Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

76-inch Orion III spaceplane

Well, Wonderfest is over and the Orion is now with the Museum of Science Fiction in Washington DC -- at least for the next three years. Here are some shots of the model as she appeared in the contest room...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 53
My iPad doesn't seem to want to let me post more than one image at a time, so here's another...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 42
Why I love this Forum.....

No matter where we are in the world, we have the opportunity to see beautiful model-making of the highest standards. This is one such example.

Your heart must be in your mouth every time you go to move her, B.P. - plus, you're entrusting her to a third party. I've really enjoyed seeing the photographs of your progress, and the one with the lights on is just wonderful. You're a talented man, with a generosity of spirit which allows people all over the world to gaze, in awe, at your handiwork.

Kindest regards

Patrick

Don't really know how to respond to such kind remarks other than to say 'thank-you.'
I think we all strive to create the best work possible and that's all I was trying to do with the Orion. I do admit to a bit of separation anxiety at turning the model over to the Museum of Science Fiction, but it will hopefully be a useful tool in their efforts to establish a permanent museum in Washington DC.
BP

I received a photo from the Museum of Science Fiction of the Orion III as she appears at the Future of Travel exhibit at Reagan National Airport in Washington, DC. The other items on display include "retro-futuristic" travel posters showing vacation destinations around the solar system. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some better shots to share.
BP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 51
Just utterly, utterly beautiful.....

What a fantastic picture. You must be very proud, B P. Thanks for letting us see this.

Kindest regards

Patrick