Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 17-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Default 'Humanoid Skull' - another Mars simulacrum

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...noid-skull.htm

Read on for some very entertaining speculation about 'automatic image tampering software', supposedly used to hide evidence of life on Mars.
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
CR
Science Officer

Without following the link...

Why the F*** would anyone try to hide evidence of a long-lost alien civilization?! "Hey, our budget keeps getting cut, we can't go to Mars in a grand way, only scratching the surface with a probe every now and then. But wiat, look! An alien artifact! Proof that we're not, or at least weren't, alone! What secrets might we uncover? Exotic technology? We must find out more! Oh, but wait... we don't want anyone finding out about this. Let's cover it up. We'll have it all to ourselves, but we won't be able to do anything about it. But at least we'll know."

But wait, maybe we do have the technology, but only a select few know about it. Because, you know, 'the Government' is so good at keeping secrets. And we're doing something with that tech, because we still fight conventional wars over conventional resources. Oh, and the aliens are in cahoots with 'the Government' too, which is how its still a secret. Yeah, that's it...

WTF?!
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
skiffy
Communications Officer

I followed the link... The human imagination is a wonderful thing.
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

I can't believe any intelligent person would waste their time on this sort of crap.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
CR
Science Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-SFX View Post
I can't believe any intelligent person would waste their time on this sort of crap.
I suppose I could have just said that. (But I had more fun ranting, just to show how stupid their very idea is.)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 17-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

You know me. Not afraid to tell it as it is.
Old 17-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
JD
Medical Officer

Human traits:

Persistence of Vision - fascinating!

Persistence of Stupidity - bloody irritating!
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Unfortunately, the human brain is designed to recognise faces as part of it's survival mechanism (spotting predators). It sees them everywhere whether it's car grilles or potato chips. Usually, the moment you tilt the image ninety degrees you can see it for what it is. It would be nice to tilt some of these conspiracy idiots at ninety degrees sometimes.
Old 18-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #9
Liberator
Eagle Pilot

Yeah faces of the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast and some other inaminate and interesting objects. People see what THEY want to see.

Like that old observation trick, get a group of ten people passing a ball between them. Ask an observer to count the number of passes made. Meanwhile a gorillia passes through the group. Ask the obesrver how many passes and did they notice anything unusual - typically they don't see the gorilla - only see what they want to see.
Liberator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #10
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

OMIGAWD! A rock with holes in it! Exciting.

Dana
cmdrkoenig67 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 18-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I'm convinced. But what I want to know is how did Hitler get SS men on to Mars in the first place. What this fellow hasn't told everyone is that that's actually an Italian SS man's cap badge. The secrets run much deeper than this guy knows.... but I know
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
cricket
Medical Officer

Well, this explains a lot, Tony. As she carefully tip-toes out of the room frantically looking about for a jacket with very long sleeves.....

cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
uncle bill
Astrophysics Technician

I found this rock on a beach in Norfolk, it is a perfect example of how the human mind looks for faces. I think it looks like Jack from nightmare before Christmas.
http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/galleri...0wRXyOk/large/
uncle bill is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
VTracy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Without following the link...

Why the F*** would anyone try to hide evidence of a long-lost alien civilization?! "Hey, our budget keeps getting cut, we can't go to Mars in a grand way, only scratching the surface with a probe every now and then. But wiat, look! An alien artifact! Proof that we're not, or at least weren't, alone! What secrets might we uncover? Exotic technology? We must find out more! Oh, but wait... we don't want anyone finding out about this. Let's cover it up. We'll have it all to ourselves, but we won't be able to do anything about it. But at least we'll know."

But wait, maybe we do have the technology, but only a select few know about it. Because, you know, 'the Government' is so good at keeping secrets. And we're doing something with that tech, because we still fight conventional wars over conventional resources. Oh, and the aliens are in cahoots with 'the Government' too, which is how its still a secret. Yeah, that's it...

I for one, believe. It's obvious from the picture that this was an "early" hominid species. He must have been hunting at the time as the rock directly across form the skull on the right appears to be that of a woolly mammoth with eyes and a large "nasal" opening.

This "hunt" must have occured on the banks of a shallow ocean as a sharks "fin" is also clearly visible towards the back, center.

Last edited by CR; 19-06-2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
VTracy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
VTracy
Eagle Pilot

It also appears these martians advanced to a higher form, at least to be able to enjoy Star Wars and video games.

Above the skull, clearly is a representation of the Jawa transport from star wars. From there, looking at the 1 o'clock position is a "pac-man" rock. Then again, 1 o'clock from pac-man, is without a doubt Darth Vaders helmut!!

Incontrovertable people!
VTracy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 18-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #16
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Quite!

I followed the link but was less than convinced by the 'evidence'.Really, these conspiracy-obsessed people should get out more and interact with real life!

Apart from the subjective evidence of what appears to be represented, where's the data on how large this object is? It could be human skull sized or
any size to be honest without a reference. As for the 'tampering' that this guy bangs on about, I'm more likely to believe degradation of the image quality due to dust on the lens, transmission glitches or a whole host of simple and acceptable factors.

As for the second picture featuring a pond, ditch, etc - frankly I wondered if I was even looking at the same image that he was describing!

Now back to my Fortean Times...

Phil.
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #17
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

There are only so many ways to describe the conspiracy theorists.

1. They're incredibly thick.

2. They have a book they're trying to sell to people who are incredibly thick.
Old 18-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
Howard
Deputy Commander

That honestly made me laugh.
Too true.
Howard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
skiffy
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-SFX View Post
There are only so many ways to describe the conspiracy theorists.

1. They're incredibly thick.

2. They have a book they're trying to sell to people who are incredibly thick.
Sadly the modern western world revolves around 'retail wish-fulfillment'.
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #20
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

I suppose, like Thunderbirds, there's a new generation to introduce to this tosh every few years*. I remember Chariots of the Gods being published when I was at school and suddenly everyone was looking for aliens in ancient places. Then there was the Bermuda Triangle.

It all subsided, then I saw Erich von Daniken's books reprinted and on sale again a few years ago - here we go again I thought.

I suppose the recent Indiana Jones film hasn't helped either.

Phil

PS - if you really want a stream of lunacy, try reading a David Icke book. Now there's a man smart enough to sell books of drivel to people who 'want to believe'. I hadn't laughed out loud so much in ages.

*I'm NOT saying Thunderbirds is tosh, just this ancient-spaceman hokum.

Last edited by pjskeldon; 18-06-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: To clear up possible ambiguity - TB rocks!
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote