Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
fab1
Communications Officer

Default Pictures of Apollo sites from Earth

All these weird ideas that man didnt land on the moon, if I worked for NASA I would publish shots from the earth of the landing sites.
So why havent they?

I have just purchased a seek and find telescope, surely with the right co ordinates I could see a flag flapping or not in a crater up there in the yonder.

Any ideas ???

Graham
fab1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
w8cmp
Science Officer

Now you would have thought if they trained the Hubble on it surely they could see things in detail. But apparently not...

I do recall seeing some images showing the landing sites, and trails left by the astronauts, but not in particularly high res detail.

And after a quick search, here is one page

And another with better, more recent images

Last edited by w8cmp; 05-11-2010 at 05:42 PM.
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
JD
Medical Officer

Man, don't tell the c-nuts if you see anything flapping on the Moon...

It's only recently that NASA had an orbiter around the Moon using high enough resolution to make out the sites. There's a thread here somewhere, probably started by VTracy, linking to some pics where you can actually see the soil disturbed on the Apollo 12 EVAs.

I'm not sure on the specs but even if Hubble had the resolution it's viewing time is far too valuable to waste fuelling a 'debate' on a non-issue. The c-nuts would just 'debunk' any solid proof anyway. They see what they want to see!

You can't reason with the unreasonable...
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Don't show them this either, it's my daughter stood next to the mocked up LM, that's now secretly stored in a really dark room in the bowels of the London Science museum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dr Who Live 09102010 056.jpg (91.1 KB, 68 views)
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Sadly I've got a friend that falls into this camp, and it's all I can do not to tell him how stupid this whole business is. He's a decent human being, so I don't want to talk down to him. Not a shred of real evidence it was faked, though countless thousands worked on the Apollo project (Many in my state, including a German friend's dad who worked on the IMU ring of 15), man made reflectors on the surface, high rez photos of all the landing sites available as of last year....the list goes on an on of proof of history happening. I imagine one day descendants of these guys going to the moon, seeing the actual landing sites with their own eyes, and still saying it was faked! A giant Duh for mankind!
We went there, repeatedly, it's history, get over it!
(I think NASA does not work overtime to prove what they already know happened. And they really stink at public relations. IT's all kind of like that great B5 Vorlon statement...The truth points to itself.)
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Knight1966 nice photo of the Lunar Module with your daughter. You both must have enjoyed that day at the London Science Museum. Showing history to the next generation is great.

I was a young boy five to nine years old and watched all the missions 11,12,13(),
14,15,16,17 as they were televised from 1969-1972.

I was disappointed when Apollo 18, 19 and 20 were canceled.

The Apollo Moon Landings happened, people have to deal with it.

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 06-11-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
healvis
Communications Officer

Even the ground based telescopes on Earth which are much more powerful than hubble cannot see the detail of the landings. Hubble is way outside the atmosphere so it doesn't have any light pollution or adaptive optics issues, apart from the expensive pair of glasses that had to be built for it. The people who don't believe in the Moon landings are usually the same people who believe in Alien cover-ups. Now there's irony for you.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by healvis View Post
...The people who don't believe in the Moon landings are usually the same people who believe in Alien cover-ups. Now there's irony for you.
That is a good point.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #9
CessnaDriver
Hydroponics Technician

The LRO images are astonishing in detail.

Anyone seriously entertaining this hoax crap is ignorant or a fool.
OR worse, trying to make money off lies and the blood of men who died to see humanity reach another world.

Denying history is a VERY dangerous thing. Be it our worst or greatest moments. I take it quite seriously.

Last edited by CessnaDriver; 07-11-2010 at 06:16 AM.
CessnaDriver is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
Doomsday
Communications Officer

Nice photo.
What is it?
See? If I said I had a photo of a flying saucer and it was of that standard I would be shouted down and the photo debunked, as the photo is crap.
Like somebody said, you see what you want to see.

People have never denied robot stuff has landed on the Moon.
Just people.
Russians have loads of Moon samples, but they have never been there.

Just saying, like......
Doomsday is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
CessnaDriver
Hydroponics Technician

It is the descent stage left behind by Apollo 11 imaged by the LRO orbiting the moon right now. An entire new generation of hoaxers would have to be in on it too to continue the hoax. LOL

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR..._apollo11.html

You can see four landing pads and even the trails left by the astronauts and experiments they left behind.

Some functioned for years afterwards, one still functions today.

It happened exactly as it was reported.

Ignorance is a choice. Being a fool I suppose is not something that can be righted easily.

You cannot fake telemetry from the moon. Doppler shift, signal direction and strength.
The Russians would have loved to have called foul. But they didn't I guess they wanted to be in on the hoax.
And the Australians must have been in on it too. They recieved much telemetry helping NASA too.

The fact is, if your going through all the trouble to build huge rockets and launch them, massive contracts to build landers and other support hardware with tens of thousands of people involved. You might as well just do it for real, it would be much easier
then faking it, faking it is factually impossible.

And why fake it NINE TIMES?????

Six landings and 3 orbital missions.

And one is a near disaster! Let's fake effing up too!

My god man. The level of ignorance or willful idiocy to entertain this history denying is beyond my ability to understand. Where is any logical thought????

But I will strongly oppose it because it is just as horrible as denying the holocaust.

There is no excuse to spread lies or worse.... be silent when they are spread.

It's disturbing anyone even considers such garbage.

Six landing sites and I suppose the plan was that nobody would ever go back again to see?

The hoax couldnt last very long could it? But billions spent anyways right?

You could transport someone to the landing sites and they would still scream hoax I suppose.

Last edited by CessnaDriver; 07-11-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
JD
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
If I said I had a photo of a flying saucer and it was of that standard I would be shouted down and the photo debunked, as the photo is crap.
Sure, if that was all there was, as is the case with every single UFO sighting ever!

The difference is that this LRO photo supports, confirms, and is consistant with literally millions of other pieces of hard evidence: photos, lunar samples, flown hardware. Not to mention the involvement of four hundred thousand individuals working directly on the programme! Ever tried keeping a secret between more than two people?

Apollo did just what it said on the box: land man on the Moon and bring him back. I'm all for freedom of speech, ideally, but there simply is no debate here, as there is no issue! That's why NASA doesn't answer the c-nuts. Because it doesn't have to.

As Gene Cernan said, "The truth needs no defense."
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #13
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

There are even people posting their disbelief of the photo you linked to, CessnaDriver...These idiots really anger me.

Dana
cmdrkoenig67 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 AM   #14
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab1 View Post
All these weird ideas that man didnt land on the moon, if I worked for NASA I would publish shots from the earth of the landing sites.
So why havent they?

I have just purchased a seek and find telescope, surely with the right co ordinates I could see a flag flapping or not in a crater up there in the yonder.

Any ideas ???

Graham
I hope you realize that such a thing is not possible...There is no way an itty bitty telescope here on Earth is going to be able to show you the NASA landing sites on the moon.

Dana
cmdrkoenig67 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #15
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Although history itself needs no defending in the end, it is also interesting the NASA gave full support to the movie C(r)apricorn One. They film crews went all over NASA property and used their hardware. Apparently they viewed it as only a movie.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #16
Doomsday
Communications Officer

Hey, I'm just looking at it from a not bothered attitude.
But CessnaDriver, you said,

"But I will strongly oppose it because it is just as horrible as denying the holocaust."

What is that statement about????!!!!

You cannot possibly compare some people questioning whether some people went to the Moon and the murder of 6 million humans.

It is in NO way as horrible as that.
That is a ridiculous statement.
Why get so upset at people questioning things.
I happen to think that we (probably) did go to the Moon.
It is only NASA's incompetence that has led to people doubting it all.

Oh, and in the photo, I see NO footprints.
Only a smudge.
Doomsday is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #17
CessnaDriver
Hydroponics Technician

You can't see individual footprints at that resolution. Maybe someday when the technology is better.
You can see the trails from the traverses they walked.

And it is horrible to deny the moon landing!

Because be it humanity's worst moments or our greatest we must never forget them!

To deny one of the greatest achievements of humanity is to rob generations of their birthright!
It is one of the most inspirational moments of all humankind. You don't cast doubt on that can of thing.
Children NEED to know that these things happened, that we can do them. It is so important. Be they good or bad.

We didn't probably go the moon. Humanity DID go. That is pure fact. Undeniable on any level. 12 men walked on the moon. I have personally met and spoke with several of them.

Last edited by CessnaDriver; 09-11-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
JD
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
You cannot possibly compare some people questioning whether some people went to the Moon and the murder of 6 million humans.
Of course not, but that's not the point being made here.

You absolutely can compare some people questioning the Moon landings to some people questioning the Holocaust. Both are irrefutable facts. Matters of historical record. Just because some minority questions something doesn't automatically relegate it to a 'probably'. Or do you say the Earth is 'probably' round? Or that people 'probably' built the pyramids?

There's a big difference between skepticism and cynicism. Only one is a sign of a healthy, inquiring mind.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #19
CessnaDriver
Hydroponics Technician

They don't compare because they are totally opposite ends of the spectrum of human behavior. What they do compare to is they both factually happened! That is the point.
There is no questioning the accuracy of history here. There is no doubt.
Both are just as important to humanity to remember and both should not be lied about.
Ever.

Again, how can we possibly know where we are going without knowing our history?

It's that important.

What if we miss inspiring some child because of this idiocy?

A child that could have fell in love with spaceflight and even helped create technology that benefits mankind?

Because some idiot network ran a "documentary" pimping this garbage?

Teachers have a hard enough time instilling awe in kids about science and exploration.

To diminish our history is to diminish US! it hurts humanity.

Lies about the holocaust means such things could happen again.

Lies about the Apollo missions means such things might not happen again.

For me it's no different then attempting a burning of the Library of Alexandria in peoples minds.

Last edited by CessnaDriver; 09-11-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

People deny the Moon Landings because they lack the intellect to understand what made it possible. There's always something incredibly distasteful about those who would deny the holocaust because it insults those who were victims of it. Similarly, denying the Moon Landings is to piss on probably man's greatest technological achievement, an event which for a small period, made the world feel as one. I'd think long and hard before voicing an opinion which has no validity and offends those involved at the same time. Disgrace is not too strong a word.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote