Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

1/144 Soyuz Launch Pad

saturnapollo

Alphans
Been working on scratchbuilding a Soyuz launch pad to go with the Maquette Soyuz kit I built about two years ago. Actually started on the pad at that time, but put it aside as it seemed too complex and I think something more intersting came along. Anyway, dug it back out a couple of months ago and this is the latest progress. All the service gantries will be able to retract.

Keith

Attachments

• Soyuz pad 9.jpg
    Soyuz pad 9.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Soyuz pad 10.jpg
    Soyuz pad 10.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Soyuz pad 11.jpg
    Soyuz pad 11.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 34

CR

Alphans
Wow, that is beautiful! Can't wait to see the 'action' pics of the retracted gantries.

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks, guys. It has been something of an endurance test and nearly gave up a few times. With the exception of N guage fencing around the pad perimeter which has still to be added, everything had to be scratchbuilt, one bit of plastic rod at a time. Even had to scratchbuild all the handrails (unfortunately still overscale). Can't claim much accuracy but it will hopefully be a reasonable representation.

Keith

Lee S

Alphans
Wow that's amazing!! I'm still always impressed with the Russian 'petal' launch pad everytime I see video of a launch. Kinda funny having a USA flag on the top :)

Tim Smith

Alphans
Just watched some 35 minutes of footage of the Soyuz being rolled out to the pad, and this looks like the real thing! Amazing and very nice work!

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks very much everyone. I've often felt like giving up because of the complexity involved. Coupled with the fact it is very difficult to make out details from the jumble you see in photos and the fact that at this scale you just can't replicate the methods used to retract the service gantries I have had to devise my own.

Keith