Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

1/32 Cylon Raider by Moebius

Moebius Models isn't messing around with giving the Cylon Raider from
the Classic Series the quality and the accurate crisp detail that it truly
deserves.:O:O

Can anyone on here help me! I would love to have a lighting kit for the classic cylon raider.
Does anyone know where or none who could build one that has headlights, any coloured canopy lights and thrusters? Any help would be great

Scorpio46

Alphans
When the kit eventually comes out I'm sure there will be a number of lighting kits available for it that should meet your needs as there are for the Moebius Viper.

The Raider model is a very accurate rendition of the studio model but compromises have had to be made for the cockpit which may make lighting it, as with the Viper cockpit, difficult to say the least.

When the kit eventually comes out I'm sure there will be a number of lighting kits available for it that should meet your needs as there are for the Moebius Viper.

The Raider model is a very accurate rendition of the studio model but compromises have had to be made for the cockpit which may make lighting it, as with the Viper cockpit, difficult to say the least.

All preordered now ready thankyou :) found a kit ready for it also after a bit more research. I'd been looking at revell and not moebius.
Also still very new to this, what's the difference with the revell kits and moebius. They seem cheaper and bit wary of this??

Kind regards

Jamie

Scorpio46

Alphans
The revell kits are simply reboxed versions of the Moebius models with a different decal sheet. This is quite a common practice with plastic model companies as it allows a company to expand it's range without going to the expense of producing a new mould, for the company that produced the mould they get an additional income from renting it out.

Moebius is a small company compared to the likes of Revell and so has to charge more just to make a profit on it's outlay in the research and manufacture of the moulds for the kits it produces.

Harlock

Alphans
As for the TOS kits, not sure that Revell will rebox Moebius kits, as they still have the old molds from Monogram, and already reissued them few years ago.

Scorpio46

Alphans
The original Monogram raider kit was produced to a different scale of about 1/64 compared to the 1/32nd scale of their Viper kit. I'm not sure why they did this unless it was a case of "select the scale to fit the box" thankfully Moebius has resisted the temptation to do similarly.

Steve D

Alphans
I saw all three kits made up yesterday :yes:
The Viper is about the same size as the old kit, but much more accurate.
The Raider is huge, about the size of a dinner plate.
But the Galactica.......Well are we all in for a treat ????
Simply awesome, the detail is amazing, can't wait to get one :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: