Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Cap'n on Deck

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 20-02-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Thumbs up Cap'n on Deck 20th Feb....

Hi Guys,

Well it's February already and I failed again....

To all those people who I said I would contact in January and didn't my apologies I am catching up and the pace of the site is picking up after the Christmas holiday season.

So much has happened so I'll crack on:

Next Alpha plan gone to print and more images packs
The First Moonbase Alpha plan was launched last month with Main Mission and will be followed up this coming week with Building 17 and the release of a larger than usual image pack covering several buildings in one go.

Travel tube kit
We released our Studio Scale Travel Tube End Plate laser cut kit and will begin shipping these week, thanks for buying this kit and supporting the forum.

Science fiction & Fantasy Modeller
We have firmed up our relationship with Science Fiction & Fantasy Modeller magazine and you will be seeing many cross promotions and articles flying between the magazine and forum. Mike Reccia will be reviewing some of our new kit releases and making contributions to some of the kit instructions sheet when time allows. Talking of new kits:

24" Ultraprobe model from Larson Designs
Larson Designs are finishing the 24" Ultraprobe kit for exclusive release on the forum and is expected at the end of March, before this we will be releasing the CM module (lifeboat) from this kit as a stand alone model, look for the interest thread and photo in the emporium.

Alpha Commission Build
I am nearing completion of a studio scale Main Mission model as a commission for Propland (Darren Peters). I am submitting this build as a new feature article for an upcoming SFFM magazine. I have really gone to town on this one and will be releasing a laser cut panel kit very soon.

New section opens
The new Battlestar Galactica section opened this week and seems to be attracting interest - Did you see Ken Skiffington's build:
http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ght=battlestar

Wow

Vinyl labels
I have just completed production on a set of Vinyl labels used on 44" Eagles (landing foot "toe" panels, leg pod panels) there will also be a size & shape assortment (used all over Moonbase Alpha) these will be available to order when have confirmed the colours of orange and red. This product will also be available as a set of pinstripes in various colours (including metallics) and widths from 0.5 mm upwards. These labels make excellent painting masks too

And lastly....

Visit with Bill Oram and the UFO kit update
I visited with Bill Oram on Friday to see how the Studio Scale UFO model kit is progressing and deliver my part masters for kit testing. I spent more time there than I had planed but we chatted over old times, (Bill and I have known each other for over 20 years) and I looked over his latest projects. I will be putting a report of this visit with him on the forum tomorrow, with pictures..! In Colour...!!*?!

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Funnily enough I was just wondering yesterday how the 24" Ultraprobe was coming along! Looking forward to that!

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

Okay Bernie. It's been 2 days now...where's the goodies?
Alpha149 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Still gnashing my teeth over the UFO kit! Glad it's still in the works!!
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default UFO Kit....

Bill and I had a meeting about this very subject (and other stuff) just a few days ago. He has been working with me to improve the design further and progress the moulding and casting.

Take a look:

His quality is perfect

He is working on the cylinder to dome interface at the moment and I have to modify the lower dome moulding tool and build a jig for my laser to cut a hole in it for the lower dome attachment so we still have a ways to go. No completion date but moving forward all the time.

Cap'n

Old 23-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Senmen
Astrophysics Technician

Cap'n,
cool!
Count me in for one of course!
Oliver
Senmen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Thumbs up

Still a way off Oliver, but of course mate

Cap'n
Old 25-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
telster
Medical Technician

Oh dear - yet another addition to the wishlist.

Now don't get me wrong ... the list itself isn't the problem - I love my list! It's just that when models look this good (& I mean good as original good) it's the waiting that I find hard.

& on that note ... Any news on the TB3 & Stingray models mentioned in some other posts?
telster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #9
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

The Stingray model is the ex RA one mastered by Bob Smith. This will be available in the summer. Thunderbird 3 is in final development now and I am developing the finishing details, instructions and packaging. it's going to be a very busy year with kit production but I am also developing kit builders finishing materials to aid with capturing the weathern beaten panel look and a whole new range of coloured pin striping which will help the scratch builders...

Watch this space

Cap'n
Old 26-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
Interceptor6
Astrophysics Technician

Give yourself and Bill a pat on the back for me! That's looking FAB!
My SS Mobile & Interceptor REALLY need a playmate!!!
Jeff
Interceptor6 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote