Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 28-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Default AREA 51 etc

Hi everyone -

I'm on a 3 week USA road trip with the family and have just spent a very enjoyable couple of days at The Ale-Inn in Rachel, Nevada, from where we got to see a number of military aircraft flying overhead on Red Flag exercises and we also drove along to the front and back gates of Area 51.

Wonderful hospitality at the Ale-Inn by the owners - has anyone else been or stayed there ?

Then stopped at Las Vegas - shame that the Star Trek Exhibition is no longer there (although I was lucky enough to see it on my last trip there 2 years ago). Fantastic lunch at the top of the Stratospher Tower - although I chickened out of going on the scary rides at the top of the Tower - has anyone else been brave enough ?!

Next stop Dulce (location of rumoured underground bases) - anyone know best locations to check out there ?

Then onto Roswell - although the UFO Museum could not give me details of anyone offering tours of the crash-sites. Does anyone know of any contacts who do offer such a tour ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

If you pass through Arizona you owe it to yourself and your family to stop in Sedona. Not only are the sights beautiful, but there's plenty of UFO and paranormal lore there to keep you busy. My wife and I love it there.
William0999 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACE 1899 View Post
Hi everyone -

I'm on a 3 week USA road trip with the family and have just spent a very enjoyable couple of days at The Ale-Inn in Rachel, Nevada, from where we got to see a number of military aircraft flying overhead on Red Flag exercises and we also drove along to the front and back gates of Area 51.

Wonderful hospitality at the Ale-Inn by the owners - has anyone else been or stayed there ?

Then stopped at Las Vegas - shame that the Star Trek Exhibition is no longer there (although I was lucky enough to see it on my last trip there 2 years ago). Fantastic lunch at the top of the Stratospher Tower - although I chickened out of going on the scary rides at the top of the Tower - has anyone else been brave enough ?!

Next stop Dulce (location of rumoured underground bases) - anyone know best locations to check out there ?

Then onto Roswell - although the UFO Museum could not give me details of anyone offering tours of the crash-sites. Does anyone know of any contacts who do offer such a tour ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
I have been inside Nellis AFB(CAP Blue Beret) and DOE Nevada Test Site but close to Groom Lake.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 29-07-2009 at 05:30 AM.
eaglewingone is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Author Timothy Good and others claim there's an alien base near Dulce, NM - apparently located inside Archuleta Mesa in the Jicarilla Apache Reservation which is actually in CO. I'm afraid I don't share this view, but it looks like a nice place to visit.

http://www.mountainzone.com/mountain...sp?fid=4533356
http://jicarillaonline.com/janc/archuleta_mesa.html
http://www.slowmotiondoomsday.com/dulce.html

There's a lot of material on the web about this; try Googling 'dulce + ufo' or 'archuleta + mesa'.

If you're heading that way, I think you're within a few hours' drive of Colorado Springs/Pike's Peak and a few of the Old West gold rush towns.
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kane View Post
Author Timothy Good and others claim there's an alien base near Dulce, NM - apparently located inside Archuleta Mesa in the Jicarilla Apache Reservation which is actually in CO. I'm afraid I don't share this view, but it looks like a nice place to visit.

http://www.mountainzone.com/mountain...sp?fid=4533356
http://jicarillaonline.com/janc/archuleta_mesa.html
http://www.slowmotiondoomsday.com/dulce.html

There's a lot of material on the web about this; try Googling 'dulce + ufo' or 'archuleta + mesa'.

If you're heading that way, I think you're within a few hours' drive of Colorado Springs/Pike's Peak and a few of the Old West gold rush towns.
He also mentioned in the book is that area is tightly controlled.People go in, but never come out. The same goes for Groom Lake. There is a line of demarcation which you can not cross.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 29-07-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Old 29-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
cricket
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kane View Post
I can vouch for Pike's Peak. I visited there last year and it is an incredible ride up and an amazing view once you are there.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket View Post
I can vouch for Pike's Peak. I visited there last year and it is an incredible ride up and an amazing view once you are there.
Pike's Peak is nice.
Old 30-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
AceMartini
Communications Officer

An alien object really did land over in Arizona. I highly recommend a trip to meteor crater if you are going that way. You will not be disappointed.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMartini View Post
An alien object really did land over in Arizona. I highly recommend a trip to meteor crater if you are going that way. You will not be disappointed.
I have been to Meteor Crater. It is a amazing a meteor the size of 50 yards impacted on the ground at 12 kilometers per second caused that crater.Just imagine a asteroid 6 miles across caused the deaths of the dinosaurs.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 30-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 31-07-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
AceMartini
Communications Officer

It's an interesting place -- looks like just a hill in the desert as you're driving up to it -- but the hill turns out to be where the ground was compressed and pushed up by the impact. I drove there in the old burnt orange Mustang II Cobra I used to have -- which, oddly and probably not very interestingly, was the same car they drove in the film "Starman" -- which ended up at Meteor Crater.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 31-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #11
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
It's an interesting place -- looks like just a hill in the desert as you're driving up to it -- but the hill turns out to be where the ground was compressed and pushed up by the impact. I drove there in the old burnt orange Mustang II Cobra I used to have -- which, oddly and probably not very interestingly, was the same car they drove in the film "Starman" -- which ended up at Meteor Crater.
If you want to see a man made crater go to the Faultless test site in Nevada. Even though it was a one megaton underground blast its a green area for radiation.
Old 31-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #12
Stu73
Communications Officer

Quote:

a glitch in the matrix...?
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William0999
If you pass through Arizona you owe it to yourself and your family to stop in Sedona.
That should be Benson, surely?

Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Thank you for all the replies - much appreciated.

We managed to get to the Meteor Crater - very very impressive - and I got the T Shirt - 'Meteor Crater - experience the impact !'

Also went on a night visit to Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff - and got the chance to look at the stars through some giant telescopes.

Got totally lost on the way to Dulce and ended up on a dirt track around 10 pm in the dark driving over El Vada dam ! Met some drunken Indians at the hotel bar the following evening who promised to meet us the next morning and drive us to some gates to the supposed underground base. But - you guessed it - they never showed up the following morning - don't you just hate time wasters. Still, it was fantastic scenery anyway.

Reached Roswell last night for a weekend stay and am looking forward to visiting the UFO Museum in a moment.

Anyone got any further tips on Roswell or any details of any contacts who could arrange a crash site tour ?
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:

We managed to get to the Meteor Crater - very very impressive - and I got the T Shirt - 'Meteor Crater - experience the impact !'

Also went on a night visit to Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff - and got the chance to look at the stars through some giant telescopes.

Got totally lost on the way to Dulce and ended up on a dirt track around 10 pm in the dark driving over El Vada dam ! Met some drunken Indians at the hotel bar the following evening who promised to meet us the next morning and drive us to some gates to the supposed underground base. But - you guessed it - they never showed up the following morning - don't you just hate time wasters. Still, it was fantastic scenery anyway.

Reached Roswell last night for a weekend stay and am looking forward to visiting the UFO Museum in a moment.

Anyone got any further tips on Roswell or any details of any contacts who could arrange a crash site tour ?
There is a museum in Roswell. i am sure they can arrange something. You are lucky you did not find Dulce. Maybe it was fate. Once you enter the gate perimeter you will not leave because its a government installation.You will probably be a unwilling participant on what goes on there,from what I read.I do know that you do not want to be there and expose you and your family on what goes on there.If you decide to go on this quest, I warned you.Maybe you want to visit "Gasbuggy" the first "peaceful nuclear explosion". There is no radioactivity.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 01-08-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 AM   #16
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:

BTW- There are seven levels to the base. Its like Dante's decent into hell. It is each nightmarish in its own way.In this case, there is no ascension into heaven.Here is what awaits you when you enter.Some sources allege that horrific genetic experiments are conducted in lower levels of the facility (usually level 6 or 7, depending on the source); these levels are sometimes referred as "Nightmare Hall."

Last edited by eaglewingone; 03-08-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponsmith View Post
That should be Benson, surely?

Benson's okay. Sedona is just gorgeous. When visiting Arizona in the summer it's better to avoid the Southern areas unless you're actually interested in what it feels like to boil within your own flesh.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #18
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

I hear they have some really unusual beachballs there though, and some hard-core surfers too!

In case you still don't know what I am wittering on about, go watch the film "Dark Star"!
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William0999 View Post
Benson's okay. Sedona is just gorgeous. When visiting Arizona in the summer it's better to avoid the Southern areas unless you're actually interested in what it feels like to boil within your own flesh.
I happen to like Sedona.Very beautiful there. There was always a rumor that there is some sort of "vortex" or "gateway" there to some other dimension or wormhole. A lot of odd things things going on there.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 03-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #20
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglewingone View Post
I happen to like Sedona.Very beautiful there. There was always a rumor that there is some sort of "vortex" or "gateway" there to some other dimension or wormhole. A lot of odd things things going on there.
During the times that my Wendy and I have visited Sedona there was a lot of talk about vortexes and spacetime rifts. There is a local writer named Tom Dongo who has written numerous books on the subject of the paranormal in Sedona. Apparently UFOs, ghosts, interdimensional entities, and cryptids have all been seen in the area at one time or another thanks to the rift. There are local tours to these 'vortex' zones and nightly UFO tours. All I've ever witnessed there were gorgeous sunsets, incredible starry nights, and amazing local geography.