Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 13-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
akoenig
Astrophysics Technician

Default The EAGLE of your dreams...

There is a question for you fellow Alphans...

If MONEY and SPACE were no objection... which Eagle model would you like to own? It looks like a silly question, but believe me, it's not. Your answer will be useful to trace a pattern (probably not a commercial one, but who knows who's listening out there?) of tastes and choices from our community.

So, it could be a hyperdetailed 12" version with complete interior... or a three meters monster suspended from the ceiling... or maybe... it's up to you in fact! Be sensible, thou... but include all functions and features you'd like to see in your dream Eagle model.

I already have a guess about the main answer, but we could learn some nice lessons here...

Who's first?
akoenig is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I imagine many may opt for the 44" with lots of detail, and the opportunity for scratch building interiors if one wanted... that sort of thing. Personally I'd probably go for a top notch 22" of the same sort. The size still allows great detail and room for other props. Think I'd like the option of different pods so I could have the main ones and a spine booster thrown in.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
akoenig
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_D View Post
I would go for a full size beak cabin, corridor and pod interior.
You did say money and space was no object!!
And I mean it! Did you know someone called Lew Place did this in his attic?
Old 13-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
w8cmp
Science Officer

I would like a detailed 44" similar to the original Eagle 1, but with perhaps some more believable (i.e. less recognisable as simple kit parts) detailing around the corridors etc.

I would also like 44" version of Eagle 2 & 3, each with different pods, and some extra pods thrown in to allow the full selection to be displayed. I would also need the spine booster, side boosters and all other attachments / accessories etc shown in the series.

They would all need to be painted similar to the original models as far as possible - in their early days on the show - before they got sloppy with the weathering.

With a full compliment of 44" Eagles, I'd be happy to sell some of the other, less accurate, replicas I have...

Chris
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I am with Chris on this one if am completely honest, although the 1/1 Beak Command section would be cool too.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
skiffy
Communications Officer

I'd go with a super detailed 22" with full interiors, lighting, working suspension, maybe even working jets (Compressed air perhaps). I'd also like a poseable crew with dress uniforms, spacesuits and maybe even an RC moonbuggy in the pod

I must admit, the 44" seems too big to fly around the room - and I'm such a big kid that I'd love to be able to do that.
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Just plain and simple for me, 44'' or 22'' Transporter or Rescue version, sorry to be un-imaginative, I could go for lighting/figures/ interior etc
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Transporter
Life Support Officer

1. A 1:1 scale accurate, accessable Eagle with full interior. Not really working (flying) but looking perfect. This should be exhibited in front of a realistic looking artificial moonscape. Of course a huge annual Eagletransporter.com reunion/party would take place there, where we all would meet. The whole setup would be rented for a remake of the series for a price that would justify its cost.

2. More realistic and I am working on this one....let's see how far I will get...A 44" model with full interior detail and lighting - also the landing lights. It also should have realistic engine sound and perfect figures of Koenig, Carter, Dr. Russel, Maya, etc. and some guys and girls in space suit to go with it.
It should have accurate landing legs (like those of DX-SFX) and many accessoires (Access stairs, Boosters, Laser, Glider etc., etc.).
The pods should be exchangable. One pod of each should be available. The doors should be functional including their sound!!! (don't know how this would work ). The whole Eagle should not be too heavy but still tough.
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
cricket
Medical Officer

A perfect 22" rescue Eagle for me, with fully detailed and working interior. A few Alphans dressed in Y1 uniforms, a few in spacesuits. Sounds effects are a must.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
antias
Travel Tube Technician

Im agree with Claire. Was my first thought too.
But a complete 1:1 Egale would be great.

Wanna go for a flight?

Matthias
antias is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Howard
Deputy Commander

Eagle 1, 22", early season one detailing - original engine plumbing layout.
Fixed transporter pod, switch on the underside for cockpit lighting.
Aluminium bells and sensor dishes.
Sprung landing legs.
Moon surface base.
Acrylic case, like the MR blaster cases.

Of course, all the above in 44" if I had the space, but at the moment my room's a little cramped.
Hopefully that will change soon.
Howard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
It should have accurate landing legs (like those of DX-SFX)
... but not as hairy.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

er yes. If I was to have a 1:1 eagle it would have to be a working ship. Couldn't stand having to sit there spitting at the windscreen to make the noises.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
Galactica53
Medical Technician

exact replica of the 44 inch shooting mini made from all the same materials same parts paint everything. Working jets and lights also cant forget those

Cameron
Galactica53 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 14-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
Fozzy
Computer Technician

Quote:
1. A 1:1 scale accurate, accessable Eagle with full interior. Not really working (flying) but looking perfect. This should be exhibited in front of a realistic looking artificial moonscape. Of course a huge annual Eagletransporter.com reunion/party would take place there, where we all would meet. The whole setup would be rented for a remake of the series for a price that would justify its cost.

2. More realistic and I am working on this one....let's see how far I will get...A 44" model with full interior detail and lighting - also the landing lights. It also should have realistic engine sound and perfect figures of Koenig, Carter, Dr. Russel, Maya, etc. and some guys and girls in space suit to go with it.
It should have accurate landing legs (like those of DX-SFX) and many accessoires (Access stairs, Boosters, Laser, Glider etc., etc.).
The pods should be exchangable. One pod of each should be available. The doors should be functional including their sound!!! (don't know how this would work ). The whole Eagle should not be too heavy but still tough.
Don't forget the moonbuggy that would set out front and be fully functional!
Fozzy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
EagleNut
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Don't forget to ask the Doctor if he can share some of his TARDIS multidimensional secrets, to make the insides matching perfectly with the outside...

And even if MONEY was not a problem, not sure if engaging the high-tech engineers to make a morking Eagle.......................................
...............would not be just a complete time waste for an inefficient design
EagleNut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #18
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Nanu, Nanu!

Shazbat!
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
akoenig
Astrophysics Technician

C'mon pals, we're debating Eagles of our DREAMS...
Old 15-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
Fozzy
Computer Technician

It may be an inefficient design, but can you imagine the looks on your co-workers face when you land in the parking lot? Or the air-traffic controllers comment when you identify yourself as Eagle 5 and request a climb out to orbital altitude? I would just about give anything for that! ! !
Fozzy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote