Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
worsel
Alphan

Default Mattel Eagle upgrade

hey guys,its taken awhile to get the nerve to ask for help so here goes! i need reference materials of any kind as well as advice on upgrading the landing gear as well as other things on my mattel eagle! any advice will be soooo appreciated !

Last edited by worsel; 25-10-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ommited detail
worsel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
worsel
Alphan

Default mattel eagle upgrade

yes, i want to make the toy look closer to the fx models!
worsel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Default Eagle Refit Help

Hi There,
I've been up to my armpits in Mattel Eagle restorations over the last few months. My first project is actually up on this forum titled "Mattel Eagle Restoration and Upgrade" The web address is here: http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=5507 .

Since that first Eagle I've continued to refine & master upgraded components which replace broken or missing landing feet, VTOL thrusters, main engine bells, and side thrusters. I've also mastered a set of components for a complete refit of the passanger pod's interior. My favourite bits are the 3D bulkhead doors which are a big improvment over the exisiting hole of the origional toy. I've also created view screens and instrument panels. In fact, tonight I just completed the master components for a replica crane.

I'm hoping to make resin refit kits available soon to anyone interested in tinkering with their Mattel Eagle. I'm also going to start selling off the eagles that I have restored in the process of creating the kits...my workshop is becomming treacherous with several Eagles and a Mellenium Falcon or two dangling above my head.

If you're interested in any of the components I'm making or if you just want some insight into gutting and rebuiling the Mattel Eagle just send an email to me at Designasaurus@shaw.ca And please send images of your project!!

Cheers!
Paul
Designasaurus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Hi There,

I just tried to post a message but it's not showing up so I'm reposting. Forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I've spent the last year or so collecting and restoring Mattel Eagles. In fact, I've mastered and molded a whole set of upgraded replacement parts for essentially every component of the ship except for the main body, command module, and fuel tanks. I've also created side "cage" panels to fill the blank, smooth walls on the origional toy.

In side the ship I've designed and mastered 3D bulkhead doors to replace the empty space on the orgional toy. I've also made view screens, instrument panels, and a template for EVA foam flooring. In fact, this evening I just finished building a working crane replica which I'm going to cast and reproduce.

If you're interested I'll be more than happy to share some of my insight into gutting and rebuilding Eagles. I'm also going to be offering resin upgrade/restoration kits to anyone wanting to refit their old Mattel toy.

Somewhere on this forum are images and descriptions of my first restoration. I think the post is titled "Mattel Eagle Restoration and Upgrade".

Good luck! Please post images as your project progresses.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

Sorry I'm having trouble with Photobucket. Lets try this again....

Last edited by JD; 11-01-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Cleaning up
collectinmikey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

Hi Worsel, sorry I was trying to add picture from My archives from about 10 years ago that has a picture of very cool modifications to a Mattel eagle and especially the landing gear.The guy that did it named it the 30th anniversary and I wish I had saved all of the pictures but the one im trying to load does show the landing gear, I believe the leg tubes are telescoped and springed and I remember form the info I read years ago that he used those butterfly drywall anchors to simulate a springing angle support. When I can figure out this dumb Photobucket you will see what I mean. ( If anybody listening has tips to upload pictures from photobucket or a secret trick to upload directly from my pc ,please let me know) also I am working on a box for my Mattel hawks (I think you got the first prototype a few years ago ? )if so I was going to upload a picture of the box art I have been working on too and would give you a box free in the future for your Hawk if your interested (maybe shipping charges?) Anyway, I think Mattel eagle enthusiasts are far between and I would be glad to try to help if I can in any way.As you can see Designasaurus does some fine modifications too.

Last edited by JD; 11-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Here you go collectinmickey!
Your Hawk is also quite a piece!!!

Jorge
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Dunc1
Geological Technician

Would it not be great if Mattel re-issued their Eagle for the 40th Anniversary of Space 1999 next year?
Dunc1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #9
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

Thanks for your help on that one EAGLETRANSPORTER if I could just figure out a way to transfer some pictures I would list them all the time.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Regarding images, I upload images to Photobucket which conveniently reformats and sizes averything for me. Then I just cut and paste the URL code from the left-hand list.
...good luck!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

O.k. I Think this worked,,,,,, Great that did work. anyway, this an old school style box art that is a work in progress but I had to sacrifice a original box (cringe) to make this happen so far.The hardest part believe it or not was t make the the background ,with the wispy blue in black brushstrokes like the original artwork, The rest should be easy Well ,when I can get the time. More pictures to follow if you enjoy the Mattel Hawk .......http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/r...s901309007.jpg

Last edited by collectinmikey; 05-11-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #12
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

If this goes thru, Im on the correct path path with picture input and this is my latest mattel hawk
Old 05-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #13
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1257397190
Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #14
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Love that Hawk... even bid on one from you on eBay.

Have a Mattel Eagle I'm planning to update soon, already removed the middle pillars. Expect to hear from me again on here...
Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
jockdeboer
Medical Technician

Was there a hawk made by mattel?
jockdeboer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #16
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

No, Mattel only made the "eagle one" in this scale. I wish they had continued the line and made other ships. This hawk is fan made by me. I just call it the mattel hawk because its suposta be what could have been if they did continue the line of ships
Old 06-11-2009, 02:23 AM   #17
collectinmikey
Hydroponics Technician

Thanks Eagle12, Ive got a big box of dozens of those pillars (im not sure why they were in the original ? maybe for easy assembly and the stickers of corse) .Let me know if you run into something weird, I have probably disected and reassembled more mattel eagles than anyone on the planet and could probably help with technique ,tool advice etc
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Worsel; How's the restoration going? Any pictures yet??

collectinmikey; In the spirit of your Mattel-scale Hawks I'm thinking about making a Mattel-scale version of Zantor's spaceship. I have an idea for making it open in two halves so the inside is a playset complete with glass hibernation chambers etc. from the set. Of course, this will have to wait until I finish my current Eagle interior components, rebuild the moonbuggy, and star casting doors. sheesh!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #19
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

EagleTransporter excellent MATTEL EAGLE Restoration!
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
Stu73
Communications Officer

Collectinmikey's Mattel Hawk rocks. That looks totally convincing as a real product! Excellent
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote