Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

1999 ownership

Flashheart

Alphans
So we are working on publishing a Space 1999/UFO crossover roleplaying game with miniatures and all. But have no idea who owns the current rights. I know this site is a storehouse of information and i was wondering if anyone here knew who has them now

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
The last I heard it was Carton Media International but I think they have been absorbed into further parent companies.

Interestingly Gerry struck a deal with Fanderson where they had a license to sell to members only as a fund raising mechanism. I would write to them as a starting point.

Good luck with the project and keep us up to date won't you?

last time i checked with carlton they wanted $20,000 for a limited license and i had to submit one on everything i made to them for aproval and they get to keep one of each item made that was 5 years ago

martin

Alphans
ITV Studios Global Entertainment
You will have to buy a licence and pay a royalty per unit sale.
Fanderson is not a profit making business, and they have an explicit exception for a very small number of units. But if you expect to make any money, you will have to get an agreement from ITV.

Flashheart

Alphans
I wonder if they would make an exception for people who love the shows and aren't really that concerned with making money but wouldnt complain if they made a little *L*

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
You really should sell through Fanderson, They have special dispensation for just this sort of thing, at least your product would be available

Your legal soft parts would be covered too. :D

Flashheart

Alphans
I shall look into that definitely. Though for some reason i was not allowed to join the Fanderson forum.which seemed odd

Ham Salad

Alphans
I shall look into that definitely. Though for some reason i was not allowed to join the Fanderson forum.which seemed odd

Besides, even though you won't be able to charge royalties, I think this allows them to fund 'development cost' for the product.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander

That is odd, I have never know them refuse a membership although my experience with Fanderson is limited. I have always found them to be a pleasant and like minded group to deal with. I am not sure if membership is a prerequisite to selling to their membership or not. I know you do have to be a member to buy from them as this is part of their licensing conditions.

Let us know if you find out a reason for membership refusal, I am sure it would be something that could be sorted.

What sort of thing are you looking to market?

Flashheart

Alphans
A friend of mine and i have a 1999 tabletop RPG that is Space 1999, as a sequel to UFO (Not as originally envisioned but combining elements of both) with the earnest LSRO Alphans sharing space unwittingly with the harder edged SHADO operatives (SHADO is still top secret even to the majority of Moonbase personnel which of course causes fun issues since players can be either and if SHADO they are masquerading as Alphans)
It has been playtested and does, we think, an excellent job of allowing players to create the kind of characters that populate the Anderson world. I was thinking of suggesting we add a cloud base but thought that throwing Scarlet in might be a bit much *L* We also have Miniatures of the Eagle in 4 inch scale, a deep range SHADO patrol ship that i am rather proud of and several other vehicles from SHADO