Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Communications Officer

Default Sixteen 12 UFO Prop replica

http://www.sixteen12.com/index.html#ufo

'We are to launch in 2010 a VERY LIMITED release of only 50 COPIES WORLDWIDE of the Classic UFO Interceptor from U.F.O. These stunning replicas will be hand made in our own Studios here in the UK and will only be available on a first come first served basis'
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
fireflashfive
Eagle Pilot

Nice, but when are the going to get products on the market? They seem to make lots of announcements but nothing appears or is constantly delayed! And does having Martin Bowers endorsement, with all due respect to him, on the Hawk make it any more an attractive proposition given the comments about the look of the CM?

Doug.
fireflashfive is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

That's nice. I know I'll never own one. I miss the 12" line that most could afford, or find a way to afford.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Surely it's not very economic to make only 50 copies of something?

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
Communications Officer

As ever with Sixteen 12, take everything they say with a very BIG pinch of salt.

I see your launch pad pictures have been removed!
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I meant to say that I had noticed they had pulled the photos.

Keith
Old 27-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I wasn't really happy with the Interceptor from the diecast set and sold it, kept the UFO though. This could be wonderful as long as the dimensions are good. 50 doesn't seem to be enough, but that may be all that can be made in the UK studios. 50 is a lot for a small group of people. The trick for 1216 now is to start rolling things off the assembly line.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Must admit the interceptor isn't a favourite of mine, so I certainly won't be interested.

Keith
Old 27-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Adama
Weapons Technician

I'll need three
Adama is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

I think at this point, not only will it be cheaper but I would be more satisfied with the results if I could get my hands on 3 Dinkys and refurb them myself to a proper standard.
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
brinkeguthrie
Computer Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29390 View Post
As ever with Sixteen 12, take everything they say with a very BIG pinch of salt.

I see your launch pad pictures have been removed!
agreed. still POd at them pulling the Irwin Allen line, and going from semi-affordable, the 12"ers..and going to these massive things costing a fortune. Product Enterprise, 16-12, makes no matter. whoever runs this co has their head up their thrusters. and if you think this is a sore point with me, you'd be right.
brinkeguthrie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Just received this...(just checking it's not April 1st)

Dear Collector

We are delighted to inform you that progress is being made on the release of our STUDIO SCALE UFO INTERCEPTOR

This stunning replica was created by Master Model Maker MARTIN BOWER and will be of a LIMITED EDITION OF ONLY 50 WORLDWIDE

MODEL MEASURES A HUGE 27inches IN LENGTH
INCREDIBLY DETAILED COCKPIT INTERIOR
PILOT FIGURE FEATURED
ACCURATE DECALS AND PANNELING
TURNED ALUMINIUM AND METAL SKID / UNDERCARRIAGE
HAND MADE AT OUR UK STUDIO FOR ULTIMATE QUALITY
APROX RRP 1100

THIS REPLICA WILL BE OVER SUBSCRIBED, SO IN ORDER TO OFFER A FAIR OPPORTUNITY TO ALL COLLECTORS PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST BY E-MAIL ASAP
ON JANUARY 6th 2012 WE WILL RANDOMLY SELECT 50 SUBMISSIONS
EACH SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION WILL BE INFORMED AND WILL BE ALLOCATED
AN EDITION NUMBER ALSO AT RANDOM
AS THIS REPLICA IS HAND MADE IN THE UK THEY WILL BE MANUFACTURED IN BLOCKS OF 10
EACH PRODUCTION BLOCK WILL TAKE APROXIMATLY 6 WEEKS STARTING WITH EDITIONS 1-10
THEN EDITIONS 11-20 etc
THE FIRST PRODUCTION BLOCK IS ESTIMATED TO START APRIL 2012
PRIOR TO THE START OF EACH PRODUCTION BLOCK A DEPOSIT OF 200 WILL BE REQUIRED

NOTE THAT OUR 3 MONTH INTEREST FREE PAYMENT SCHEME IS AVALIABLE FOR THIS ITEM

WE ARE EXTREEMLY PLEASED THAT THIS BEAUTIFUL MODEL CREATED BY MARTIN BOWER WILL NOW GO INTO PRODUCTION AND WILL BE A STUNNING PIECE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE IN CONTACTING US

REGARDS

STEVE WALKER

Creators of Classic Collectibles

w: www.sixteen12.com
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #13
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Interceptors are being launched....!

