Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

44" side booster build up

paul gray

Forum Supporter
after getting over the disappointment of not winning Jim Smalls side booster template on ebay i have decided to build a set for myself and if it works out not too expensive to offer a kit for members .the booster is made up of mainly loads of EMA plastic pieces which i have identified and ordered. i have contacted Mike Reader and he will do a set of ally bells that come with the cake decoration piece that the bell inserts into. o n another thread DX has identified the long piece that runs down the side as from a big scale revell phantom.with many thanks to Eagletransporter i now have some amazing photos of his original booster. now then folks this is where i need your help. can you help me identify the little detail parts on the bottom and the detailing on the boosters.

cheers Paul

w8cmp

Alphans
Some look suspiciously like German Tank wheels - Panzer IV if I'm not mistaken - possibly Tamiya

Bishop

Alphans
They're Pz IV wheels, I think they're a tad too square for aircraft wheels, even matchbox ones. Under all that paint its hard to tell. EagleTransporter, do they have a lip on the wheels, that would suggest a rubber outer ring sitting on an ever so slightly larger rim? It is a lovely model the Pz IV from Tamya, but painting the road wheels is a pain.

Paul this is a great idea.

29390, the bits for your 44" actually seem to be slowly coming together, even the extras. All you need is a Lab pod and spine booster... though I suppose the standard pod better come first.

paul gray

Forum Supporter
panzer bought and paid for. will post pics when it arrives.
what about the long thin bit with tiny holes? any guesses
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
EMA and tank arrived, good news bad news. the EMA bits are perfect but the tank wheels i have aren't quite right. on the pictures posted the fine detail on the wheels includes small holes all the way round the wheel. o n the ones i have there is detailing but no holes. the scale is correct. are there many different panzer 1v kits .here's the one i bought

cheers Paul

DX-SFX

Alphans
OK, here's your only clue: Think murdering Russian leader with a bushy moustache combined with Airfix OO for the tank wheels. You might also like to consider an Airfix boat kit that starts with V, ends in R and has OSPE in the middle for the perforated strips on the side.

paul gray

Forum Supporter
:notworthy::notworthy:many thanks oh mighty Obi Wan. did you mean one of these ?

you can make out the stripe on the side.now looking for the tank with a dodgy tache
cheers Paul
p.s. anyone need a tamiya panzer 1v tank?

paul gray

Forum Supporter
here's the progress so far. only the 2 rear tanks are glued ,the rest are just resting. not sure what will be the best way to paint this. stick it all together and then mask off areas or paint individually and then stick together. considering this is fairly easy it's taking a long time. the second booster will probably go together quicker
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
right folks here we have the first finished booster ,minus paint job and engine bell. many thanks to DX for pointing out the kit parts i needed

just been told it's time for tea. post more pics later
cheers Paul

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
There were only 2 made. The dimensions are in millimetres. The engines came off the death's other Domium ship!!!
Phil Rae

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
the engines were salt cellars I believe
Phil
I have some pics of the original which I owned...will try and get them up soon
Phil rae

paul gray

Forum Supporter
as promised some more photos.

as you can see ,the quality of Mike's work is amazing. the first photo is his copy and the original cake decoration that i have. the only difference that can be seen is in the second photo where the rim around the hole is a bit thicker to make the join with the engine bell a bit stronger. the whole item has been primed( i didn't put back the small tanks for this photo) and now stands almost 22cm tall .trying to find a match with a car paint as i dont have an airbrush.will post more pics when the painting proper starts
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
although i have posted pictures on the booster order thread i thought i would post the pictures here aswell in order to tidy things up
cheers Paul