Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

3D printed 1981 Marvin build

Razout

Alphans
I've just embarked on a project I thought some of you may find interesting.

I recently managed to blag a 3D printer from work, I've decided to actually put it to good use as it's been used to print items from Thingiverse like cogs and generally useless things.

I've been following Birdie's excellent Marvin build and I've decided to try and make a 1981 Marvin in two different scales - a 1/10th and a 1/5th.
The 1/10th is to test the viability of the parts before I commit to producing time consuming parts, some of these prints will take about to 15 hours to print.

The great thing about Marvin is that aside from cosmetic details the back half is exactly the same as the front - I only have to make half of him, mould the parts and stick the pieces together. I'm using Sketchup to draw the parts which I'm converting in to printable files - this is it so far;

I'm printing this part as I type - only 4 hours to go...

Last edited: