, all the good monsters etc and some big bangs. if you were in the stalls all the monsters were on walkabout so you could very close to them. the music was brilliant especially the theme tune , the band were great, will now have to try to go to the Dr Who proms. disappointed at the length of the show,2hrs including a 20 min interval. as usual all the merchandising was exspensive, 10 for a programme, but i think that's the norm for these things. if you go dont expect a great story but that is really incidental. my son had a great day and that was worth it's weight in gold. if you like DW go and see it
cheers Paul

Last edited by paul gray; 09-10-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Just got back too! Again no spoilers so don't be concerned if you haven't seen it yet and are going. As Paul says a great time for the family, kids especially, ties in nicely to the continuity of the show itself actually going back as far as the Pertwee years which is a great little touch. Although Matt Smith isn't physically there his 'appearances' are integral to the whole performance and you do get a sense of 'canon' throughout so all boxes were ticked for me. Spectacular and fun and the seemingly packed house loved it so I guess job done!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
Knight1966
Communications Officer

What an end to a full fun packed day out, really crammed it in today starting with a tour of the major sights for my daughter, London eye,Parliament/Big Ben, Traf Square (closed of for an event?) The Mall, Buck House, Harrods, science Museum and to top it off the show, and what a show, Sorry Paul was on the tube when you called but got your message ,
Given what today cost me I've gotta say the show was the only thing that 'was' value for money (4.00 for a plain, half cold, excuse of a chicken burger outside the venue, won't make that mistake again)

Sorry no spoilers here either, my daughter and I were down in the stalls and what little may of been lost in terms of overall view were more than made up for by the close up presence of the characters and the audience reaction to two certain Doctors as they 'appeared 'was astounding, and in true Who tradition the best was saved for last.

Going back to an earlier note on VFM, do not be tempted to splash out the 20.00 asking price (plus 1.00 should you dare use any form of card) on the Museum of Film based in the City Hall next to the London eye, if you get it as part of a package deal all well and good but don't go for the sake of itself, the displays are extremely aged 'botched' together, the 'take as many pictures as you like is happered badly by the lighting that confuses the hell out of most modern camera sensors
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Just a few shots we took which won't spoil anything for anyone who is going but hasn't been yet. It was a fun thing which the kids loved but which certainly didn't disappoint adults in the audience too. I've been to many of the 'UP CLOSE' exhibitions across the country as well as the last DR WHO PROMS which was great fun as well but this was the most spectacular.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
Knight1966
Communications Officer

I gotta say I loved the Female announcer, during the interval, getting round to saying "The use of video recording equipment and taking photo's is not permitted in the Arena" Too little Too late luv, er and then have characters move amongst the audience and 'Pose'!!! Whatcha think was gonna happen?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Sounds like it was a really fun event, I would not be surprised if it turns up on DVD etc at some future point. Th Doctor Who at the proms should be on the beeb at around Christmas time all being well, I still have the last proms concert on my DVD recorder, so will put them both onto one DVD.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #18
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Doctor and the Amazing Technicolor Daleks. Looks like a fun show. Wish I could take it in, but I doubt it will make a US run.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote