Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #21
steeple
Chef

been waiting 30yrs to see zova in HD
steeple is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #22
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

I've recently been watching the Second season of Space in the form of the US DVD box set and aside from the lousy picture quality I gotta say that after watching The Network Season One box set in HD That Year Two is a Hard watch
ALPHA ONE is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #23
MkIXHawk
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeple View Post
Zova? Phooey!

Amazon Girls of Entra in HD!
MkIXHawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 04:37 AM   #24
gwent
Computer Technician

I've been wanting to see year 2 again now that I've finished watching the year 1 Blu-rays, but knowing that season 2 Blu-ray is on it's way, I'll just wait until it is out. It's been a couple years since I'd seen any 1999 and I thoroughly enjoyed year 1 in HD. If I watch the DVDs now I probably won't be as excited to see the Blu-rays later when they arrive.
gwent is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #25
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default SPACE YEAR 2 BLUE-RAY

"Good Luck with that one!"

Old 18-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #26
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Well, aside from a few omissions in extras and cheesy A&E graphics, Year One was phenomenal and the extras were amazing. So bring on Year 2, crappy monsters and all. Year 2 does bring us Maya and ships like the Super Swift, so it is not without it's merits, though a continuation of they Year One format would have been far superior. A&E..just duplicate everything, even the graphics for the US release...and don't skimp on those extras!

Last edited by Tim Smith; 19-04-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #27
paul adams
Alphan

I only hope that when Year 2 comes to Blu ray that the error as seen on the Network issue of The Metamorph is corrected for that and all other episodes. That is the the opening teaser being put back at the beginning of the episode rather than each episode beginning with the opening credits.
A small issue but it bothered me
paul adams is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #28
Adama
Weapons Technician

That's how Year 2 was always transmitted in the UK (Opening credits first)
Adama is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #29
paul adams
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama View Post
That's how Year 2 was always transmitted in the UK (Opening credits first)
Interesting, my memory differs, but the last time I saw year two on terrestrial was in about 1981 (Granada region).

From watching repeats on Bravo in the mid 90's and watching the DVDs & the one Blu Ray episode it does look like each episode was meant to open with a teaser, in much the same way as year one did, after which the titles would roll. If you notice on the DVDs the title sequence begins followed by 3-4 minutes of story whereupon the episode name suddenly appears followed by on screen support actor credits etc... which tell me that the opening credits have been cut from 3-4 mins into the episode & placed right at the beginning
paul adams is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #30
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Look I'll say this just once!, There's really only one reason to watch Year 2, and That's for the Models,

Really that's Pretty much All it's got going for it!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #31
Jonathan E
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul adams View Post
Interesting, my memory differs, but the last time I saw year two on terrestrial was in about 1981 (Granada region).

From watching repeats on Bravo in the mid 90's and watching the DVDs & the one Blu Ray episode it does look like each episode was meant to open with a teaser, in much the same way as year one did, after which the titles would roll. If you notice on the DVDs the title sequence begins followed by 3-4 minutes of story whereupon the episode name suddenly appears followed by on screen support actor credits etc... which tell me that the opening credits have been cut from 3-4 mins into the episode & placed right at the beginning
I still have all my off air VHS recordings of Year 2.(Yes even the sound only Immunity Syndrome!) and they all start with the opening credits and no teaser. But i have seen them since then from various sources where they have been re-edited to start with a teaser.
Jonathan E is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #32
scatta
Astrophysics Technician

I'm in the Granada area and definately the credits rolled straight after that presenter with the moustache intoduced S:1999. On all the audio cassettes we used to pass up and down the country in the 70's, the TV recordings of S:1999 I heard were also credits first.

American series tend to show the 'hook' before the opening credits so maybe it was rejigged for some State-side audiences?
scatta is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #33
cricket
Medical Officer

No, not for this American. I distinctly recall seeing the titles run first for Y2 when I lived outside Washington, DC in the mid-70s. It was one of the differences from Y1 that stood out from the very beginning.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #34
VTracy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeple View Post
I second that!
VTracy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #35
VTracy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA ONE View Post
I've recently been watching the Second season of Space in the form of the US DVD box set and aside from the lousy picture quality I gotta say that after watching The Network Season One box set in HD That Year Two is a Hard watch
It's ok, year 2 still loves you!

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=9311

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...d.php?t=134369
VTracy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #36
Cellini
Geological Technician

As per the Italian edition, I can confirm there was no teaser.
Why? I got a theory about it.
You watch the teaser of any Season 1 episode until the timpani roll introduce Martin Landau and you get glued to the tv for the nwxt 50 minutes.
You watch a teaser of any Season 2 episode and it is likely you go somewhere else.
Cellini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #37
Adama
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellini View Post
As per the Italian edition, I can confirm there was no teaser.
Why? I got a theory about it.
You watch the teaser of any Season 1 episode until the timpani roll introduce Martin Landau and you get glued to the tv for the nwxt 50 minutes.
You watch a teaser of any Season 2 episode and it is likely you go somewhere else.
Think you nailed it on the head there! - Sorry... but I think Season 2 was garbage, even the models couldn't save it
Adama is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #38
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

I've got the Original Carlton release of Year one I had Year 2 but got rid if after watching, I had forgotten just how bad it was,

I have 2 sets of the Network Year one DVD's is there really that much Difference in The Blu-Ray Set?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #39
gwent
Computer Technician

If you're asking if there's really that much difference between the Network DVDs and the Blu-Rays, yes there's a huge difference. Remember that 35mm film is capable of much higher resolution than DVD could deliver. The quality of the Blu-Rays is just amazing - not perfect, perhaps, but far better than I could have hoped for. As many times as I've seen season 1 in the past, I still felt excited to see these episodes in this level of detail. If you're a fan of the show you really owe it to yourself to get the Blu-Rays. It really is that good. When I think of how bad these episodes looked back when they were aired at 5:00 a.m. on channel 27 back in the 90's, it's a small miracle that this series has been given new life on such a new high-quality format. There are many shows that may never get this kind of HD treatment.
gwent is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #40
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default Network Year One Blu-Ray Disc Set

Wow! That's Quite a Statement Gwent!

I've Watched the DVD's and I've got to say that I thought the Quality was Fantastic!, it was like watching it for The First Time!

It's was a Real Nuclear-Blast From The Past!!

I've been thinking about investing in a Blu-Ray Set but I was a little unsure as I'm not totally commited to the Blu-Ray format yet?

Last edited by ALPHA ONE; 09-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.