Actually that's not as much as I was expecting. I did think this project was long gone and buried. I wonder what changed their plan to issue this?

I would like one I just can't afford it with Christmas and the current economy. Be very interesting to see if all places are taken, anyone here going to buy one?

Their website still says this:

Dear Collector
We are VERY disappointed that we have to cancel the proposed release of our MARTIN BOWER UFO INTERCEPTOR due simply to the fact that so few of those collectors who had expressed an interest over the last 18 months would not confirm their pre order with a deposit.
The subsequent result being that we are unable to commit to the tooling to produce all of the Die Cast parts at our China factory that would have made this a stunning piece.
PLEASE NOTE: No deposits placed have been processed or debited and card information submitted via our on line shop has been deleted.
All is NOT lost for the handful of collectors who confirmed their pre order – we are looking at ways in which we can produce a very limited edition of 30 x UFO INTERCEPTOR REPLICAS all hand build exclusively here in the UK.
Once we have determined a plan of action we will contact those collectors with revised details.

This must be the "revised plan" that is mentioned I guess?
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Hmm, 'hand made in our UK studio for ultimate quality' lets hope its not the same 'ultimate quality' that went into their puppet replicas-
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Well, I've just been informed I'm number 48 out of 50.

With the first batch starting in April and each batch of 10 taking six weeks, I reckon I should see it by Christmas.

I'm guessing some of you will have lower numbers, so perhaps we'll see some images of the real thing appear on the forum from late May onwards.

Regards,

Phil.
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

It's so strange, their website says the project is still cancelled.

It's on the home page (scroll down)
Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Bring back the diecasts - that's what I say!

Resin prop replicas have their place but PE have totally changed what made them popular to begin with.

And of course the reason why PE became popular in the first place is because they made the toys we all wanted as kids but never had.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
Actually that's not as much as I was expecting. I did think this project was long gone and buried. I wonder what changed their plan to issue this?

I would like one I just can't afford it with Christmas and the current economy. Be very interesting to see if all places are taken, anyone here going to buy one?

Their website still says this:

Dear Collector
We are VERY disappointed that we have to cancel the proposed release of our MARTIN BOWER UFO INTERCEPTOR due simply to the fact that so few of those collectors who had expressed an interest over the last 18 months would not confirm their pre order with a deposit.
The subsequent result being that we are unable to commit to the tooling to produce all of the Die Cast parts at our China factory that would have made this a stunning piece.
PLEASE NOTE: No deposits placed have been processed or debited and card information submitted via our on line shop has been deleted.
All is NOT lost for the handful of collectors who confirmed their pre order we are looking at ways in which we can produce a very limited edition of 30 x UFO INTERCEPTOR REPLICAS all hand build exclusively here in the UK.
Once we have determined a plan of action we will contact those collectors with revised details.

This must be the "revised plan" that is mentioned I guess?

And that's the first time I've seen that diecast parts were being used. Surely if they can use diecast parts - then why can't they do more affordable, smaller diecast and plastic replicas like they were doing?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

There was talk about a second issue of the most popular replicas, the Interceptor and UFO set for example. I would buy them if they were re-issued at a decent price.

There are plenty of other subjects they could make, I would be looking for new properties to develop, imagine if they produced a 2001 series.... or even ships from the New Dr Who series, UFO has many models that could be produced without the huge studio scale investment. The Planet of the Apes ANSA ship would be good.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
There was talk about a second issue of the most popular replicas, the Interceptor and UFO set for example. I would buy them if they were re-issued at a decent price.

There are plenty of other subjects they could make, I would be looking for new properties to develop, imagine if they produced a 2001 series.... or even ships from the New Dr Who series, UFO has many models that could be produced without the huge studio scale investment. The Planet of the Apes ANSA ship would be good.

That's it. I wonder if Blakes 7 could be another line they could do also.

This thing about the diecast parts has got me wondering now. Does anyone know what parts were going to be diecast [ presumably diecast metal ] and what the rest of these larger prop replicas are made of - I haven't got any myself?

Last edited by FALLINGSTAR; 07-01-2012 at 09:12 PM.