Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Aliens

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 18-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
Stu73
Communications Officer

Sounds great for you Alien guys out there- hope it works out for you. Personally, and I must say, speaking as a Predator fan, I want Predator 3. That's what I need for my fix.
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #22
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Default Stu73 you got PREDATORS

Stu73 you got "PREDATORS" to be directed by Robert Rodriguez. People crash on Predators Planet....sounds like "PitchBlack" .
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

Whatever happened to this from Ridley Scott the so called 3D Forever War . . .
http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/0...n-3d-with.html

Check this out . . .The line between gimmick and creative is thin these days tho . . .

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz0OtxC0E7n

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...a-forever.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official website:

DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #24
fistius
Chef

Looking forward to this one!

Cheers, Chris
fistius is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-SFX View Post
James Cameron would argue there's only been two.
Hi Chris
How much do you know about the progress on this project. Do you think Ivor would employ me to reprise my role? I'm gonna b free in the next week or 2 and can travel.
Phil
deraenged is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #26
healvis
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
Originally Posted by shadopilot View Post
I'm thinking that ALIEN was inspired by "Planet of Vampires" .

If "Planet of Vampires" inspired "Dragon's Domain" and ALIEN(1979)

"Dragon's Domain" inspired ALIENS(1986).
"DRAGON'S DOMAIN" must have inspired the movie ALIENS(1986) just substituted Lt. Ripley for Tony Cellini?

"DRAGON'S DOMAIN" After escaping the Ultra Probe(creature onboard), Cellini survives in Ultra Probe Command Module until he is recovered..then returns to confront the monster and prove it existed.

ALIEN(1979) After destructing the Nostromo, Ripley survives in Narcissus Shuttle until she is recovered....then returns to confront the monster and prove it existed in ALIENS(1986).
I think Scott pays Homage to planet of the vampires. There is a shot of the landed spacecraft where the camera is panned up to look at the 2 nacelles, the almost exact same camera angle and shot appears in ALIEN when shooting the derelict spacecraft. The similarity between the two ships is not coincidence in my opinion.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #27
thundergod
Astrophysics Technician

Apparently Scott IS intending to focus on the "Space Jockey" angle . For years he's had story ideas about the "Jockey" species using the "Xeno" as a biological weapon . As for the "Predators" project , Rodriguez isn't directing , but producing and writing . This isn't a problem for me as I've yet to be impressed by his skills as a director . He CAN write though .
thundergod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #28
Azantihighlightning
Life Support Technician

I am really looking foward to this one.

I have to say that Aliens 3 and 4 were utterly dreadful and the AVP films should have adapted the original AVP storyline, which was excellent. (We did a LARP based on this, and yes I still have the pictures from the game)

The prequel to The Thing is also out this year and I think that looks pretty good too, covering the events at the Norwegian Station that we got a sense of before in John Carpenters first movie. I hope its not all all CGI though (Yawn!)
Azantihighlightning is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #29
Hectors House
Astrophysics Technician

Sorry guys alien 3 is awesome!
Aliens is pretty dire, Alien 4 is not too bad.
Hectors House is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #30
Azantihighlightning
Life Support Technician

Aliens dire????? LOL

Everyones entitled to their opionon
Azantihighlightning is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #31
Doomsday
Communications Officer

Sorry Hector.
I think you could be in a minority of one there!
Doomsday is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
gundaRn
Alphan

For what it's worth, the extended Alien 3 was much improved although still not as good as the others.
I'm also a big fan of Alien Resurrection. Directed by Jean-Pierre Junet who has done some fantastic films like Delicatessen, The City of Lost Children and more recently Amelie (which is okay) and the surprisingly good A Very Long Engagement.
If you haven't seen Delicatessen, I urge you to check it out.
gundaRn is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #33
jtparker
Waste Technician

I got rid of my entire collection and molds all except for the derelict I sculpted.
The original ALIEN was an incredible classic, even enduring the horrible spinoffs (I cant even call them "sequels", not even the same universe) However with the news yet another horrible attempt to milk the original, I even threw away my ALIEN directors cut DVD... I will never watch it again. If they do the same to Blade Runner, I will trash that DVD as well.

They even trashed the nostromo with that horrible restoration that looked like a 5-year old did it and the crooked docking tube. They did not even bother to have the original talented people resore it, Just a bunch of amatuers who could care less about the original detailling ..all the interlock flaps missing and bridge detailing all screwed up...

Rest in Peace ALIEN

Last edited by jtparker; 20-06-2011 at 04:45 AM.
jtparker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
healvis
Communications Officer

JT, I think your taking things a little to seriously. Throwing away the original film because a sequel or prequel does not come up to expectation is a little extreme. I also thought they did a great job on the Nostromo restoration considering the state it was in. I would sooner it was restored to 90% accurate than be 100% rotted away in a back yard.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #35
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

well said Healvis ;-)

Official website:

DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 24-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #36
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default Alien Movies

Yep! That's Right!, There have only been (2) Alien Movies as for others What was I saying?

AVP 1&2
ALPHA ONE is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #37
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I loved the concept behind AVP but it was a mistake to tie them together with all the lore, it should've been made clear that the Aliens were a happenstance not a deliberate set up, it made the Aliens subservient to the Predators somehow and became a bit like a Harryhausen dinosaur battle making the human interest purely as a spectator.

Just my
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #38
jtparker
Waste Technician

what are you people thinking?

ALIEN was ruined when the first rumors in 1979 were floating around about a sequel. An ALIEN making it to Earth in the second idea proposed as a "ALIEN-2"

It could have possibly been less laughable as a sequel, but really people, have you let your standards fall so low that you are actually going to see some crummy "20th Century Fox" prequel?

You mean to say the last 3 sequels were not enough to raise your gag level?

For any Blade Runner fans out there-what would be your opinion of a string of CGI blade runner sequels, and maybe prequels?

Hell, Let's make OUTLAND again, and a ton of spinoffs. maybe even a cheap crap CGI series on "syfi"- such as the horrible "BSG" remake.

. And before I forget, maybe redo Space: 1999. The whole series no less.

2001: a Space Odyssey. -fair game. remake that one as well.

The day the Earth Stood Still. -Already been done.

Star wars? Why not, they can redo R2-D2 and throw in lady gaga for a cameo.

Really guys, You all are very depressing.

You want to see sequels and prequels of the greatest Sci-Fi filme ever made ALIEN?

Ridley Scott has lost the touch. The original talented crew is not building the miniatures. Times have changed, it is not 1979. There will never be anything that can even compliment ALIEN.

You go right ahead.

Count me out.

Last edited by jtparker; 08-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.
jtparker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #39
fireflashfive
Eagle Pilot

I don't understand you comments here. How can the original Alien move have been ruined just by talk of a sequel? As the original film do you not see that as a classic in its own right and just ignore what came after? To trash the original just because they dared to make sequels seems a little odd to me. Anyway each to their own. But please, show some respect in your comments too. You obviously have a serious issue over the Alien film series, but don't resort to name calling those who do enjoy them.

Doug.
fireflashfive is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #40
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Yeah, chill dude!
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote