Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 19-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
dazzo
Eagle Pilot

Default Favorite toys or stuff from childhood

whats everybodys fave stuff toys etc that you treasured as a child?,for me it was action man,dinky/corgi cars and a small bendy captain scarlet that perished,not forgetting major matt mason.
dazzo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
alienation
Eagle Pilot

Mine was my plastic dinosaurs, until a teacher convinced my parents to take them away since they made me think about evolution.
alienation is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
JericoEagle1
Medical Technician

When I was real little it was a model of Snoopy from the Peanuts Cartoon Strip. He came with a vinyl/cardboard Sopwith Camel. I played with that thing so much I wore the paint off of it.
JericoEagle1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Mines got to be the Husky Batmobile, Corgi Batmobile, and Green Hornet car (I still have) and a golden cowboy gun the Dinky TB2 as well.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
Galactica53
Medical Technician

MY Gi-Joe USS FLAGG Aircraft Carrier and my F-14 Skystriker with all my Joe Figures
Galactica53 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #6
Hawk
Communications Officer

Anyone remember Billy Blastoff? The little boy astronaut from the late 60's? I can remember mimic-ing Armstrong's every move on the moon with my Billy Blastoff...

(I've talked about that so much that a friend of mine bought me a battered Billy toy off of eBay for Christmas...a new project! Restoring him as best I can.)
Hawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
eagleman
Astrophysics Technician

My brother and I played with a GI Joe space capsule. I think we also had toy Eagles from "Space:1999". Seems like we had both S99 and "Star Trek" action figures. I think my brother also had a model of the USS Enterprise. I had Snoopy also.
eagleman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #8
mrpsychopath
Communications Officer

Talking

cowboy kid, lone ranger,action man to name but a few and they are all still here.
mrpsychopath is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
TVC21
Life Support Officer

Anybody got any pics to post? There seems a lot of interest in Major Matt on the forum (a good thing!) and I know there`s some serious collectors on here. My Mrs bought me a Mattel Sea Devil (remember them?) for my birthday, if people want to see it. So come on and show us what you got!!
TVC21 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
dazzo
Eagle Pilot

i had a billy blast off a scuba diver one,managed to get a bendy scarlet a few years ago,will post a pic of it.

Old 20-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
skiffy
Communications Officer

Mine was micronauts:

I also loved my denys fisher android. He had a chest which opened with a removable missile launcher inside. Very cool for the times.

My 'holy grail' was the action man talking spacesuit and mercury capsule - which I didn't get until a lot, lot later...

Last edited by skiffy; 20-12-2008 at 12:07 PM.
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
Troy
Medical Technician

Depends what stage of childhood you are talking about.

Pre school: I loved Lego, Marbles and Matchbox cars.

Infant school: When I went to infant schools somebody gave me a hand-me-down castle that was the right size for Timpo figures and I used to play with that a lot. Think I got my Dinky TB2 around that time so that was probably where the whole Anderson thing started.

Primary school: I just wanted to play football, so I suppose my leather football was favourite for a while, along with my bike. Then Action Man came into my life at around the time Colditz was on TV. He escaped from more prison camps than you've had hot dinners.

Secondary school: Scalextic was top of the list for two or three years. I remember getting an electronics kit at about the age of 13 and thinking 'this present really sucks'. Then I started using it and couldn't put it down and that probably the catalyst for my career today.
Troy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
mrpsychopath
Communications Officer

Talking some collection pics

this is the post ex wife cull pics of some of my collection

sorry for the large post guys, there are lots off pics.
mrpsychopath is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
dazzo
Eagle Pilot

great collection John
Old 20-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Some great stuff being discussed here and displayed too. I guess the things I collect now is the same as the stuff I played with as a kid from the age of about 3 to maybe 10 or so. Obviously being a 1960s kid that means ACTION MAN, MAJOR MATT MASON, Mego stuff, MARK STRONG and of course almost anything to do with TV shows I like so PLANET OF THE APES, THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., DR WHO, STAR TREK, BATMAN, LOST IN SPACE and of course above all the Anderson shows. I'd love to see any vintage 1960s or 1970s stuff you fellas have and the SEA DEVILS figures would be great as I know very little about them.

I guess this is my favourite Anderson stuff. There are guys who collect specific shows but as my interest covers all of them I have tended over the years to get what I consider the nicest pieces for each of the programmes I like. Anyway do post your stuff too it is nice to see the other rare things out there in peoples collections. Great thread.

As a fan of Major Matt Mason as a kid and as a collector now I like this little set up of the little guy and other Astronauts or 'Space-men' too. A modest collection compared to some but I have all the humans in the MMM line including an all white rubber Matt and a decent condition Jeff Long too. None craded but nice to display. Never had the station as a kid so getting one now was a real thrill for me.

Last edited by Jim Lewis; 20-12-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #16
Huntsman
Astrophysics Technician

I swear, one of the astronauts from the last pic on the left looks very much like Kirk...
Huntsman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
dazzo
Eagle Pilot

Wow Jim, a truly impressive collection there!
Old 20-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
Hawk
Communications Officer

Nice! Is that a 2001 astronaut in silver up at the top?
Hawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Thanks for the interest and comments guys. Yep there is indeed a Kirk in there from Playmates in the classic series space suit and the little guy on the top is a Clavius Astronaut from the Spanish Madelman range. They did a figure in the early 1970s which goes for mental money but this is the re-issue from about five years back but even he goes pretty high now when they are available but I am pleased to have him on display. Thanks again and please do post your old stuff too.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
Retroboy
Astrophysics Technician

Jim , that's a splendid collection , I too owned many of the items shown in those pictures when I was younger , including the amazing Johnny Seven gun and Billy Blast Off . Sure warming the old heart seeing these , keep them coming guys .
Retroboy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote