Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 29-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Default Retro Space Station

On July 27, 1960, Space Station 7 became operational. Five years alter a spacedock was added to support shuttles and moonships. In the previous years a full docking was not possible, and crews were ferried over in space taxis. The station today has not only a stationary docking area, but an observatory, large gyroscopes, full environmental controls, and a powerful reactor that supplies the station with all the power it needs. Space Station 7 is one of a fleet of stations maintained by National Council of Aeronautics and supports the ongoing conquest of space...

Well, history did not turn out that way, but we can still imagine a world where the push into space got a good and early start. This is my variation on the Lindberg kit, using a lot of parts from the Von Braun Rocket kit and a handful of other parts. A tiny moonship was also constructed to complete the scene. The wheel portion rotates while the dock remains stationary.

Here's a link to the photos, along with a few shots of some of my models:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/tsmith1999/
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Soft spot for Space Stations....

I like it....

The Werner Von Braun style of design is one of my favourites....

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Thanks! The wheel station is a good design. I wish someone would build a real wheel station, as it would be a great way to mitigate the effects of zero-g on the human body. We will need to be experts in making centripical force work for us for long duration missions.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote