Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Default Birmingham Memorabilia

The upcoming Birmingham Memorabilia show at the NEC is looking to be a great event. Here is the main website: http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/

The guest list includes Space: 1999 actors Zienia Merton, Prentis Hancock and Catherine Schell ! There's also a fairly interested collection of other sci-fi performers. Here is the guest list: http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/guests/media_guests.html

Oh, how I wish I could get to Birmingham for the 21st of November!
CalgaryAlphan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Thanks for this information.
I notice Wanda Ventham from UFO is also on the guest list.
And Adult tickets on the day for only £10 - not bad at all.
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

This Prentis Hancock photo is a first to me as I’ve never seen him playing such role. He looks vaguely like a Vulcan…anyone here knows from what production this still was taken from?...just curious! Thx!

http://www.fantomfilms.co.uk/events/...emorabilia.htm

Jorge
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
fireflashfive
Eagle Pilot

Looks like it's from an old Doctor Who episode.

Doug
fireflashfive is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Thanks Doug!

Old 29-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
johnnybear
Weapons Technician

The Prentis Hancock photo is from Doctor Who. It was in a story called Planet of Evil and Prentis played Salamar(The Baddie)it was one of four appearances he made in the show all told....
JB
johnnybear is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

It was nice to spot Zienia in this weeks Sarah Jane Adventures
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
blondgod
Geological Technician

It's nice to see Catherine making the convention rounds. She didn't appear for years until MM2000. I've had the pleasure of chatting with Prentis and Zienia... really wonderful people, very gracious and warm. Zienia is a real charmer! LOVE HER!
blondgod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
CalgaryAlphan
Computer Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondgod View Post
It's nice to see Catherine making the convention rounds. She didn't appear for years until MM2000. I've had the pleasure of chatting with Prentis and Zienia... really wonderful people, very gracious and warm. Zienia is a real charmer! LOVE HER!
Yes, Zienia's fantastic! Have you read her book? You can see info about it on her newly revamped website: www.zienia.com - enjoy!
CalgaryAlphan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

If anyone is going, don't forget to take extra cash for autographs and also don't count on there definately being any Space 1999 merchandise for sale - I sent an email to the information email address at the venue and received the following reply -

There is no charge for actually meeting the guests once you have paid the admission fee except you do have to pay to get an autograph from each guest, the guests that you are enquiring about (Prentis, Zienia and Catherine) have an autograph charge of £15 per item.
We do have many dealer stalls at the event but can not confirm whether or not they will have specific items.

Still thinking of going though and will take my camera if I do go...
Anyone else from the forum going ?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Dave
Communications Officer

Probably not, I went to the one earlier in the year.
Dave is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

and...was it a worthwhile trip ? Did you meet any of the guests or buy / trade any interesting stuff ?
Old 21-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #13
Kinggodzillak
Geological Technician

Went along to this today, and both Catherine and Prentis were lovely to meet - sadly Zienia was unable to attend due to illness, hope she's feeling better soon...

Kinggodzillak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #14
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Lovely photos...thanks for sharing these!
Cheers
Jorge
Old 22-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I was there on Saturday too, got a nice 10x8 signed picture of Catherine Schell and Wanda Ventham.

I was on the stall with Retroboy who was standing as a dealer, and mid afternoon we had Prentis Hancock come along for a look round, he was chatting with us for quite a while about 1999 etc.

Not the best Memorabilia show by far but I had an enjoyable day, picked up some nice bargains, a 12 inch radio controlled Assault Dalek for only £20, from Reyonlds and Hearns stall the new vol 3 TV Century 21 reprint book Escape from Aquatraz, an updated version of Chris Bently's Complete Gerry Anderson and a nice poster of Skydiver, the books were very nicely priced, and a few other bits and pieces to boot.

I met loads of friends I had not seen for ages and several Fanderson members as well, so got to talk to people quite a lot.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 22-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Kinggodzillak
Geological Technician

Yes, with the money I would have spent on getting Zienia Merton's auto (um, four times) I treated myself to vols 2 and 3 of the TV21 strips - absolutely terrific books and bargains at £10 each, with a nice mix of familiar and rare stories looking better than ever - and Stephen La Riviere's 'Filmed in Supermarionation', which is probably the most in-depth book ever written on the puppet series with lots of pictures I hadn't seen before.

I agree it wasn't the best Memorabilia ever (even though it was only my third and I was only there for about four hours), and having Prentis etc situated right next to the wrestling was so annoying when you were trying to talk to them over all the noise.

What we needed was Catherine to turn into a Larren and tear the stupid wrestlers apart...
Kinggodzillak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinggodzillak View Post
Went along to this today, and both Catherine and Prentis were lovely to meet - sadly Zienia was unable to attend due to illness, hope she's feeling better soon...

Great photos. Seeing Catherine and Prentis is brilliant you met them.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
TonyB
Forum Supporter

The stall I was on was just up from the Dr Who signings on the end of the aisle directly opposite Judy Cornwall and David Hedison, so I was well placed to spot Catherine Schell turn up and nipped over for a picture before it got too busy, mind you I was nearly at the front of the queue for Wanda Ventham too, heh get in early.

While I was watching for Catherine to get ready I had a good chat with Stephen La Riviere about his book, actually one of two chats of the day with him, he was telling me some of the history of how he got some of the information for the book, hopefully my signed copy will be with me next week.

I quite agree about the unholy racket the wrestlers were making. I was bad enough where we were so I imagine it was a nightmare down by the signing tables. My mate Richard who lives near me was there with his New Series Dalek, the red one, D4, he was dressed as Dr Who doing his bit again for charity, so the whole Dr Who section got a lot of attention, and plenty of photos of the punters with the Daleks.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Retroboy
Astrophysics Technician

Whilst Prentis was on my stall , he did mention to us how excited he was about a certain Destination Moonbase Alpha book coming out next year ........and had very positive things to say about the new additions to the book !
Just got back from the show and just finished unloading the car in the rain , I'm shattered , time for bed me thinks .
Retroboy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

I was there too on the Saturday - the first memorabilia Show I've been to - and had a great time.

Shame that Zienia was ill and unable to attend, but I was delighted to meet and chat with Prentis and Catherine and get their photographs and autographs. I also gave them details and contact info regarding the recent NDB media interviews with ex cast members of Space 1999, and asked them if they would kindly consider the possibility of arranging an interview. So fingers crossed everyone.

Managed to buy a few Space 1999 items (mug, coaster and key ring) - but am just curious as to how come the vast majority of the merchandise on offer for sale was STAR WARS ? Anyone care to explain that one ?