Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Default '2001' Cadbury ad, from 1986

came across this, thought you guys would like to see it

Mike
Mike Delamar is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Nice Mike, that is a novelty. I wonder how annoyed Stanley Kubrick was during that period of 1986 it aired. The production design looks good, I wonder if that was a restored spacesuit or scratchbuilt, and where is it today? Maybe it was reused from the sequel 2010 movie(1984) ?

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 02-12-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I don't remember seeing that before, mind you I have all on remembering what I did last week, so I may just have seen it previously.

Incidentally the 'Caramilk' bar looks to be the predecessor to the more recent Cadbury 'Caramel' bar, it looks virtually identical.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
starshine
Life Support Technician

Thanks for posting that. Got that saved on my computer. They did wonderful ads for sci-fi films in the 80's
starshine is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
Nice Mike, that is a novelty. I wonder how annoyed Stanley Kubrick was during that period of 1986 it aired. The production design looks good, I wonder if that was a restored spacesuit or scratchbuilt, and where is it today? Maybe it was reused from the sequel 2010 movie(1984) ?
Wow, never seen that either.....and very well executed! the suit is DEFINATELY FROM 2010. I have a copy of one of the helmets, from the original moulds, and there are differences to the black panel at the back. i understand that prior to 2010, a highly modified 2001 helmet was used in another film (titan find maybe), and that they got one of those and reverse engineered it....but the configeration of the black panel musta past them by. i it was greg jein (close encounters et all),that made them.

anyone know how to frame capture fron u tube?

anyhow. here's a coupla picsof my 2010

here is a pic of the real aircraft joystick they used for the spacesuit chestpacks and control grips in the moondus. they where also used in the cockpit set of the interceptor in ufo. i acquired these from the same company that supplied 2001, and blow mw...when i called him (after a tip off...chris trice i THINK) to askabout them, the guy said..."yeah, i remember supplying those...in fact i still have a few left, cos they didn;t buy all the ones i bought in for them" was i luck or what?
incidently i have a mould of this if anyone want;s a casting

phil

Last edited by deraenged; 09-04-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: GRAHAMMER
deraenged is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
marty_hopkirk
Astrophysics Technician

It's part of a joystick from a DH Vampire.

Marty...
marty_hopkirk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
delta tango
Astrophysics Technician

Thanks for posting that advert. I remember during the mid 70's, I saw an advert I think it was for Maltesers, where S.I.D. from U.F.O. was used as a manned space station!
delta tango is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote