Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

44" Eagle -The Time Has Come To Join The Big Boys

paul gray

Forum Supporter
just thought i would touch base as i haven't posted on this for a while. i have been busy at home with decorating and the wife wont let me pick the eagle up until the decorating is done. but having said that while the wife is a work and i have been a bit quiet in that department a bit of progress has been made. i couldn't resist the urge to do some of the passenger pod when that arrived so the base has been finished and primed and glossed and the top has had all the panel detailing added( do i hate cuting out those panels. i should have asked the boss to make some ,it would have saved hours).i cant make up my mind if i should do what Chris has done and square off some of the recessed areas, i would hate to spoil my lovely pod by not doing a good job here. i blew the cobwebs off my beak aswell . i was lucky enough to pick one up on ebay many moons ago and it's a good one, i think i got it from a member here but i dont remember who. anyway all i needed to do was to remove the resin clamps it had on it and drill out the areas for the sensor dishes. i have managed 2 holes and the clamps. i have also managed to attach the clamp bits to the cages. this last job along with aligning the clamps has taken most of the afternoon, a very fiddly job and still not quite done. that's it for now. for those of you who know your M25 geography i now have to go from kent to essex and the dartford bridge is closed . i feel a bit like captain oakes, i may be gone some time.hopefully see you all soon
cheers Paul

rockwellcm

Alphans
Square off the edges,it does make a differance,above the doors are a must.
I took my time and worked slow,i am using a x-acto no17 blade,works well,but slow is the word here.
i have also done the plasticard insert above the doors as per Chris P.

i had to redo the plasticard detail,so i am working on that area just now,my `Chopper` turned up today,so i am having a few practice runs with it before final cutting and fitting to the pod

paul gray

Forum Supporter
well, that was fun. just over 3 hours for a trip that normaly takes 30 mins:cry::cry: and i broke a bit of the rear cage getting it out of the car, not a good evening
cheers Paul

rockwellcm

Alphans
well, that was fun. just over 3 hours for a trip that normaly takes 30 mins:cry::cry: and i broke a bit of the rear cage getting it out of the car, not a good evening
cheers Paul

Best to pin it all,i have not had a break since i did that.
its a big job but worth it (took me a week)

paul gray

Forum Supporter
the damage is repairable but i haven't got round to doing it yet. here are some pics of the work i have managed to sneak in during the day.

all the sensor dish holes have been made and fit nice and snugly. the clamps need to be tightened up a bit and then painted
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
i missed one out of the rear of the beak and here's some of the pod. the base is finished, just need to paint the mounting rings for the feet. a tiny amount of pipe needs to be filed away to allow the rings to sit in the space. have still to get the chisel out to square all the recesses
cheers Paul

shornak

Alphans
Larger Then 44"

Please forgive me I am new here and have not posted here before nor have I looked throughout the who site. Has anyone ever attempted to make an Eagle larger than 44"? Don't know why you'd want too but just curious.

Stratosphere

Alphans
just finished the spine and i cant believe how light it is. it weighs 6oz. i have just weighed my brass spine for comparison and that weighs 1lb 12 oz's , quite a difference.next up will be to mark up the side pods for the detailing and then stick on boss man's laser cut pieces.
cheers Paul

Hi Paul, very nice work, the black spine parts, are they carbon fibre ? If yes then what material are the white parts made of ?

Stephane.

jockdeboer

Alphans
I was supposed to be the last on his list but I guess he got too tired of making them. Too bad as it looks like the way to go.