&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 26-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
martin
Medical Technician

Lightbulb Year 2 Blu ray

From http://digitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Quote:
I've confirmed with sources that A&E is planning to release Space: 1999 - Season Two on Blu-ray Disc later this year. Official details will follow in the coming months, but if you're a fan and you loved Season One on Blu-ray, the good news is that Season Two is on the way.
To be confirmed...
martin is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Thumbs up

That's good news, where do I order?

Thanks Martin

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

I'm a bit suprised as I only bought my series 1 bluray on saturday (together with a player to watch it on!) and was rather amazed to see that it was only 'Limited Edition No 0358'. When I saw that I thought that if thats a guide to how many they are selling then there would be no chance for series 2!

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
alfalfa
Communications Officer

As I understand it it is perfectly possible, in these times, to get a graduate to do it for minimum wage. The tech is well understood now and there are plenty of bright young things who would give their eye teeth to have something like this in the CV.
alfalfa is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
martin
Medical Technician

The numbers people get seem to be in different ranges- Network have quite low numbers, Amazon have higher numbers. Some ones without the numbered sleeves have been sold too.

Old 26-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
scatta
Astrophysics Technician

Has Year 2 been remastered?

I think the cropping for a 16:9 aspect may present some challenges:

scatta is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
jerome
Hydroponics Technician

an Update, with Network, on thedigitalbits.com

Quote:
I've confirmed with sources that A&E, Network (etc) are hard at work on a Blu-ray release of Space: 1999 - Season Two. Much work remains, but the hope is that you might see it on store shelves by the end of the year. Rest assured, we'll post updates and official details as we get them in the months ahead. Bottom line: If you're a fan of the series and you loved Season One on Blu-ray, the good news is that Season Two is moving forward. [Editor's Note: We removed the street date we posted last night, as it's apparently very tentative and still subject to change. The text has been updated to reflect the situation more accurately.]
jerome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
martin
Medical Technician

The original date was 18th October 2011, btw.

The A&E Year 1 blu ray street date was delayed by months, so it's probably wise to ignore that date!

The HD remastering hadn't been commissioned at the end of last year, so even if it's started now it it take time to complete (remember the Year 1 blu ray had an existing HD remastering from 2005; year 2 only has Metamorph done).
Old 27-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
jerome
Hydroponics Technician

It's the same with The Persuaders at network. The Blu-Ray release is planned for this year but The HD remastering hadn't been commissioned yet.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
gwent
Computer Technician

So is Network actually doing the remastering? It was the BBC who did the awesome remastering job on year 1, several years ago. If Network is doing season 2 themselves, does anybody know what to expect?
gwent is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 28-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #11
VoyagerOne
Hydroponics Technician

Unless they've done a fair amount of work ahead of time, I wouldn't be surprised if the release date isn't until early 2012. By the time the remastering is done (assuming the episodes are being remastered) and extra features are selected and licensed...Add to that the time to create the menu, disc layout, and physical media, such as disc pressing and booklet printing (if any...I can dream, can't I?), I think we're looking at a bit of a wait. Still, I'm just glad there were enough units sold of Season One to incite A&E/Network to also release Season Two. One wonders, seeing that The Metamorph was remastered, if the rest of Season Two has already been done? (That's just my inner Mulder talking to me.)
VoyagerOne is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
MkIXHawk
Communications Officer

Oh, Lovely: The Rules of Bluton...

...I can hardly wait
MkIXHawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
healvis
Communications Officer

I think all the behind the scenes & continuity photo's on the discs are worth the 29 on their own. I noticed a couple of things when watching the first few episodes, one is Koenig's computer readout notes are sheets of Letraset. & you can also see quite clearly that the Eagle has 2 lights attached to each front pod leg in "A matter of life & death".

Last edited by healvis; 28-01-2011 at 11:48 AM.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
NeoGoglu
Eagle Pilot

I think it was in RATM, and i can't remember well but in SD the
lights are fading even the cockpit one when the eagle touched down i think
NeoGoglu is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
healvis
Communications Officer

Doh...Yes, Ring around the moon. It looks like they used 2 GOW's on each pod leg. The lights on the Eagle including the cockpit look like they lose a few volts right at the end of the sequence.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 30-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
Waldo
Alphan

Fingers crossed that series 2 does get the full restoration treatment - it's long overdue, so I'm really pleased to hear this news.

I really did think that it wouldn't happen though and thought that the only reason The Metamorph was on the series 1 bluray was just to use it up as it had already been done.
Waldo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
jerome
Hydroponics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwent View Post
So is Network actually doing the remastering? It was the BBC who did the awesome remastering job on year 1, several years ago. If Network is doing season 2 themselves, does anybody know what to expect?
No, Network will not do the remastering, Granada will, like for Series 1. It's not the job of the dvd company, it's the one of the rights owner.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Troy
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
I'm a bit suprised as I only bought my series 1 bluray on saturday (together with a player to watch it on!) and was rather amazed to see that it was only 'Limited Edition No 0358'. When I saw that I thought that if thats a guide to how many they are selling then there would be no chance for series 2!
Maybe they are shipping them working back from No 1999? I have 'Limited Edition No 0393' and I bought mine a couple of weeks ago on the day the offer started. So perhaps they have sold more than we think.
Troy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #19
Dorzac
Eagle Pilot

I'm guessing certain major online outlets have limited qty's of the limited editions, Amazon certainly have (or had) some as thats where i got mine ...
Dorzac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #20
scatta
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Maybe they are shipping them working back from No 1999? I have 'Limited Edition No 0393' and I bought mine a couple of weeks ago on the day the offer started. So perhaps they have sold more than we think.
It's unlikely that the transit carton (the brown cardboard boxes which carries the blu-rays from manufacturer to distributer) would show the number range of the disks carried inside.

By the time they have been moved from pallet to truck to delivery point etc, the only numeric order left will be the collection of blu-rays in that particular box, and a box may only contain 20, 30 or 40 pieces.

even when they have been unboxed at the distributer, no one is going to care which order they are sent out in.
scatta is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote