Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Default Fleet update

Fellow Alphans, my Eagle fleet has recently been updated with the looooong-awaited Glider, converted-winch-pod-into-nuke-pod and, for last but not least, a Warp lift display stand that unfortunately arrived damaged from the UK due to the more-than-frequent mishandling of the postal services. You will notice the little set of stairs, platform and hand rails are either broken or missing. Fortunately I was able to recuperate all the broken pieces and, time & mood permitting, I will restore this lovely display piece.

Now some very-fresh pictures... enjoy!

Jorge

...and a couple more:

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 10-11-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
tx4
Medical Technician

Wow! Excellent, excellent Immunity glider Eagle. I can also clearly see the climb-through tube through the spine of the Eagle. I was disappointed to learn that PE don't have one like that in 12" (I have no construction skills), because I would have probably bought that one next after the Metamorph Eagle (lab and booster).

The nuke-pod Eagle looks great too, and the collection is excellent. Very detailed landing pad, with lights too? Neat. Looks like you have an Exiles pod, and maybe a Hawk or two too hiding in the background?

Very nice; thanks for sharing the images.

Last edited by tx4; 10-11-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Forgot a sentence ("I can also...")
tx4 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
cricket
Medical Officer

Very nice!
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Looking very nice Jorge.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Thank you all, your comments are very much appreciated (and encouraging!) Here’s another two shots that will give you an overall view of the fleet.

…and here’s a quick one showing the SAW dorsal booster pack (thanks DX!) that will soon be mounted (I hope) on the upcoming IR 23” Lab Eagle. The booster pack is not finished yet simply because I’m waiting to see what will be the Lab Eagle final color, so that it can be properly matched.

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 11-11-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: image link repair

Old 10-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Gumdrop and Spider
Astrophysics Technician

Fantastic Eagletransporter, thanks for updating us on the latest arrivals to your most Impressive Eagle Museum
Gumdrop and Spider is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
ostrein
Communications Officer

... a most wonderful collection you have there
ostrein is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Northerner
Communications Officer

hey bud,
the eagle pad pics are fantastic!!
i cant imagine how proud you are of that collection!

i wish i would have gotten pics of my 5 23" eagles
when i had them all, but had to sell some to pay dr. bills.
but i was proud of them while i had em!
Northerner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

tx4, I don’t have any construction skills either. Most of the models that you see here were bought or commissioned to professional modelers like Jim Small, Mike Reader, Robert Hobby (“Eagle-1”) and Alfred Wong. Some were “picked-up” on eBay or directly bought at the usual well-known places like Comet, Fabgear USA, etc.
That little glider is a true gem of a model and yes, it comes equipped with the access tube and even a hatch! Jim Small still sells them.
Indeed you’re right, I have two Airfix Hawks in my collection…nicely spotted!

Flywestjet, thank you for your kind words as well. You will surely recognize the tower prop with the orange domes…looks good on my improvised lunar surface, no?

Vielen Dank Ostrein! By the way, my profile pic was taken two years ago in a place outside Stuttgart…I am sure that you will recognize that magnificent building. I’ve spent a full day there!

Northerner, thank you as well for your appreciation and yes I do recall your impressive collection of 23” Eagles, some were Rescue versions as well, right?. Hopefully you will manage to repopulate your collection soon. There'll always be Eagles!

to all

Jorge

PS...Congrats on your triple digits post Robbin 9...glad it happened in my thread!

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 10-11-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: To congratulate Robbin 9!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
Mola Rob
Computer Technician

That is a very impressive glider, the paint job is awesome. Nice collection you have.

Oooooo post number 100 for me. Triple digits.
Mola Rob is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

This needs to be added to the Eagle Fleet review thread. Is there anyway of getting this magnificent lot over there. Jorge, some really wonderful stuff there. I'd just love to get one of those launch pads. And those 23"s I hope the 23" lab pod actually appears. You'll just have to pick another standard one and get a pod for it if the lab pod fails to show up.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
tx4
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletransporter View Post
tx4, I don’t have any construction skills either. Most of the models that you see here were bought or commissioned to professional modelers like Jim Small, Mike Reader, Robert Hobby (“Eagle-1”) and Alfred Wong. Some were “picked-up” on eBay or directly bought at the usual well-known places like Comet, Fabgear USA, etc.
That little glider is a true gem of a model and yes, it comes equipped with the access tube and even a hatch! Jim Small still sells them.
Indeed you’re right, I have two Airfix Hawks in my collection…nicely spotted!
Thanks, and thank you for the information. I think I figured most were store-bought, and it sounded like you got the glider from somewhere, but I thought maybe there were no gliders to be had any more or something. I've just started collecting more, so I don't really have a good feel yet for what is all out there to be found, and have to admit I have not looked very hard yet because I've been doing a lot of other series-related stuff too. I did read that the lift platform was damaged in transit; that is too bad.

Your second note with the full case worth of a collection looks excellent too.

I noticed you have some airliner models. I have actually collected quite a few more of those myself than Eagles. I have several dozen of the airliners, mostly at the 3-5" range, but some up to 10-12" and a couple at ~14-18" -- most on display. I should probably take a few pictures before the Eagles start crowding some of them out (maybe I'll see if there is an airliners thread in the proper off topic section here). I also have a Space Shuttle stack as well. It seems I like collecting flying machines!

That Lunar Module and the Lunar Rover look great too. What is that booster pack (?) to the right of the LM?

What is that ship between the Millenium Falcon and the Enterprise? Is that from another Gerry Anderson series?

Oh, I forgot to ask earlier.... What is the "SAW dorsal booster pack" that you have on one of the Eagles? Though partially reminiscent of the booster from "The Metamorph," this is a very different configuration that I don't recognize, and I don't know what "SAW" means.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #13
tx4
Medical Technician

Eagletransporter: I also just figured out your avatar is a photo of the your landing pad and Kaldorian ship from above. I was wondering before where that image came from (I previously thought it might be a computer-generated image or a perspective I couldn't recall seeing in "Earthbound").

Robbin 9: congratulations on 100!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Hi again tx4!

"What is the "SAW dorsal booster pack" that you have on one of the Eagles? Though partially reminiscent of the booster from "The Metamorph," this is a very different configuration that I don't recognize, and I don't know what "SAW" means."

SAW stands for Small Art Works, Jim Small’s “little” shop of wonders!

http://www.smallartworks.ca/

The unassembled spine booster (for the 22”/23” Eagles) that you see on my photo is also Jim’s. When built and finished it will be a nice scaled reproduction of the original prop seen on the Metamorph episode.
Jim still produces the spine booster but only for the 12” Eagles.

On the “Custom Accessories and Kits” section you will find the Glider model (in two scales) along with a bunch of other cool models.

http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/Space1999/Space1999.html

Also, Jim will eventually start a limited production of the side booster for our 12” Eagles.

“I also just figured out your avatar is a photo of the your landing pad and Kaldorian ship from above”

Bingo!...this Kaldorian ship was also a Jim Small fine model, sadly no longer available:

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k1fg1.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k2qb5.jpg

"What is that ship between the Millenium Falcon and the Enterprise? Is that from another Gerry Anderson series?"

That’s the Airfix Starcruiser 1:

http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=st011dr.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ph100368ie.jpg

“That Lunar Module and the Lunar Rover look great too. What is that booster pack (?) to the right of the LM?”

That’s the original (and single survivor) side booster prop used on the series. Not long ago I’ve opened the following thread dedicated to it:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...e+booster+prop

Well tx4, I hope this info and pics will help you a little…and more importantly, managed to fuel your enthusiasm!

Thank you very much for your interest,

Jorge

PS: Forgot to mention minimodelmadness.com, a cool website offering lots of Space: 1999 models, including the glider and the moonbuggy. Worth checking!

http://minimodelmadness.com/store/index.php?cPath=27

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 10-11-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #15
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx4 View Post
I noticed you have some airliner models. I have actually collected quite a few more of those myself than Eagles. I have several dozen of the airliners, mostly at the 3-5" range, but some up to 10-12" and a couple at ~14-18" -- most on display. I should probably take a few pictures before the Eagles start crowding some of them out (maybe I'll see if there is an airliners thread in the proper off topic section here).
Indeed you’re right, like me there’s a fair number of other airliners and fighter planes enthusiasts among us here and it would be great if you could take some pictures of your airliner fleet.
You may post your pictures on the “A Matter of Balance” section (Recreation and Dining Complex).

I’ve got a fair number of commercial airliners at different scales, mainly 1:400 (Jet-X, Dragon, Starjets, etc…). I’m currently collecting the A380s and I badly want Thai’s version! I’ll post some pics soon!
Cheers!
Jorge

Old 11-11-2007, 06:36 AM   #16
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
Also, Jim will eventually start a limited production of the side booster for our 12” Eagles.
... is this confirmed ?
ostrein is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrein View Post
... is this confirmed ?
No, I believe nothing is confirmed yet, but the odds are good and it’s just a matter of time before Jim or someone else (see booster interest thread) decides to start production.
Tschuess!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
Garuda
Eagle Pilot

Congratulations to your new additions, Jorge!

As always, your photos are beautiful. The "night shots" with pad lights on are incredible.
Garuda is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #19
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Thank you very much Garuda. My Christmas came a little early this year!
Cheers!
Jorge
Old 13-11-2007, 03:34 AM   #20
tx4
Medical Technician

Quote:
SAW stands for Small Art Works, Jim Small’s “little” shop of wonders!
[....]
On the “Custom Accessories and Kits” section you will find the Glider model (in two scales) along with a bunch of other cool models.
[....]
Well tx4, I hope this info and pics will help you a little…and more importantly, managed to fuel your enthusiasm!
Jorge,

Yes, it has definitely helped. Finding a source for the glider, alone, is definitely further fuel, not to mention all the other information! Thanks for all of it, as it is all very helpful.

An original (and now the only original) side booster prop from the series? Too cool!

Regarding my fleet of models of real-life aircraft, I took some pictures a few days ago and just now completed a post for them in Matter of Balance, namely Aircraft Fleet Review. I don't have any A-380's yet. Yes, I would like to see your pics as well; please feel free to post there too if you want -- and anyone else too for that matter!