Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
David
Astrophysics Technician
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 258
Default Need a name for the home made model effects film

Hi folks,

Okay, I'm having a fair bit of trouble deciding what to call my film. Since you guys know where I'm coming from, I thought I'd ask "does anyone have any ideas?"

The film isn't really a normal kind of film - it doesn't have any characters, or acting, or a proper plot etc. It's really just an excuse to make some special effects - like a show reel I guess. The film simply shows Nasa's first manned mission to Mars - there and back.

I'm not sure wether to be honest and just call it "Model effects by David Ross," or wether to go for something like "2055" or "2055: A voyage to Mars" or something like that.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. If I use your idea I'll credit you for it of course.

edit...
some other ideas...
"To Mars in Miniature"
"Anohter Giant Leap"

Last edited by David; 09-05-2008 at 08:03 PM.
David is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
saturnapollo
Medical Officer
 
saturnapollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 2,704
Default

Mars:2055?

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
David
Astrophysics Technician
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
Mars:2055?

Keith
Cheers Keith! I quite like that one. Nice and short. Much better for designing the poster too. I'll have a wee think..
David is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer
 
Slate Mcleod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Merseyside, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Cheers Keith! I quite like that one. Nice and short. Much better for designing the poster too. I'll have a wee think..
Well based on the excellent parachute sequences I would have gone for the simple Splashdown" but as you have launch sequences in there as well it doesn't seem appropriate anymore. I presume there will be some space-shots in the film as well that haven't been filmed as yet??

Slate
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
David
Astrophysics Technician
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
Well based on the excellent parachute sequences I would have gone for the simple Splashdown" but as you have launch sequences in there as well it doesn't seem appropriate anymore. I presume there will be some space-shots in the film as well that haven't been filmed as yet??

Slate
There will also be space shots, yes, and these have actually already been filmed. All i've got left to do now is the shots taking place on the surface of Mars (Time's starting to get a bit tight to my deadline )
David is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
Bishop
Chief Science Officer
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Australia
Posts: 11,796
Default

Its a hard one, all the original names have been used.

Mars Shot? Flight to Mars? Mars: the first Generation Martian Odyssey? Black and Red? Beyond Earth? The new frontier? In Mysteron Country?
Martian storm clouds? To Mars and back? Martian Splash down? Return to Earth? Earth:Mars? Mars Ship?

(I rather like "In Mysteron Country" but your lecturers probably wouldn't get it.)
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
David
Astrophysics Technician
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
Its a hard one, all the original names have been used.

Mars Shot? Flight to Mars? Mars: the first Generation Martian Odyssey? Black and Red? Beyond Earth? The new frontier? In Mysteron Country?
Martian storm clouds? To Mars and back? Martian Splash down? Return to Earth? Earth:Mars? Mars Ship?

(I rather like "In Mysteron Country" but your lecturers probably wouldn't get it.)
Heh heh! "In Mysteron Country." I like it! Maybe I should work in a couple of Mysteron rings into one of my Mars shots!
David is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
RussellE
Astrophysics Technician
 
RussellE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Newport, Michigan, U.S.
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hi folks,

Okay, I'm having a fair bit of trouble deciding what to call my film. Since you guys know where I'm coming from, I thought I'd ask "does anyone have any ideas?"

The film isn't really a normal kind of film - it doesn't have any characters, or acting, or a proper plot etc. It's really just an excuse to make some special effects - like a show reel I guess. The film simply shows Nasa's first manned mission to Mars - there and back.

I'm not sure wether to be honest and just call it "Model effects by David Ross," or wether to go for something like "2055" or "2055: A voyage to Mars" or something like that.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. If I use your idea I'll credit you for it of course.

edit...
some other ideas...
"To Mars in Miniature"
"Anohter Giant Leap"
You wrote in paragraph 2, Mars - there and back

That catches Myself as a viewer. Unless the film
is an actual proposal for a planned mission in 2055, I'd drop the date.

Just My two cents.
RussellE is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #9
Fun Pod
Communications Officer
 
Fun Pod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 784
Default

The Lure of Mars

To Mars: A Chronicle

Target: Red Planet

Are you gonna go all Saul Bass on the title sequence? All the best, David.
Fun Pod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer
 
DX-SFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,094
Default

"Delta Vee"

"Target Mars"

"Carry On Astro"

"Pathfinder"

"Escape Velocity"

"I Know What You Did In Orbit"

"Sling Shot"
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
T70MkIII
Communications Officer
 
T70MkIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 792
Default

"Men are From Mars"
"100,000 MPH"
"Crossing the Belt"
"MarsPort"
"Stars on Mars"
"The Mars Problem"
"Chemical Trip to Mars"
"Assault on Mars"
T70MkIII is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
JD
Medical Officer
 
JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 3,312
Default

I've got it!!

"The Mission Ares Position"!

There! Perfect!... Sorry, it sounds like what...?

... oh...
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
Bishop
Chief Science Officer
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Australia
Posts: 11,796
Default

How about the 10 000 000 mile high clumb

"Carry on Astro"

David are you sure it was wise to ask us for titles
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
Liberator
Eagle Pilot
 
Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 541
Default

Mars Bars - No Chocolate

Mission Around a Red Star

The Red Wanderer

Isolated

Red Dust

The Fourth Planet

Blue to Red

Damn its not easy now is it?
Liberator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer
 
DX-SFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,094
Default

It's fascinating that you also picked two I thought of but ultimately rejected, Blue To Red and Red Dust.

Spooky.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Bishop
Chief Science Officer
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Australia
Posts: 11,796
Default

You really have to avoid Mission to Mars and Red planet.... Mission and red are the problems.

What's the name of the ship... you could use that...obviously not Capricornia 1 but the same idea
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
SC100B
Weapons Technician
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 142
Default

Destination: Mars

Update:
Just checked on google and it say its been used as the title for a spoof of Destination Moon

Last edited by SC100B; 11-05-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: update
SC100B is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #18
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer
 
Slate Mcleod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Merseyside, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,270
Default

RED DAWN
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
SC100B
Weapons Technician
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 142
Default

Mars Shot
SC100B is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #20
Stu73
Communications Officer
 
Stu73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 1,381
Default

Zelda's New Neighbours
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com