Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

44" Eagle with Glider

Drumeagish

Alphans
I still need to fix a couple of things (adjustments) on the Eagle then I'll be able to do some distress painting. More tubing on the engine has yet to be put in place. I'm not a purist (mostly because I can't afford it and would just like to finish it), but the look is basically there. The glider is coming along. Some tweaking on certain areas of that too.

The smaller glider was a prototype that was given to me from the guy at Unlimited Replicas about 3 years ago that was supposed to be fitted for ther 23" Eagle which I have in my collection. The glider I'm making is probably an inch or so too big (judging from other photos I didn't see at the time I cut out the pattern--sloppy research on my part, oh well). I didn't know what the exact measurements were, and I (without thinking) blew up the reference photos at 200% when it probably should have been blown up around 180%. Even though, it's good practise for me.

[/img]

shrugger

Alphans
Hmm, occasionaly I click a link or something and the little new post
eagle thingy's disappear, causing me to miss interesting posts, much like
this one :oops:
I wasn't aware of your giant Eagle or the very cool glider your working
on. I'm interested in your progress on the glider :pics: ;)

Drumeagish

Alphans
Thanks! It's coming along. Still need more filler and sanding/filing. The underbelly still has to be worked on and still deciding if I should just use car filler or some bevelled pieces of wood/styrene. The engine bell in the background is from Jim Small of Smallartworks.

shrugger

Alphans
Whats the problem your having with the underside?
Bondo is a wonder of modern science :!: and can cover
up a lot of sins so to speak.:smug: