Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

Default NDB Media VERY RARE interview

Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 9AM PST - NDB Media welcomes........... Barbara Bain. She played Doctor Helena Russell on the 70s tv series Space 1999 and also starred in Mission Impossible opposite her then real life husband fellow actor Martin Landau!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ndbmedia
shadow is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
blondgod
Geological Technician

That appears to be a mostly sci-fi radio site. That could be a very interesting interview! I hope we all can hear it, or read a transcript of it. Thanks for the info!
blondgod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

We were lucky to have two of her co-stars from the project they are working on with us on the program prior. I asked if they could ask Ms. Bain if she would be willing to do an interview. They said she wanted to talk to me.... next day she called me on the phone..... blew me away.
Old 27-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Thank you so much for posting this. I've just listened to the interview and she comes across as a very charming, down to earth modest person.

Some nice snippets of information regarding the Space 1999 filming days

- eg she explains to her 2 daughters the fact that they have to relocate from USA to the UK for 4 years as "We are going on an adventure."

Also, she was asked if she had anything at all to do with Thunderbirds, to which she replied no.

Plus, most interestingly, she was asked if she would consider doing a cameo role as Doctor Russell in any possible forthcoming remake of Space 1999, to which she replied yes.

The presenter also mentions a forthcoming interview with Nick Tate on October 11th.

Last edited by SPACE 1899; 28-09-2009 at 10:43 PM.
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

The presenter would have been either myself or Roger. I had spoken to Barbara previously on the phone and she is a sweetheart.

Neither Roger or I have any formal training in broadcasting or journalism but we think we do a good job on the program.

Yes, we have Nick Tate on the schedule as you mentioned!

Old 27-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Keep up the good work

Also noticed some other sci fi actors on the interview list, from Battle Star Galactica, Stargate etc.
Old 27-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

Default NDB Media

A little background on NDB Media. We are a internet based radio programming dedicated to all things Science Fiction and Fantasy. We were originally covering Star Trek but with the cooperation with an organization we were able to expand on our coverage. all Stargate series, Battlestar Galactica (both new and old), and Babylon 5 to name a few.

Our program is set up to where not only can people call in and ask questions of guests they can also submit questions via email or in the chatroom as one of our crew is monitoring the chatroom for questions.

We are constantly adding guests to our lineup, almost daily so be sure to check us out.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ndbmedia
Old 28-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Any chance of getting Martin Landau to drop by for an interview ?
Old 28-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

Default NDB Media

I was asked by several people in the chatroom about getting him on our show. We have put feelers out about having in on the show...... NO GUARANTEE that anything will happen but worth a try.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Very much looking forward to the Nick Tate interview on Sunday 11th October. Wonder if the subject of crashing Eagles will come up?

Also I really enjoyed the recent Barbara Bain interview and have copied it to disk.

To everyone involved in that radio show - please do keep up the good work

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

Thank you for the great feedback. Roger and I do the best we can. Neither of us have any broadcasting experience or journalism background but we have been told that we do a great job and the guests enjoy their experience on our show.

If anyone is interested I have a PDF file with links to previous interviews we have conducted available. The shows are automatically moved into the archives after 24 hours. This will save people time from having to search thru the archives.

You can request a copy of the pdf file by going to our homepage http://www.noriega.biz and clicking on the email us. Be sure to put in the subject line: archive PDF that we will know what the email is about.

PS: I have been in contact with the agent for Zienia Merton who played Sandra Benes on Space 1999. She will be featured in an upcoming interview in the near future.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
cricket
Medical Officer

Your work is really quite impressive. I'll be looking forward to seeing how many of the actors you can interview. Perhaps Prentis Hancock? Anton Phillips? or (dare I suggest...) Suzanne Roquette?
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
I have been in contact with the agent for Zienia Merton who played Sandra Benes on Space 1999. She will be featured in an upcoming interview in the near future.
Great news - I saw her on The Space 1999 documentary (I think ?) talking about her experience of running through woodland in cold weather dressed in just a leapard skin wrap for the episode 'Full Circle' - very entertaining.

Shadow - I went on the website link and emailed a load of possible questions for Nick Tate - hope you might be able to possibly use some of them, if you haven't got all your questions finalised yet ?

The story I'd be very interested to find out more about is the one I read that Sylvia Anderson was originally not impressed with Nick's audition for a part in Space 1999, but that Nick (thankfully) stuck his ground and won her over. Would be interested to hear more about that interview technique
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #14
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket View Post
Your work is really quite impressive. I'll be looking forward to seeing how many of the actors you can interview. Perhaps Prentis Hancock? Anton Phillips? or (dare I suggest...) Suzanne Roquette?
Reminds me of that Justin Lee Collins occasional series in which he tracks down original members of a Show and tries to get them all together again.

He has done such a Show for Grange Hill, Dallas and even the original Star Trek so far. On the Star Trek programme, all the people he tracked down were up for it and gave interviews, all except William Shatner
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
shadow
Hydroponics Technician

Tracking down the stars can be very difficult at times. We happened to get Barbara Bain due to the fact she was working with Carmen Argenziano (Jacob Carter from Stargate) on a series they are trying to sell to television. Anton and Prentiss is proving to be a challenge.

Nick Tate, I came across his homepage and was able to reach him thru his agent. Same with Zienia. I am hoping to track down Catherine Schell.

Our program started out covering fan productions of Star Trek. We slowly entered into getting stars on the program.

Back in August we entered a partnership with a convention promoter/auctioneer/master of ceremonies who owns his own company who works with MANY stars via conventions.

We will be having guests from ALL Trek series, SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Babylon 5, X-Files, and Lord of the Rings to name a few.

Thanks to one of other interviews we developed a relationship with another person who has contacts for stars of SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Santuary, and Eureka.

We will be having guests from ALL Trek series, SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Babylon 5, X-Files, and Lord of the Rings to name a few.

We think we have a little something for everyones tastes.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Shadow - check your personal messages. I'm going to send you contact information for Prentis Hancock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Tracking down the stars can be very difficult at times. We happened to get Barbara Bain due to the fact she was working with Carmen Argenziano (Jacob Carter from Stargate) on a series they are trying to sell to television. Anton and Prentiss is proving to be a challenge.
CalgaryAlphan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote