Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > The Monitor

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Bionicman
Hydroponics Technician

Default Are Reynolds & Hearn still in business?

I may have missed trick, but are R&H still publishing the excellent Century 21 comic reprint books? Their web site appears to have vanished and even Amazon are now saying the 2011 annual is not going to available...
Bionicman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
andersonitis
Forum Supporter

I ordered this very same book in early July thru ebay & didn't read the micro print saying the book was coming end August as you only have 1 month or 45days to claim I put a claim in
You may find this interesting
I ordered a book thru R & H a few months ago (completely different book)& it took a while to recieve it, reason for delay was that R & H was going into liquidation
in the meantime I struck up email contact with 1 of the owners in fact I asked him if I could go round his house as I thought I might get me some rare stuff (hardly anything)

He told me that The century 21 book was not coming out So I was glad that I got my money back & he was the owner telling me that
But he said there was a slim possibility that it might come out
My friend in early September ordered the book thru ebay & I groaned when he told me, guess what he is still waiting now
I have a pic of vol 5 of the classic comic strips from the world of Gerry Anderson (unreleased) & its got Sky 1 on the cover
also R & H had planned a Look in edition with the strips of Space 1999
also I have alternative artwork for Vol 2 or 3 which had a Thunderbird 3 cover
andersonitis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

R&H are indeed over and done with but one of the two guys is in the process of setting up alone and the CENTURY 21 books look set to continue pretty much as before it seems

http://www.signumbooks.com/index.htm
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Bionicman
Hydroponics Technician

I lost my money for Vol.4 as I paid months in advance and when I chased it Paypal wouldn't even look into it because it was over 45 days since the transaction!
Good to hear the books may continue to come out, I loved those big hardback editions.
Thanx for the help :+}
Bionicman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote