Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 29-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Database of Eagle Transporter Kitbashing Parts

If I am reinventing the wheel then ignore this post.

Is it possible to have a spreadsheet reference of which kit parts were used on which studio miniatures?

I don't mind doing the work if someone (or one's) could send me the information. I still find it confusing as to exactly what edition of which Tamiya/Airfix/Revell kit, in what scale was used exactly where and on which studio miniature (or whatever). It makes the buying process from places like eBay a whole lot easier and cheaper.

I have noticed that lots of "side" model information (that part was also used on XYZ model) has been posted but it's difficult to keep track and I really want to. I build models other than Eagles quite often (my second favourite series is UFO), this information would make building those models easier too.

So I am asking that we database the known parts and I will collate the information for a kitbashing section on this site.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
MkIXHawk
Communications Officer

Hopefully, this will help a bit:

http://www.studioscale.com/kitscans.htm
MkIXHawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Captainplaid
Astrophysics Technician

I think this is a wonderful idea of finally having a listing of all the kit bits used on many of the Anderson vehicles. If your still up to working at this let me know and i will post what i know with jpgs. Plaid out
Captainplaid is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 04:34 AM   #4
RED ALERT
Waste Technician

I think this would be a great idea too. That studioscale site is very interesting isn't it. Would be fantastic to have that for Space:1999 instead of the Millineum Falcon. I'm sure several of those kits would have been used for 99?

RA
RED ALERT is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2005, 06:01 AM   #5
Captainplaid
Astrophysics Technician

Howdy RA,

I totally agree with ya Sir, purhaps finally there will be no more guess work or much head banging. As to what exact kits and scale we need to find in order to remake a studio scaled model. As far as eagles go Mr. Trice could add volumes to what actually went on kit bit wise on eagles. Others here as well will be able to solve manyyyy missing bits. Plus regarding U.F.O. and other Anderson designs this would be a first. I am going to try and contact Captain Sci - fi who began this thread and see if he is still really interested and then we can see if this could be reposted anew and get everyones attention will have to see what the boss here says.
I personally don't know alot in regard to eagle detail bits other than EMA stuff used, but in regard to U.FO. i know a fair bit and also which kits the decals were used from. Merry xmas and happy trails from mike
Captainplaid is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Elric
Astrophysics Technician

I was going to start a new thread but as this one already exists...

I've seen lists that just say what kits were used but not which parts.

It would be a nice idea if those in the know could contribute, and those with instruction sheet scans/pics etc. could supply links to illustrate them.

I'll try and do my bit where I can.

Then we could make a database/spreadsheet of parts used in the studio models.

These lists below are from the Yahoo Group - space1999modelers and might make a good starting point. To be fair any updates to the list could be posted back there. I'll do it!

I know sharing info like this can sometimes be contentious, not sure why but it is. So I hope I'm not treading on anyones toes or kindling any feuds here

I would hope that we can all share and share alike.

[Admin edit]: Due to a complaint from a member of other Space 1999 forums, I have removed this detail as requested.
Elric is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
Styrofoam_Guy
Life Support Technician

Now is there a way we could match the kit and part number to that particular part of the model?

We could have a drawing of the entire eagle and each section broken down into finer detail and then label each part from the kit and part number they came from.

Alex
Styrofoam Guy
Styrofoam_Guy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #8
Eagle-1

Elric,

No problem from me (I AM Space:1999 Modelers YAHOO Group) and any updates here WOULD be nice there....Thank you.

Styrofoam_Guy,

Yes, there IS a way to place each kit part with each model, but you might not like it.................

Buy the models listed.

There are more than those kits listed involved too, but once you have all those listed, I'll update your list.

I'm not being sarcastic either. You may just be surprised as to how many of those kits contain only 1 single part you'll need. Then again, some contain many.

Rob.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
Styrofoam_Guy
Life Support Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1
Elric,

No problem from me (I AM Space:1999 Modelers YAHOO Group) and any updates here WOULD be nice there....Thank you.

Styrofoam_Guy,

Yes, there IS a way to place each kit part with each model, but you might not like it.................

Buy the models listed.

There are more than those kits listed involved too, but once you have all those listed, I'll update your list.

I'm not being sarcastic either. You may just be surprised as to how many of those kits contain only 1 single part you'll need. Then again, some contain many.

Rob.
Maybe I was not clear with what I wanted to do.

Say there was a scratch building map of the Eagle and this map is broken down into 8 parts. (hopefully that makes sense)

To spread out the cost of buying kits, yet still be able to work on the model I would start with part 1 first (as an example it could be the upper front area under the back brace)

The map would show me what each part was and what kit they came from.

I can then concentrate on getting those kits. When I have all those kits I can start on this area of the model that needs kit parts.

At the same time I could be collecting kits from other parts. As I get all the kits I need for each section I can build that section.

This way I can purchase kits as well as build at the same time, instead of waiting until I get every kit on the list before I can start building.

Alex
Styrofoam Guy
Styrofoam_Guy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
Elric
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1
Elric,

Rob.
Thank you Rob, that was always my intention

How would you prefer updates? Placed in the Files section once a month?
Whatever you prefer is fine.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #11
Elric
Astrophysics Technician

To get the ball rolling I've placed instruction sheet scans for the Airfix 1/144 Saturn V and Airfix 1/72 Lunar Module here for reference.

http://usera.imagecave.com/crystalin...-fi_modelling/

I'm no expert so feel free to correct me! and of course please add more info

Copyright Notice: Materials contained within this section are copyrighted by the respective kit manufacturers. This section is not an authorized publication of the manufacturers represented and does not intend to infringe on any of their copyrights, trademarks, or publication rights.

Airfix 1/144 Saturn V

SaturnV-3.jpg

Eagle One - Part 64 is used on each of the 4 shoulder pods as a detail piece.

Large Hawk - Part 51 is used as detail pieces on the top just behind the CM (part 51 cut in two) and on the rear plate that the engine assembly is mounted on (part 51 x 4).

SaturnV-2.jpg

Eagle One - Part 26 x 4 is used as the baffle in the main engine bells.

Large Hawk - Parts 28 and 29 are used as the sides of the rear section.
Part 42 x 2 rear end cap of the side boosters?
Old 11-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #12
Eagle-1

Elric,

That sounds fine. Do it which ever way seems the easiest. YAHOO ain't the easiest place to work in, that's for sure.

Styrofoam_guy,

You can't exactly do any particular replica in blocks. Take, for example, the 1/144 AIRFIX Saturn V. There are parts from that kit all over the Eagle.....and the Hawk........and the Laser Tanks.........and so on. The best way to do it would be by kit. The Saturn V part #A (Whatever # you choose) is used here, here and here on Eagle #1. It's also here and here on the Hawk, here on tank #1 and then keep a running list of identified parts with a notation of where and which craft you found them on.

The only way to do that is with the physical kit in front of you looking at the kit sprues. It'll also surprise you how many were slightly modified. Then, if you don't want to buy each and every single kit that ever gets listed as a suspect, the best thing that could possibly happen is start building a reference of kit scans. That way, everyone could SEE the kits in question and catch something that you may miss. You'll also need some descent reference material to compare the kits to.

Rob.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #13
nestene1
Alphan

Default Gemini Kit scans

Hello one and all.

Just to follow on the sterling work of Elric, I've scanned in the plans from the Revell Gemini kit, as well as a couple of pictures of the kit pieces that I could identify as used on the Eagle and the bits that might have been used. If anyone has got any comments to add, I'm sure everyone would gratefully receive them!

Gemini Plans and Pics!
nestene1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Why does one of the astronauts look happier than the other?...
Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
nestene1
Alphan

Just the kind of helpful information I was hoping this thread would bring us!
nestene1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #16
Elric
Astrophysics Technician

Default Re: Gemini Kit scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestene1
Hello one and all.

Just to follow on the sterling work of Elric, I've scanned in the plans from the Revell Gemini kit, as well as a couple of pictures of the kit pieces that I could identify as used on the Eagle and the bits that might have been used. If anyone has got any comments to add, I'm sure everyone would gratefully receive them!

Gemini Plans and Pics!
Great stuff nestene1, I never realised the Gemini kit had so many bits n bobs in it!
Old 26-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
tak5haka
Eagle Pilot

Cool!

Does the Gemini kit come in any other scales (e.g. smaller)?
tak5haka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #18
LastGuardian
Hydroponics Technician

Revell produced Gemini Spacecraft kits in 1:24 and 1:48. Parts from the former were used for the 44'' Eagles, for detailing on the large Moonbase Alpha model, and for various other things.

Shane
LastGuardian is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #19
CR
Science Officer

I could have sworn I listed some of the parts for the Gemini kits (and the fact that it came in two scales) on another thread, but I'll be darned if I can remember which one. (The scans on this thread are a great touch, by the way!)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #20
Elric
Astrophysics Technician

I've uploaded scans for the Airfix Saturn 1-b as well for Hawk fans!

Scans courtesy of Liberator

http://usera.imagecave.com/crystalin...-fi_modelling/

Tags
kit list