Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

1/270 non fighters

Flashheart

Alphans
I thought id post for opinions a couple of my 1/270 ships designed to be minis for the X Wing game. But not actually fighters.
The Rampart class Imperial Cutter, The Ravenheart, a smuggler conversion of a scout craft and the Voidrunner civilian transport.

The detailing could be finer but one has to take the 3d printing process into account. But any opinions good or bad are welcome

Flashheart

Alphans
Thank you. As soon as i can get them ordered i will take pics. i still have to get pics taken of my UFO/1999 variants so im a bit behind

thundergod

Alphans
Are these your own ( Star Wars) designs , or are they from a game/extended universe source ? The reason I ask , is that I'm currently planning a Star Wars scratchbuild and a couple of the ships have similar design elements to ideas I've had and I wouldn't like to appear to have "ripped off" anyones ideas ! ;)

Flashheart

Alphans
Nothing specifically with the stories. A lot of my things and ships etc i have designed were for a RPG campaign. The Ravenheart as well as any other Corvan ships are mine,but the Correlian styled ones are basically to give an alternative to the lambda shuttle for people who want one,. They are not any particular ship but they borrow heavily from pre-prod design concepts for the Falcon. So basically they are such a mix and match i dont think anyone is likely to accuse you of ripping off

thundergod

Alphans
I recognise the Falcon pre-production designs from my researching of Star Wars designs . My "Interdiction Cruiser" came about from the same sort of thing . Take an engine from here , add the nose section from here , mix it up a bit and Bob's 'yer Uncle , one Star Wars ship ! :lol:
And that's not to take away from the designs , but I find in the world(s) of Star Wars , you NEED some familiar elements to tie craft in to the universe , I find that the criticism aimed at the prequel designs stem from the fact that some of those designs ( Naboo Fighters , Trade Federation craft ) bear little relationship to previous ( original trilogy ) craft . :thumbup:

Flashheart

Alphans
I agree. I was dissatisfied with almost all of the designs from the prequels and didnt like the way they seemed to intentionally get away from the original aesthetics. Several early versions of the Naboo fighter for instance were less speedboat/ME262 and more original trilogy. And that is before i start complaining about the things like Sebulba's podracer simply being an A-10 Warthog fuselage turned backwards *L*

Flashheart

Alphans
Well. They arent the non fighters but i was pleased when someone sent me an image of a couple of my fighters painted up so thought id post them.
Credit for much of it goes to the excellent paint job, but as the person who built the 3d models i have to say im pretty proud of them.
My E-Wing. Which considering it is 1/270 scale came out looking nicely detailed.

And the Heavy gun Z-95. it was a request for an updated Z-95 minus the forked tail and with the triple wing guns replaced by single blasters. (do not get me going on the discrepancies between the Z-95 as it appears for the first time in the book Han Solo at Stars End and the prototype X Wing they used in the West End Games sourcebook)